Mission Rock Resort restaurant is a dining establishment right on the shores of Mission Bay. Patrons can choose to be seated inside or on the shoreline. Mission Rock Resort serves freshly caught seafood from served in a variety of styles. The Oyster Happy Hour which is from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. sees some of the best drinks served in town starting. The ambience of Mission Rock Resort is relaxed and laid-back. The specials include dishes from Mission Rock's Raw Bar, the grand shellfish platter and the Nasketucket. Other crowd-pleasers include the Dungeness Crab Roll. Mission Rock Resort has space for two private parties at a time. The Crane Cove accommodates 60 people while the Fireside Lounge accommodates 125 people.
Took a group of 8 for business and it was great. Not too loud that you couldn't hear each other. A beautiful view of the water. Recommended.
We have found Mission Rock to be the ideal place to meet our SF friends (we are on the Peninsula). Convenience aside, it enjoys a killer setting and you get your water fix here, with interesting harbor and shipyard views. They have a high quality menu, bar, and selection, and the servers are top notch. We always enjoy our visits, and return frequently.
I have been here twice--once for lunch and once for dinner. Here's what I like:
1. The views are nice if you can sit outside on a nice day. The dry dock does get in the way a bit but given the right table, the views of Oakland, Mt Diablo, the Bay, etc.. far out shadow the ugly dry-dock.
2. They have a great oyster selection. I like to order those from the West Coast and/or local No Cal. Why buy oysters that needed a long plane ride to get here when there are so many local choices.
3. The portions for the apps are generous. The bruschetta and manila clam apps for example could be small meals in themselves.
4. You got to try the bread pudding. Yum!
Here's what has been a little hit or miss:
1. They seem understaffed given the long wait times to order and get served. I must say that my server on the last go round acknowledged this and made it right. But it has been slow both times...
2. Parking can be a bit of a hassle and the area is a bit sketchy at night.
Come here for the view on the upstairs outside patio. The food is fish and chips style fare... Nothing awesome or revolutionary, but nothing beats a glass of white wine over looking the bay on a hot day. Pretty empty during the week but gets busy on the weekend.
We had the best bloody marys ! It packed a punch. Next time i'll have to try the bacon bloody mary. Stuffed french toast with a side of applewood bacon- Yumo! All the wait staff were professional and friendly. Fantastic view!
I was so excited to find this place because it's puppy friendly! We went to celebrate 3 family birthdays. The food was good. But our waitress was a pill. Speaking as a past server myself I expect to get the service I would give. Not only was she unfriendly her face showed her complete displeasure with waiting on us. She tacked on an 18% gratuity to our party of 6, which she didn't deserve! Kinda ruined what could've been a great bday brunch. I won't be back. :(
Awesome spot that I frequent with friends and biz associates . Love the staff and the food is always great.
The quality and quantity of the portions at lunch are consistently excellent. Seasonal creative dishes are carefully crafted. Good beer selection. Service is friendly but professional. Love the fish and chips, small plates and starters.
Its really a great place, but prices seemed to have gone up. $24 for 1/2 roasted chicken is a bit steep. It is a fun, nice place.
Love Mussion Rock ... I was there Friday for lunch and Saturday night for a party! They do it all! Thank you