4-6 every day & all day on mondays
Multiple dates available
Mon - Thu 4:00 PM - 9:00 PMCome try our happy hour....huge portions for super cheap!
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Staff temperature check required
- Contact tracing information collected
Food is always delicious but tonight seemed very unorganized and overwhelmed. Meal took over 2 hours from start to finish. Took about an hours just to get calamari and salads. After food finally served, got dessert which was hastily done and very messy on plate.. not up to standards of this restaurant which is usually perfect.
We have loved Cativella since it opened. We saw that Monday had happy hour all day, not normally a night we eat out, but it's one of our favorite restaurants in Denver and we live nearby.
Our server was often missing and our happy hour went over two hours. The food was mostly great, but did not love the chicken liver paté. It was fine, but not amazing. This pandemic has been hard on restaurants and we know much of the staff is new and young. The kitchen still worked hard!
Our anniversary dinner with friends (5 years). Thoroughly enjoyed the happy hour all night and we were not the only ones - it was packed by 7pm on a Monday! Thrilled to be outside and great ambiance, food, and Chianti 👍🏼
Outstanding food and service!
Elise and her team are exceptional. Every dish is prepared right in front of you and every dish has her love for Italian food. Every server is friendly and attentive. Highly recommended!!!
Pizza was disappointing. It was essentially just pizza dough. The sauce and toppings were barely present. Felt like I ordered a dough entree.
Caesar salad was also a let down. It was a whole heart of romain that had been grilled. When i order a salad i’m not looking to have to cut up the lettuce myself. The dressing also seemed to have too much lemon juice in it for my taste. It was more sour than creamy.
In my opinion the food was very overpriced for what I paid for. Felt like I paid more to get less.
Food is very good! Enjoyed dining outside and had a very enjoyable evening.
Creative Italian menu. Attentive staff. Great indoor/outdoor eating environment.
Good restaurant , good food , and service. I’d recommend it
Amazing experience, amazing food. Our waitress was wonderful, the atmosphere was great. Wonderful place for date night.
Enjoyed Cattivella for the first time last night. Food was delicious. Service was fantastic. Happy hour was also awesome! Can't wait to come back again!
Great food, great and friendly service. Also a nice, fun atmosphere. Large patio area is nice too. Just wish they offered a couple entrees for vegetarians. The menu is very meat and cheese heavy.
Cattivella is always amazing. Food. Service. Atmosphere. It's all there. Not to miss.
Best Happy hour food in Denver!
The energy behind the counter is awesome.
Everything great. Only issue was 2-3 annoying flies. You have open doors to the patio - which is great - but the flies were annoying.
The idea of Rabbit Gnochi may be something you think you should avoid, but I think it's one of the most delicious dishes served at Cattivella. Try it, it is amazing!
Chicken was overcooked and dry. Tortellini in the Pasticcio was undercooked. Standard seating and still heavy fly and wasp traffic bothering us.
I love this restaurant, but my "medium" steak came back very well done, and we were swarmed by flies (alfresco dining). Still a great place though.
The Charbroiled oysters were outstanding. Alex our waiter was exceptional!
A great evening out.
The food is delicious, though they appeared to be out of a lot of menu favorites which was frustrating - food and wine. However, it was delicious and we will be back!
This place is always amazing. Great experience sitting at the counter, amazing food/wine service. Thanks chefs!
Always a wonderful neighborhood spot- was great to see it busy and all the servers jumped in to help with the rush so we were well taken care of. We love the patio seating.
The service was very good but the food was below par. In particular that was a level zero quality Burrata. It didn't look anything like burrata and was just messy liquid at the bottom of the plate. The gnocchi didn't have the right texture so it really through off my date and she couldn't eat it. The gnocchi was very pasty. My dish was the best thing we ordered and it was just okay. The wine was very good.
No complaints about the wait staff or the ambience but I expected a lot more after having somebody recommend the place.
I highly recommend sitting at the counter so you can watch all the action in the kitchen!
We’ve been fans of Cattivella since it opened and the food and service has only gotten better in the last few years. It’s a Central Park neighborhood gem. The Sgagliozze appetizer is amazing and the gluten free pizza and pasta is a real treat for those of us who have to avoid gluten.
The burrata and gnocchi were delicious and their outdoor seating was exactly what we wanted.
Love this place, excellent food and service we will be back!
Great ambience and food!
Frankly, uninspired and overpriced. Perhaps a good option for happy hour. $26for a pizza that was good but not memorable is a bit much. I had high expectations for the crust and it was underwhelming at best. On the reservation they ask if this was a special occasion (and it was). For 3 people we were offered a high-top table for 6 next to the door in the most trafficked area. Really?
Too loud - service was great. Food was wonderful. Just noisy.
The great food that Cattivella is known for, in our experience, is inconsistant. The pizza is always freaks and hot.
We drive from Wash Park just because the on-grill Oysters are the BEST! The pizzas as well! AND meatballs too! Most everything!
Very enjoyable. Food and service is always excellent. It is our favorite place to dine. We highly recommend you try it if you have never been there.
Casual atmosphere but fine dining! I've been to Cattivella three or four times now and I'm never disappointed.
Overall I had a great dining experience and the staff was friendly. There was a small hiccup where my order was taken to someone else and that held up my food order but my waitress and her team rectified it quickly.
Cativella and it’s neighboring restaurants create a festive atmosphere. Upon our request, the friendly hostess made a effort to seat us outside. We did not have to wait long for our food. We recommend the rotisserie chicken. It was wonderfully flavored and very tender. We only wished that there were more dishes with vegetables available.
Nice environment, but the food and service left quite a bit to be desired
Poor timing of entrees, hot pasta and cold pizza. Pasta swimming in pesto…where’s the noodles. Bartender doesn’t know the difference between a dirty martini and regular one. Third time dining here, progressively worse.
It was our first visit. Had read good reviews. We were in the area after an event around happy hour and thought it would be a good way to try it out. The service was lovely and efficient. Unfortunately it went downhill from there. Here are some specifics of the food:
1) We started with an appetizer--Ricotta salata crostini. Soggy, chewy, garlic laden crostini with near flavorless ricotta salata (yes, I know it's supposed to be a mild flavor). The fussy decorative micro edibles did nothing to enhance flavor. The wait person noticed and quickly removed the appetizer. So OK, sometimes there's a blip. Move on to ...2) Grilled Radicchio salad: Barely grilled or charred, very tough radicchio (yes, I know it's supposed to have structure, but needing a steak knife to cut?? The whole thing was heavily coated in I assume olive oil that lent almost zero good quality olive oil flavor. Just a big oily bland mess with a few tiny olives and shaving of cheese. I ate a few bites and found it unpalatable and pushed it aside, but I didn't want to bring it, too, to the attention of the wait person. Seems like we're trouble-makers. But it deserved to be sent back. But now it's starting to add up....3) My husband loves thin crust, wood-fired sausage pizza and we've eaten some of the best. We needed a magnifying glass to detect a sparse sprinkling (literally) of sausage--no detectable sausage chunks. It was flat and plain and underwhelming. This should be an insult to the restaurant that seems to take pride in its Italian cuisine chops. He ate that, I tried the chewy/tough crust, because well, it was the least bad item. After this zero-for-three food items we grudgingly paid $56 and left with literally a bad taste in our mouths, very disappointed. That's not a huge food bill to the restaurant but it's a meaningful amount to spend on inedible food. I wish now we would have told the restaurant at the time but we thought it better to quietly leave.
When is the Calimari coming back?
Cattivella offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (303) 645-3779.
Cattivella is rated 4.5 stars by 1240 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.