I have been here one a dinner date with my girlfriends, a lunch with my daughter and Valentine’s with the hubby. All experiences have been great. Food is delicious. Would definitely recommend making a reservation.
Great place for Valentine's day!
My girlfriend broke up with me.
Great fresh food. .
Loved this place. Will come back again very soon.
I came here for my anniversary and I absolutely loved the service provided to us. The server was attentive and I never had to ask her for anything. She knew what I wanted before I even asked and that was greatly appreciated. While booking with opentable and saying it was an anniversary, the manager and server both wished us a happy anniversary and made it that much more special for us. I definitely would come back again. The food was delicious and well portioned.
We’ve had dinner at Gyu-Kaku quite often.
1. The good is descent and reasonably price. Prices are even better when you dine during the happy hour periods.
2. I wouldn’t go as far to say that the service is excellent, but it is good. You can expect a staff member to greet you within 5 minutes of being seated, ready to take your drink order. As soon as you place your order, the food will start coming out about 7-10 minutes after your order is placed.
3. Via their Mobil app, you can reward points every time you dine at their establishment. The points are truly worthwhile accumulating, and they are not stingy with their points, where you can redeem points almost every time you visit. On an average, I’ve received up to $25.00 of my entire bill.
1. Reservations are recommended, else, you could find yourself waiting at least 45 minutes or longer for a table. Even wait time with reservations is an average 10 minute wait.
2. The bathrooms are not very well maintained. While it’s kind of cool that the toilets are heated, the stalls are often dirty, stinky, and often have no toilet paper in them. I often just go in there to wash my hand before and after dinner, and often wait to use the bathroom until I get home.
3. The restaurant Is quite loud. This is not a place to have a romantic dinner. Besides, Cooking on a grill is not quite my definition of a romantic date, but rather, a place for friends, and family to enjoy a fun night out and grill/cook together.
Staffs were all friendly and attentive! Food were delicious! Requested a birthday dessert during online booking, and a pleasant surprise of the staffs all gathered at our table with a birthday ice cream s’mores dessert and cheerfully sang the birthday song. You guys are the best!
Most of the meats in Meat's Lovers sets and beef rice are extremely salty, so we can't eat too much. The restaurant need to improve that!
this time we had the worst experience ever. waited 40 mins after ordered and only a couple were served. no updates from the server or manager. we were not in the mood to eat after being kept waiting for so long and had to cancel the rest of order. the rib finger dish smells old and not fresh at all. even though the manager apologized and gave us two orders of gyutan for free, its bad experience overall and we had to find food elsewhere to eat becasuse we were not full after spending over an hour in there. terrible experience!
I am very disappointed with this place, they have raised the price again and it seems like they raised it every year now. But the also took away the edamame that comes free with the happy hour lunch. So you get LESS but pay MORE.
Always a great place to go with groups because of the enormous amounts of food. Note to anyone eating at restaurant: no need to order any extra food if you're ordering the "package" deals. There is SO much food already included! I would add the Garlic Noodles for something tasty. Otherwise, don't order anything else! They did change the menus slightly and to take advantage of the grill, they put in S'Mores for dessert. It was okay but I would have preferred the Green Tea Cheesecake instead.
Fun place to eat. Great with family and friends!
Just okay, don’t think we’ll go back. Don’t particularly like cooking my own food. It got hot sitting in front of a super hot cooking source. Most enjoyed the house salad and the beef bibimbap.
Noisy, service was not good, had to keep asking for food and forgotten items order.
No refills on drinks without having to get someone. Could have been much better than what we experienced - liked the concept but the execution of the entire experience left us lacking. Perhaps a good place for groups who like a lot of noise. Fun to cook your food but it all came out in different stages and you never had a plate of different food. I.E. vegetables arrived first, then the meat dishes came out staggered. One meal came out while the others waited. Very unorganized and run overall. Want to be hip versus good with service and attention to details.
Overall is good. Food potion is small. They offer happy hour before 6:30pm.
For meat we ordered garlic shoyu chicken thigh, shio white soy duck breast, spicy gochujang pork belly, a spicy gochujang pork shoulder, garlic shoyu ribeye, and a salt & pepper filet mignon. Besides that we shared a bowl of rice and garlic chicken noodles. The noodles were delicious on their own. The meats were all decent, and it was fun cooking them on the grill. The recommended 2-3 min for certain meats was too long with the default high flame setting; it ended up burning a few slices of pork. The best way for us to cook was to vary it based on the size of the meat and flipping it over to check for brown-ness. I thought the duck was the highlight since we've never grilled duck before; it came out tender, juicy, and rich. The gochujang sauce (I've never seen it outside a Korean setting) gave a nice fermented and savory kick to the meat. The only downside was the small portion sizes with the meats. I didn't feel it was worth the price to have only a few slices of each on a plate, but I guess that's what you'd expect with a yakiniku/barbecue place. The upside was that most of it was delicious. The default dipping sauces ("Spicy", "Sweet Soy", and "Ponzu") were great with the meats, especially the spicy and sweet soy ones for my palate. The waiter (Christian) was fantastic throughout, and the taiyaki (best deep-fried in the kitchen) with black sesame ice cream was an amazing finish to the overall meal.
We go all the time. Love it
Delicious food that fills you up, even though you have to cook it yourself :-)
We love the Gyu Kaku chain in Japan so we decided to try this one. I actually like the system they have here better. The price is really reasonable for the quality. The menu has enough variety to make our whole family happy and we have - vegetarians, pescatarians and hard core meat eaters.