Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
NEW OPEN in Little Tokyo
Right in the heart of Little Tokyo, “Kagaya” has established itself a top tier shabu shabu restaurant. Now, the torches have been handed to a new head chef and owner, the next generation to carry the torches of tradition and exquisite flavor, with the new name of TENSHO.
Trained in traditional Japanese cookery, this 23 year veteran chef is on his way to introducing a new wave of Japanese delicacies to the States. As close as you can get to Japan itself, this chef brings his revisioned menu, with patron favorites, and extensive sake list. The desert and a la carte menu is designed by their French trained chef.
The wagyu beef is of A5 rank. The seafood, carefully selected to be of highest quality. Food that is not only delicious but also good for the health.
As our seats are limited for reservation, so even if you see online reservation is full, you may able to make a reservation by phone (+1-213-617-1016).
We want our food dining experience to inspire laughter, conversation, and amazing times! You can't help it - with a personal grill installed at every table, everyone instantly becomes an expert cook. Our friendly staff aspires to lead guests through the dining experience with helpful suggestions. The sounds around you are of parties and laughter - the PERFECT choice for first dates, families, and catching up with friends.
Eigikutei serves Japanese Kaiseki cuisine courses. Each Kaiseki course expresses the traditional Japanese culture and simple but deep tastes that Japan has grown from time immemorial. We hope all of our guests can enjoy our Kaiseki cuisine with Japanese cultural experiences.
#cafebasque #bokarestaurantgroup #thehoxton
Please note that we take every request under consideration, however, we can't guarantee that all requests will always be met.
We offer valet parking Fridays and Saturdays from 6 pm - 2 am and Sundays from 11 am - 6 pm.
Parking structure is available across our venue.
Coastal Italian dishes in a modern industrial space in the heart of the DTLA Arts District.
From fresh made pastas, to sea-to-table dishes, utilizing the freshest seafood from the California coast, our kitchen is at the heart of everything we do. In the middle of our dining room, the flames are ignited from our grill, where steaks, are cooked over an open flame, creating a memorable experience for you and your guests.
- Ccrystalw1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoMy partner and I came to celebrate my birthday and it was such an amazing experience. The service, food, and overall ambiance was perfect. I cannot recommend enough but definitely make a reservation on the weekends.More infoChado Tea Room - DowntownPrice: Moderate• Afternoon Tea• Downtown•4.3
- NnoepLos Angeles •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoOur server was excellent on our anniversary. She gifted us a glass of wine and and bread. She was attentive but not annoying. This is a great place to go. The food is always excellent and they have separate bar and lounge area in case you just want to go hang out.More infoRedbird - Los AngelesPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Downtown•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipLos Angeles •2 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 16, 2023The waitress that helped us out was really attentive, friendly, and professional. The food was Spot on. Although a bit, pricey, the meat selection was just amazing.More infoEigikuteiPrice: Very Expensive• Japanese• Little Tokyo•4.8
- CLCindyLSeattle / Eastern Washington •2 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 11, 2023Quality of the food was good, portion was big, service was 5 stars.More infoTENSHOPrice: Very Expensive• Shabu-shabu• Little Tokyo•4.9
- KSKimSLos Angeles •2 reviews5.0Dined on Aug 20, 2023The omakase experience was amazing! Thank you to the amazing Itamae!More infoSushi Enya - Little TokyoPrice: Very Expensive• Sushi• Downtown•4.6
The LA Times and NY Times have spoken: these are their favorite LA restaurants of 2023
Yangban, Pasjoli, République and others made the cut.
A guide to the supersized drinking and dining experience at DTLA’s new Level 8
This adult playground has an upscale teppanyaki restaurant, a live-fire South American grill, and more.
Discover Little Tokyo
As you might expect, Little Tokyo in Los Angeles is known for its ethnic history and family-owned Japanese eateries. Ramen is an increasingly popular dish in the area that locals and visitors both enjoy. There are plenty of sushi bars in this neighborhood as well. They even have conveyor belt sushi in this neighborhood, which is a fun Japanese experience that lets you choose your sushi as it travels around the restaurant. Japanese cuisine is not the only type of food that you can try in this area; if you’d like more of a fusion meal, try some exceptional tacos that combine the Mexican dish with Japanese flavors.
Frequently asked questions
- Los Angeles State Historic Park
- Doubletree by Hilton Los Angeles Downtown
- Arts District Penthouse
- Museum of The Temporary Contemporary
- Elysian Park
- Dodger Stadium
- Union Station, Los Angeles California
- Prospect Park
- Chinatown, Los Angeles California
- American Hotel
- Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
- Angels Flight Railway
- Little Tokyo Historic District
- Pecan Playground
- Japanese American National Museum
- Joel Bloom Square
- Pecan Recreation Center
- Far East Plaza Shopping Center