Best restaurant that we have eaten on the Big Island this week. 4 out 4 stars in our opinion.
Fantastic. Very Special Excellent service and food
Our go to place for great food on the Big Island. Well worth the drive
Delicious farm to table cuisine, outstanding wine list and exemplary service. Without a doubt, the best on the big island!
It was wonderful.. We celebrated Valentines Day with lunch.. Great food and service..
Very nice Valentine's Day lunch. Very busy, but we did not feel rushed.
We have eaten at Merriman’s Kaua’i many times, and it’s our favorite restaurant on that island. So we had to try it on our first trip to the Big Island. Same great food and impeccable service. A bit out of the way in Waimea, but you won’t be disappointed.
Used to be our go to place for dining when visiting the Big Island. Some trips would visit twice in a week. Will have to re-think that based upon last two experienced. To say the least, felt like primary objective of restaurant is to turn tables. If I wanted to get in and out in 45 minutes rather go to Denny’s and not drop $200 on dinner for two.
Our servers tag teamed us. Who ever had a free second swooped in. 3 different servers.
Meal went like this.
1. We were seated and handed menus
2. Within 2-3 minutes Server 1 took drink orders. No problem with that
3. In 5 minutes drinks were served by server 1
4. After two sips, server 2 appeared and asked if we had any questions about the menu. No mention of soup de jour, fresh catch, or any other features. Felt like if we didn’t ask would never know.
5. Skipping details, one other server later, it had been 40 minutes since we entered the restaurant, and we were wrapping up our dinner. Trying to slow the process down, I put my fork down for a moment, and tried to see if we could make it an hour before finishing. Within seconds, while I was still chewing and with food on my plate, a staff member asked if he could take my plate. I had to finish chewing before I could tell him not yet.
6. Dinner plates removed and dessert ordered. Crisp aka mode. Came within the time needed to heat up and slap a scoop of ice cream on top
7. Two bites in, we were asked if we needed anything else, and we said “no” , we were good.
8. In a blink, my check was on the table.
We did tell our server we felt like we were being rushed. She took desert off our check and said it was management policy to bring check before desert was finished
9. With tip, spent $190 and put the door in about 1 hour and 10 minutes, only because we stretched it out.
All told we spent more time in the car going and returning than actually eating there.
Not a good experience.
Friendly and efficient service. We were seated quickly and greeted by our waitress and received our cocktail and wine. Food outstanding! We shared the special Lobster Pot Pie as appetizer. Entrees were Ahi, fresh and melted in my mouth and the Fish of the Day - AMAZING! Caution a bit of a drive inland so watch the alcohol intake.
We always go to Merrimans when we come to the Big Island. Great food! Great Service!
Really great place if you are in weimea. The food was delicious and not crazy expensive. I had the local filet and it was as tender as the poke we had to start the meal. My wife’s fish of the day was also tender and moist. It is pretty loud inside so bring your energy and have a few cocktails to start!
As always the food was fresh and beautifully presented and every bite was enjoyed. Our server was delightful! We enjoy returning to Merriman’s whenever we are on the Big Island.
Service was slow. I had to ask for more iced tea, water, and salt and pepper. Tough to get wait staff attention
Very pleased with the ambiance and friendliness of the staff. I had the fish tacos and they were excellent and very filling.