We've been to this restaurant many times. Our favorite item on the menu is the "Poke Your Way", where you specify how you want your poke made. Poke is a Hawaiian dish made from raw fish, typically Ahi tuna. It is a "Must Have" when visiting Hawaii. Although we came for the Poke, the monthly tasting menu for this August is outstanding, so we decided to go with it instead.
The things I like most about this restaurant...
- Outdoor dining on the patio overlooking the pool and ocean. The sunset is the best on the Island.
- Live music on the pool deck. The Hapuna has done a great job of booking fabulous artists to play every evening on the pool deck. You can hear them from anywhere on the patio of the Ocean Grille. From the first row of the patio at the Ocean Grill, you can see the artist as well.
- The friendly service. Elizabeth was our server this evening. We love Elizabeth, but the other servers we've had on other nights are great as well.
- The food. The Poke Your Way is the best. The seafood pasta is the best I have had anywhere.
The monthly tasting menus are great.
- If, like me, you have a favorite martini that is not common... the bartender here will do a great job of recreating it for you.
One note... The Hapuna Beach Prince has started a major reconstruction project, which is scheduled to complete in February 2018. The normal walkway to the Ocean Grille has been re-routed through the pool area to accommodate the construction. Although a bit inconvenient, it is out of sight and mind once you are seated, watching the fabulous sunset and listening to the beautiful Hawaiian music.