The bartender was also or waitress. Very poor planning on the managers part. She had too many tables to make all the drinks and provide prompt service. Our food was prepared incorrectly. After being understanding there was no offer of a discount to make up for the mistakes or lack of attention.
Going to Castaways was a horrible experience. It was dirty, unorganized, and unprofessional. There was food on the floor that was never picked up and no one bothered busing tables after guest left. They even ran out of orange juice. It wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!
We had to wait 20-30 minutes for our table. We requested outside. The table was set up in a great location. Full sun. Asked for an umbrella, the umbrella opened up with dirt in it that went all over the table. Then there was a lizard in the umbrella. He stayed with us for the length of our stay. We were there for Sunday brunch. The table next to us became increasingly more intoxicated. Getting louder and louder. At one time they had a very vigorous argument. They fully intended to stay the entire time because of the bottomless mimosas. The food was acceptable. There was plenty of it. The waffle station needed two chefs. It was busy with long lines. The patio wasn't ready to receive the amount of people that were coming in at our time.
1. We were sitted at a table for 2 and when we returned from getting our food our seating was changed to another table I front of us. A man was sitting at our original table. The waitress offered no explanation.
2. Many of the dishes were not available.
3. Food very poor quality, over cooked and not fresh.
4. Short staffed, long wait at carving and pasta station.
5. Hostess and other staff not professional
6. Restaurant is old and desperately needs an update
7. Price of brunch too pricey for the quality of the food.
I've been there 2 times, my 3rd time was on Sunday Feb 18 for brunch.
The other 2 times everything was great. This last time was not good.
1. I had put in reservations about 1 1/2 week before and requested to be seated outside if weather permitted or a window if not...when I got there they sat us in a room not by a window, all the tables outside were taken. All tables by windows were taken.
2. We were told if we wanted chilaquiles to order them with out server which that was fine, but before that we weren't aware of that, went to to the man making them and he told us to order them from the server, when I was in line to get an omelette, there were 3 ladies in front of me asked for chilaquiles he told them the same thing but then he said "never mind, for you i'll do them right now" mind you he had 12 orders of chilaquiles to make because a server went and asked him. That was not fair and that made me mad.
3. Our server, I forgot her name, did not seem to be happy to be there, not sure if it was because it was busy and we were a big group, she was not rude or anything like that she just didn't seem friendly and we had to get her attention and ask for more water, champagne and juice.
The food was good, and I really like the atmosphere there. Just this time I was a little disappointed because I went there to celebrate my birthday, and it was not as I expected like the last time i was there..
Overall the food was not bad. We have the New York strip and my wife the filet mignon. They were both good and well cooked. Our only problem was the appetizers. We got the sampler platter. The calamari was soft and smushy. Not crispy. The cheese dip was great. The remainder of the platter wasn't so great.
Had a 4:45 pm reservation for 4. Server was very nice but it took over a hour to get our food. Not sure why? It wasn't very busy. The food was good. They have a good 3 course meal special if you go between the hours of 4:30 - 5:30. We have been there twice. Would go again for a special occasion. The view is beautiful.
The service was outstanding. Our waitress (Sonia) was the best! More than enough food, which was very good.
It was Valentines Day. Staff was friendly upon arrival. We were seated right away. Although we waited quite a few minutes to be greeted by out waiter and then again for our drink order. He seemed really stressed and it presented to us as rushed. The decor was nice although the heart on the table was flickering on and off then went off completely (dead battery). We told the waiter but he never addressed it or changed it. The menu had a good selection and the food was delicious.
Had a great time. Great view and food. They made Valentine's special for us!
Great food, wonderful atmosphere, Saxphone Musian was awesome. Service usually 1st rate there maybe some of the waiters had a off night. Still a great time though.
Not up to standards with decorations, food or quality of furniture. It had set menu prices yet the food was the kind you get on a cheap cruise. For Valentine’s Day people were dressed in overalls and there were $5 toy hearts on display as a fancy tabletop decoration. Not what I expected at all and would not recommend.
Beautiful view, however the customer service was horrible, the brunch selection was poor and the restaurant was dirty and poorly maintained. We walked in, were escorted to our table and walked right back out
I have been there many times but haven't been in about a year. The flavor and selection went from exceptional to not very good at all. The table next to us had the same comments. Unfortunately I bought gift certificates for Christmas gifts this year.
This was our anniversary celebration & valentines brunch. There were no special linens/decorations. Food items were the same.
Our server Joseph was great. We had young ones with us & he handled them kindly.
The food was amazing and the waitress was very nice and helpful.
Order got lost well waiting took an extra hour to get our food. Server made up for it with free drinks, it wasn't his fault. Other then that only waited about 5 minutes tip be seated.
Requested to have two dozen white roses. I understand that the restaurant may not fill this request, but a phone call would have been nice to inform me prior to my visit. The area was extremely loud and service was slow. Took more than an hour from the time we placed an order to receive or food.
We had a great time at castaway. It was our anniversary and we were able to get a great table with a view. I loved the romantic atmosphere and the food was great ! Our waiter was awesome very attentive. We will definitely be back for more anniversaries and birthdays to come.
Great birthday get together. Waiter was exceptional.