The Old Surrey Restaurant is Surrey’s best well- kept secret. Built in 1918, it was the residence of Lou Jack and his household until it was converted into a restaurant in 1974.
The interior has a crisp, clean aesthetic that is enhanced by hardwood floors and the enlarged photos of historic Surrey that adorn the walls. There are five distinct dining areas on the top floor (including a cozy library) and a banquet facility downstairs. The cuisine is French with a splash of West Coast flare. A treat for new and seasoned guests alike are the signature dishes that are prepared and flambeed tableside.
The restaurant is family owned and operated since 1975. Since 1984 the restaurant has entered into a partnership with the family farm in Ryder Lake overlooking Chilliwack from the nearby mountains. The Old Surrey is well known for its free-range lamb and veal allowing customers to enjoy fresh organic ingredients.