Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
A place to see and be seen, this steakhouse is every bit as comfortable as it is refined. Large windows overlook Market Square, eight foot high glass wine cabinets showcase a substantial wine selection and feature photography walls, natural faux leather and cowhide finishes adorn the space.
In tandem with its sister cocktail lounge, 1700° Steakhouse presents signature craft and barrel aged cocktails and locally produced beer.
An award-winning wine list, extensive spirits offerings and unparalleled service in this playfully sophisticated restaurant make for an unforgettable dining experience.
AND all Steakhouse dinner guests receive complimentary valet parking.
This winning combination earned the attention from readers of Harrisburg Magazine voting us Readers Choice - Simply the Best! in 2018, 2019, 2021, & 2022! We have also been recognized by Patriot News when they voted Cafe Magnolia Best New Restaurant. Awards have also been received from Central PA Magazine, Susquehanna Style, and The Carlisle Sentinel.
Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and the newly expanding area of South 3rd Street, is authentic Mexican cuisine at it's best--El Sol Mexican Restaurant. Immerse yourself in our relaxed environment, enjoy the decor, the entrees, the drinks, the experience. You just may fall in love with Mexican food all over again. Proud winners of several awards, including Harrisburg Magazine's "Best New Restaurant" 2008, Winner in the category of Mexican food for Harrisburg Magazine 2008 - 2019 and Central PA magazine 2008-2011 ...including awards for our margaritas! We also boast Harrisburg's largest tequila selection.
Craft Kitchen and Bar
A comfortable gathering place where people come together to celebrate, debate politics or simply spend time with friends and family, Ad Lib is a “new take” on a traditional American Tavern.
Food and Drink offerings are old favorites “turned on their side” and full of surprises. Our food and beverage chefs combine classic preparations with contemporary creativity. Ad lib specials, the “Ad Lib Lunch” and Ad lib social hours celebrate spontaneity. This is a place to share food and share stories. There’s no script, just a stage set for you to wing it!
This is food that is fun to cook, fun to eat, fun to share. And, you can try many dishes in one visit with the large offering of small plate options. Guests can choose from over 40 small plates, over 30 wines by the glass, over 60 selections of beer and an ever changing list of craft, barrel aged and edible cocktails.
- CSCathySNew Orleans / Louisiana •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWork get together due to 4 people leaving our work family. Excellent service, a lot of fun and laughter, great experience for return and new customers. Thank youMore infoThe Melting Pot - Harrisburg$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Harrisburg•4.7
- KGKathrynGBaltimore / Maryland •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAlways a pleasure eating their, it is our second time within a month. Love the atmosphere, the food and certainly the attentive staff make a difference also.More info1700° Steakhouse$$$$Price: Moderate• undefined• Harrisburg•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinervipPhiladelphia County •5 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoGreat dinner. Saw Parkside Harmony at the Forum Auditorium. Then walked to Ad Lib. Great apps. Monkeybread pretzel was outstanding. Waiter was top notch. Great guy. Very attentive. Halibut was absolutely delicious! Sat in front if the kitchen. Highly recommend!More infoAd Lib Craft Kitchen and Bar$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary American• Harrisburg•4.2
- WWillgalPhiladelphia County •17 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 15, 2024We too our daughter and her husband for Valentine's Day and felt fortunate to get a late-date reservation at 8:00 pm. We had a little wait but got a table near the rear of the room. Our waitress was very personable and full of energy at that time of night and answered every question we had about our options. We had wine and some appetizers then 3 of the 4 of us ordered the tuna - which was OUTSTANDING! The roses after the meal were a nice touch, and it was a wonderful evening. If we lived in the city, we be going here more often.More infoCafe Fresco - Center City$$$$Price: Moderate• Fusion / Eclectic• Harrisburg•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerPhiladelphia County •3 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 14, 2024First time dining at El Sol. Our server was fantastic! Timely, knowledgeable, and humorous. The food was amazing! We were full before we could get through our entrees. The jalapeño margarita was something I never had heard of before, it was delicious!! Prices were decent and the atmosphere was quiet and festive. 10/10 recommend!!More infoEl Sol Mexican Restaurant$$$$Price: Moderate• Mexican• Harrisburg•4.8
12 quintessential date-night restaurants in Philadelphia
There’s a restaurant for every love language in Philadelphia. Early-in-the-game dates get a sexy vegan cocktail bar. An Andalusian tapas spot screams “group date.” For an ultra-luxe proposal, go all out with a tasting menu on the 59th floor of the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. This guide pairs Philadelphia restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are Philadelphia’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
4 new restaurants making a splash in Philadelphia right now
Philadelphia’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Where to find Philadelphia’s best outdoor dining
Philadelphia’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
17 restaurants that define Philadelphia dining
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Philadelphia dining right now.
12 of Philadelphia’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Maybe you got engaged on the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art or just picked up the keys to your first rowhouse. It could be that your kid is (finally) toilet trained, or that your noisy neighbor moved away. Sometimes, simply surviving another Tuesday can be an occasion to celebrate over a restaurant meal. It doesn’t have to be fancy. What makes an occasion special isn’t an arbitrary date on the calendar—it’s the decision to celebrate. Luckily, Philadelphia bursts with places where the food and atmosphere lend themselves to living it up. Grab dinner and a jazz show at a swinging North Broad Street faithful. Opt for a quieter night at a critically acclaimed, plant-based gem in Midtown Village. Or splurge on a swanky steakhouse that presides over a corner of Rittenhouse Park. Whether you’re after an intimate spot for an anniversary date or a convivial atmosphere for a boisterous reunion, Philadelphia has you covered with these 12 celebration-worthy restaurants.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s bar scene pulses with the same eclectic energy that defines its restaurants. In every neighborhood, you’ll find spots that reflect the people who live, work, and drink there. Some embrace the city’s signature blue collar ethos while others offer glamorous settings—and even higher-end spirits. Many are attached to restaurant kitchens that turn out the kind of top-notch food that put Philadelphia on the culinary map. The city’s drinking dens have you covered, whether your tastes skew classic or trendy, whiskey or vodka, domestic or imported. Grab a friend—plus a barstool—and explore this town by way of its best watering holes.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Philadelphia & New Jersey
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
10 Top Burger Picks in Philadelphia and New Jersey
The genesis of the beef-on-bun combo known as the hamburger might be forever shrouded in mystery — there are at least six different people that claim to be responsible for its invention — but regardless of who came up with the burger, its appeal is undeniable. Throughout Philadelphia and New Jersey, burger options abound, from pared-down smashburgers topped with a simple combo of lettuce, tomato and onion, to patties finished with bacon and eggs designed for brunch-time enjoyment. Up and down the New Jersey coastline and into Philadelphia, these are the spots serving can’t-miss burgers.
Discover Trending Restaurants in Philadelphia
Find the best trendy Restaurants in Harrisburg on OpenTable. See all best list of trendy Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Located near Hershey Town USA and the beautiful, 63-acre Susquehanna River, Harrisburg is a central Pennsylvania jewel that is brimming with pride, beautiful countryside and charming, small-town fare. The city, in fact, is known for its craft breweries, hole-in-the-wall sandwich shops and slow-churned ice cream. Don't miss out on a salted caramel milkshake! Whether you’re munching on high-end popcorn snacks called “poshcorn” at the vintage-style theater converted into a café or taking a riverboat cruise with a beer in hand, you’ll find a lot of charm in Harrisburg. You'll also come across vibrant fresh options from local Harrisburg growers and farmers.
Frequently asked questions
As of February 23, 2024 there are 18 restaurants in Harrisburg. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Contemporary American, Mexican, Unspecified, Italian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Harrisburg who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Harrisburg either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Camp Hill Mall
- Hills Shopping Center
- Fourth And Dauphin Park
- Wingate by Wyndham
- Scottish Inns Harrisburg
- Hilton Harrisburg
- Capital City Mall
- Penn And Dauphin Park
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
- State Game Lands Number
- Silver Spring Golf Course
- State Game Lands Number
- Inn of the Dove - Harrisburg
- Baymont Inn & Suites
- Staybridge Suites Harrisburg-Hershey
- Clarion Hotel Conference Center New Cumberland
- Broad Street Market
- Penn And Sayford Park
- State Game Lands No
- State Game Land No 3