No one said a word when I entered the door. The food was very salty and they were short on staff. It took over 30 minutes to get the server to come over to allow us to order our meal and the had a very limited bar. I would not visit again
Tried to go for restaurant week. Big mistake. I made a reservation. When I got there, they had only one table available right by the door. It took forever for anyone to even bring us menus. They completely ignored us and we couldn't believe it. They were more worried about the people at the bar. No one asked our drink orders after leaving the menus. We considered staying but after looking at the menu, nothing stood out to us. Sat in the restaurant for about 15 minutes before we were fed up. We left and decided to spend our $35 per person elsewhere. Will never come back.
One of the worst dining experiences any of us ever had. To count down the ways the service alone was bad:
1. No one greeted us for twenty minutes upon arrival
2. We were sat forty minutes past our eight pm reservation
3. The waitress came by to tell us she had other tables and would get to us when she had time
4. It took three hours for us to get our entire meal
5. We didn't receive water until forty minutes into our meal
6. The waters were never refilled until ten minutes before we left, when the majority of the tables were empty, despite our asking any time the waitress came by
7. The waitress was rude, rude, rude. Mad she was the only waitress on the floor, took it out on the guests. Having worked in the service industry myself, rule #1 is never take out your bad day on the guests. And there was zero sense of urgency in waiting the tables or bringing food out. The food would sit on the counter, ready for delivery, and she would walk by it one, two, three times, everything was luke warm or cold by the time it was delivered.
8. Silverware was handed out ten minutes after food had arrived, being handed the knife, the fork, the spoon, one by one.
9. If you asked for any additions, a glass of wine, extra ketchup, it never came came back to the table.
To top it off, the food was tasteless, and everyone felt sick after leaving. How this restaurant has so many good reviews is beyond me. The biggest waste of money and time of any restuarant in the DMV.
My friends and I went here for Restaurant Week and while the food was decent, some of the dishes were pretty bland due to no seasoning. We would've asked our server for some salt however, she was nowhere to be found most of the time. Even though the place was small, they only had one server running around with the hostess helping out every now and then, but she herself kept dip out of the restaurant throughout our dinner time period. Overall, food was subpar, service was terrible. Ask for something and you'll be lucky if they remembered and brought it to you. Parking is also terrible as its street only
Closes at 11pm, but started turning the music off and putting up chairs at 930.
Food was decent.
Ambiance was interesting.
Restaurant cancelled my reservation even though I checked in and dined there. Food was not good.
My friend ordered the bouillabaisse. She was served essentially a dull consommé with some unremarkable seafood floating in it. My crabcake was good but the accompanying fries were limp & greasy. This was my 3rd meal at Drift, the first to disappointment me.
door sign indicated restaurant closed at 1am, waitress asked us to finish and leave by 10pm
Food was overpriced ($16 octopus starter with three tiny pieces of octopus), the waiter couldn't explain how the fish was prepared, and none of the beers described on the menu were available. My seared tuna (accurately described initially by the waiter as raw) arrived bone cold.
Really enjoyed our meal at Drift 7. The service was outstanding, and the food was yummy. It's a very small place, and my nephew and I went on a night where a band was playing. The music was good, but it made for a difficult time talking.
Delicious! Nice atmosphere.
Great choices for restaurant week!
The food was fantastic. Went during Restaurant Week after passing it by many times while riding the bus. I was so impressed by the quality of the fish. When they say Daily Catch, they mean daily. The tuna was so fresh, lightly seared so you really tasted the quality of the fish above all else. You cannot fake this kind of quality. Would recommend to anyone!
Had a great time. Service was wonderful, the food was delicious and served quickly. The restaurant week deal is $35 for 3 courses with a great selection and the happy habanero drink was awesome.
Funky and different at the intersection of great food and fun casual atmosphere. May was an excellent server and clearly really cares, perhaps the owner. Good fresh lightly prepared fish and SUPERB plantains!
Food wasn't very good- not fresh, no flavor. The service was terrible- took 40 minutes just to get salads. Wine list is good- but definitely not worth it with all the amazing restaurants in DC.