Ocean Prime - Philadelphia
Located on South 15th Street in Center City, Ocean Prime is open nightly for dinner and features three stunning private dining rooms to host your next meeting or celebration.
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Staff temperature check required
I reserved this restaurant for my husbands birthday dinner. I specified via open table the occasion was celebrating a birthday. Our waiter didn’t mention anything regarding his birthday, so when showing us the dessert menu I was taken aback, thinking they’d bring a happy birthday dessert or some sort like other places. The waiter said he didn’t even know. Very disappointing and wouldn’t celebrate another birthday here.
Been here many times and they do not disappoint. Food and service was outstanding!
Great food & great vibes. Although up top, the lighting isn't the best so it's not a great area for pictures if you get sat up there.
Had a lovely experience! Our waiter was amazing and funny. Food was perfect! Wish we were seated somewhere else and not away in another room. But over all, I would come back.
Suberb service food wonderful cocktails great
It was my anniversary dinner. The service was very slow. It took 20 minutes for our water then he left and came back 10 minutes later to take our drink order. Then another 15 minutes to take our entree order. Not to mention the food was not great. Luckily for us we set next to a nice couple so the conversation was great. I would never go back. We had the crab cakes and the ribeye. The mash potatoes and the warm butter cake was the only good thing we eat that night.
The overall service was 100%… this one of my favorite restaurants… will definitely go back..
The server Dave was Fantastic
Here for an anniversary. Great experience and food. Great fast service beautiful restaurant
Great quality food.
For a business dinner, music is too loud.
Had a blast with my wife. The waitress was great. The whole place is great.
Worst experience ever! Took my kids and bf for his bday ! So unprofessional . Nothing went as planned .
The service is top notch, great atmosphere. The food is excellent and the staff is all very nice and willing to help. I highly recommend oceans prime in Philadelphia
Usually one of my favorites, this time was noticeably not at par - service was slow, food over-cooked and bland, generally not hitting on all cylinders. A bad night or trend, not sure.
Our waiter was amazing, as well as, all the rest of the guys helping and serving. Food delicious and beautifully presented.
Celebrating my wife’s birthday. Food and service was great. Highly recommended.
Food was unfulfilling. I was still hungry after 3 appetizers. Would not order apps from here again. It is better to just get dinner.
We were surprisingly underwhelmed by our most recent trip to Ocean Prime. Our writer's assistant never brought our bread or drinks despite those being his only responsibilities. It was incredibly busy despite the fact that we took the latest reservation at 10pm. Our drinks (an Old Fashioned & Manhattan) were initially served with bar ice which would have quickly melted into our drinks, significantly watering them down. Our tuna tartare was solid. The sea bass was a little dry to the point of being tough/chewy. The lobster tails were not served warm and tasted like leftovers. In all, it felt like we were at an overpriced Friday's or Applebee's. We may come back for lunch but we'll probably pass on the weekend dinner scene.
Seated at 8:20 and did not leave until after 11 pm. Chose Ocean Prime to share exciting news with my wife. We had a series of service mishaps and errors that resulted is a VERY poor experience.
1. Drinks took forever
2. Server saw my wife in tears after I shared our exciting news. I then ordered 2 glasses of Champagne to celebrate. 10 minutes later server came over and said our selection was on ice getting chilled. 5 mins later he came over and said that they did not have the champagne that we offered and he would bring a substitute.
3. Sushi roll was absolutely delicious!
4. Lobster bisque was the best I ever had.
5. Main course took a while because we were really enjoying ourselves.
6. When main course came, we heard the gentleman carrying the tray say “oh my god”. He then scurries out of the room with the tray.
7. 5 mins later a manager came in with an order of colossal shrimp cocktail that we did not order. She said there was an issue with our main course and the chef sent the shrimp to hold us over. Absolutely delicious!
8. 20 mins later my wife’s scallop entree came out and my steak. The person delivering these items said that my sides were on their way. I asked what happened with our first order and she said that there was a spill.
9. 10 mins later I flagged down my main waiter because my side never came. He ran back and reordered them. By the time they arrived, I was already finished with my steak. Luckily my wife shared her risotto with me. BTW, my steak was likely the original steak that was brought out as it was not hot and was not medium. I think it continued to cook as by the time I got it it was more cooked than medium.
10. We ordered dessert and our waiter was intuitive enough to have a chocolate congratulations accent added. Unfortunately it was accidentally given to the table next to us. When our waiter came over, he noticed that we were finished with our cappuccinos with no dessert. He looked mortified and offered to get us a new one.
Great people great vibes food was amazing ! Server was great !
Nice atmosphere, great service & excellent food! A bit pricey but worth it!!
The vibe was really nice.The server was great,and the food was to die for it was and overall great experience😊😊
Too noisy and costly for the food quality and amount
Very good service. Everyone was very polite. Food was cooked to perfection.
I love ocean prime, been there many times… But this day they wasn’t having a good day… They served me bad lobster and I reordered the lobster for a to go order… Got home and the lobster was still no good ! I was very disappointed in them !
A couple things that didn't go as planned from the kitchen but the service more than made up for it. Our server Tash was a true gem. Wonderful service and really made the experience exceptional. Other staff Chris, Christian, and Colon were fantastic as well. Really took care of us and made it a great night!
Food and service are amazing love this place
muy caro y la calidad baja de verdad nos llevamos una muy mala experiencia
Everything was delicious! Waiters were great. Loved it.
Food is excellent! A bit too noisy as there's a big group celebrating a Birthday!
My girlfriend and I had to sit next to a very noisy group. They were very rude to their waiter and caused the first half of our dining experience to be a bad one. Other than that, the food was very tasty and our waiter was very nice too.
Wonderful atmosphere, great staff, excellent service!
The stove went out we were unable to order hot food.. However the waiter and manager went above and beyond for the evening.
Excellent experience. Food was great service was awesome
Excellent atmosphere, food and service. Valet parking is worth the price in the city!
Fab food, great food presentation, amazing decor, and most important...outstanding service....
Wonderful food, staff and experience! Very clean and beautiful establishment.
Excellent bottle of Chardonnay! Great filet and the special, halibut was also good. We got a complimentary dessert due to our anniversary celebration. Lovely night!
You can order delivery directly from Ocean Prime - Philadelphia using the Order Online button. Ocean Prime - Philadelphia also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (215) 563-0163.
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia is rated 4.6 stars by 4259 OpenTable diners.
Ocean Prime - Philadelphia does offer gift cards which you can purchase here http://www.oceanprimegiftcards.com/.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.