Big Basin Vineyards - Estate Winery
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for patio and vineyard picnics.
- Maximum party size - 6 (exceptions for cohabitating households)
- Wine tasting flights, bottles and glasses available. (No flights on Fridays)
- Vineyard picnickers need to bring their desired gear (blankets, chairs etc.). Picnic areas will include lower Homestead Vineyard, Pergola and East Terraces Ridge. Pergola reservations limited to 2 1/2 hours depending on demand, otherwise no time limits.
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
No food but everything else is amazing. 2019 rose is so good
So worth the ride! They have socially distanced tables with enough heaters to keep you warm even on a chilly day. The tasting comes out in a flight of science beakers to cut down on the time anyone is at your table. Then you can buy a bottle or a glass to have with your own snacks. It was a great way to spend an afternoon and sent a little love to a local business!
The food is only 5 stars because I brought my own cheese plate ;-) They do not serve food here, it is a working winery. The wines are fabulous! Lovely points and chardonnay's but the true stars are the Syrahs and Rhone blends.
Highly recommend :-)
We brought our own picnic spread and enjoyed a few tastings (brought out in super cool beakers!), then purchased some wine to enjoy there and to go! Extremely relaxed vibe, fun music, lovely seating in the sun. Couldn't have asked for a better day!
Nice property, attentive staff, good wine. I would come back
Great view and a really cozy space to sit and drink wine. Upset that they do wine flights only on the weekend, seems pretty lame. The price for a glass too much and was not worth the small pour. I ended up just buying bottles after the first glass, which were delicious thank goodness. Also the variety was pretty lacking. All the whites, save one, were Chardonnay’s (which a LOT of people don’t like) and about 80% of the reds were syrahs. I was disappointed in the variety, but I’ll still go back for the one bottle I ended up loving.
Loved everything about our experience. The music was beautiful and the wine was awesome. Service was great as well.
Staff seemed bothered that we were there and were not knowledgable about the wines. It's a long way to drive out there from SF and we just felt like a nuisance. It is expensive with weak pours - $50 for a shared tasting for 2 people and was not waived with a wine purchase. Wine is tasty and the vineyard is beautiful but the poor customer service/attitude and price will not get us back there in the future.
Best of luck.
Th is is a local gem! We are so happy they are open and hosting fireside Friday events with live music to boot! Wonderful wine, beautiful views, and a great staff! Thank you for having us!
Big Basin Vineyards - Estate Winery is rated 4.4 stars by 9 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.