Born & Raised
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
buttermilk biscuits, pickles, hot sauce
Shrimp & Grits
charred scallion, coconut, crispy pork belly
lettuce, ranch, pickles
Was a great experience! The food and drinks were amazing!
Outstanding in every respect!
Visited on opening night November 4th, and had a great time. Tables are well spaced, and every other booth is kept empty. Big, lofty ceiling and good air circulation in the main room - felt comfortable dining there. A couple of interesting cocktails to chose from, and about a dozen excellent beers on tap. Started with the pimento cheese, which had a good flavor but the shredded cheese was a bit coarse. Onion rings are to die for - the bacon-horseradish dipping sauce is phenomenal! I had the fried chicken, which is just as excellent as before. My wife had the cheese steak with duck-fat fries (of course), which also was very tasty but the bun was kinda squishy and fragile - a firmer french/hoagie roll would better support the delicious fillings. Be sure to ask for some chipotle aioli for dipping the fries - way better than catsup! The sweet potato crème brule was delicately spiced and generous enough for two to share. Friendly and well-coordinated service - would never have guessed it was opening night! Prices were well in line for the value received - will definitely return.
Born & Raised offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (301) 835-7628.
Born & Raised is rated 4.8 stars by 3 OpenTable diners.