Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
During the summer season guests can enjoy patio dining accompanied by live music.
Weekend Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Offering one of the best Happy Hours in Birmingham, the $9 Appetizer & $8 Cocktail Menu consists of Sesame Ahi Tuna Tartare, Sweet & Spicy Calamari, Shrimp Tacos, top-shelf spirits and more. (Monday-Friday, 3-6pm)
With large elegant dining rooms, 220 Merrill is the perfect place to host private parties, special events and business conferences.
Awards & Accolades:
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2022
Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" - 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bar for Business Deals"- 2016
Hour Detroit "Best Bartender" - 2016
Open Table Diner's Choice Winner - 2015
Birmingham Pub brings a sophisticated twist to the classic gastropub experience. Our inviting ambiance is casual, yet sexy and quite comfortable with an eclectic mix of luxe touches and urban chic details. Life’s simple pleasures – an after-work cocktail, a perfectly grilled New York strip, and fine wine – are richer, trendier, and exciting at Birmingham Pub. Join us in this high-energy atmosphere where luxury is all about enjoying every moment to its fullest with friends, colleagues, and the people you meet while you’re here.
We are open Tuesday-Thursday from 4 pm to 5 pm for Happy Hour. Only the Happy Hour menu will be available during that hour.
Please note: As of February 14th, 2023, there is a 3% processing fee on all credit card transactions for all dine-in and carry-out orders.
Voted by OpenTable diners as one of the Best Overall Contemporary American Cuisine in Detroit in 2016, you’ve come to the right place!
The Rugby Grille Restaurant located inside Birmingham Michigan’s Townsend Hotel offers a memorable-dining experience. It features beautiful art, intimate tables and a private bar, world-class service and the culinary expertise of our talented team. The menu changes seasonally and features the very best in USDA prime beef, seafood, poultry and salads. The Rugby Grille features monthly events including wine dinners.
The Rugby Grille has been recognized with the following awards: the coveted AAA Four Diamond award, the Forbes Travel Guide "Recommended" rating as well as the very exclusive Wine Spectator "Two Glass Best of Award" of Excellence since 2016.
For breakfast and lunch reservations please go to Cafe Dax to book Monday through Friday
- KHKarenHvipSouthwest Florida •31 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoHad lunch outdoors with a business colleague. The gorgeous weather helped, but the ambience was nice, and the service was terrific. The salmon entree is outstanding!More info220 MerrillPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoI had an amazing dining experience at ZANA, thanks to the outstanding service provided by ANDREEA. She was incredibly attentive, knowledgeable, and made us feel like valued guests throughout my birthday celebration. Her warm and welcoming personality truly enhanced our evening. Your server makes it or breaks it on your special occasions and ANDREEA was a gem, and I highly recommend asking for her. I only wish we were able to stay more than 2 hours at our table otherwise everything was wonderful.More infoZANAPrice: Moderate• American• Birmingham•4.5
- JPJohnnyPDetroit / Eastern Michigan •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoVery nice ambiance, very professional service, unique and tasty offerings, we enjoyed the fresh burrito, Ceasars salads, scallops and filet, spicy mushrooms were a nice touch. The rice dish was right on!More infoMadamPrice: Expensive• Global, International• Birmingham•4.3
- JSJohnSDetroit / Eastern Michigan •15 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoThe selections are well-described. The antipasti and the pasta entrees are surprisingly generous. The seafood is very well-prepared, and the steaks are beyond expectations. The specialty cocktails are also very well prepared and presented. Definitely worth the price.More infoCasa PernoiPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Italian• Birmingham•4.6
- JGJoGiDetroit / Eastern Michigan •3 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe had an amazing experience at Hyde Park! The host greeted us with warmth, the wait staff was friendly and very attentive and the atmosphere was classy. Thee waiter let us create our own cocktail which was AMAZING. The food was excellent and all of the extras just made our dinner unforgettable we will be adding this restaurant to our top 5!More infoHyde Park Prime Steakhouse-Birmingham, MIPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Birmingham•4.5
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
As Detroit rises, its suburbs continue to flourish, and Birmingham is no exception. After a day shopping in Birmingham's boutique shops, you won't have to look hard to find a great place to eat in the city. Birmingham is a boon for authentic Italian cuisine, thanks to its immigrant history. In fact, there are still Italian cafés where you can brush up on your language skills over coffee. Or you can try your hand at the Mediterranean and Indian restaurants, which are popular in the Detroit area. During the Michigan growing season from May through October, Birmingham hosts a farmers' market brimming with local delicacies.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Birmingham is Tallulah Wine Bar and Bistro
- Holiday Inn Express Detroit-Birmingham
- Linden Park
- Sullivan Park
- Amherst Park
- Booth Park
- Pioneer Park
- Saint James Park
- The Corners Shopping Center
- Adams Square Shopping Center
- Eton Park
- Maudlin Park
- Poppleton Park
- The Plaza Picadilly Shopping Center
- Howarth Park
- Birmingham Golf Club
- Crestview Park
- Kroger Retail Center Shopping Center
- Lincoln Hills Golf Course
- Fries Park
- The Townsend Hotel