Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
*Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 2pm
*We do apologize but we do not take reservations for outdoor seating. The patio is sat on a first come first serve basis. Thank you for understanding.
patio. Featuring fresh seafood, raw bar, pizzas and sandwiches, 20 craft beers and cocktails.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, Nathaniel’s transforms into a lounge-like atmosphere, with candles, live piano and acoustic entertainment or ambient music playing from our brass gramophone. Sit beside the baby grand piano, beneath the famed author’s portrait, or in front of the historical culinary tribute cabinet and you will find there is a reason our guests have loved Nathaniel’s Restaurant for decades.
Our Tavern restaurant offers a comfortable pub style atmosphere, with our toasty fireplace and warm ambience, you can't help but sink into our comfy arm chairs, while sipping a hot toddy!
Join us to experience our Executive Chef, Vanessa Still's, fantastic menu!
- OTOpenTable DinerGreater Boston •2 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 18, 2023The food was great as usual. But what made our experience so great was our server, PJ!!More infoFinz SalemPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Salem•4.5
- ALAnaLuisavipNew York / Tri-State Area •3 reviews4.0Dined on Sep 18, 2023The Roof at Hotel Salem is a very laidback rooftop environment where you can enjoy fancy drinks with your partner, your family or your friends. It is a fairly calm setting, which made it a perfect place to sit down after a 2-hour walking tour of Salem. It was a great way to see the skyline of Downtown Salem and people watch.More infoHotel Salem - The RoofPrice: Moderate• Tex-Mex• Salem•4.3
- TTinaGreater Boston •34 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 12, 2023Great date night spot, great people watching as it's in the downtown area. Would love to see what October brings to the business as it was very slow night. The margaritas was yummy as was the crispy chicken tacos offered that night. Will definitely be back on another night to see how the vibe, crowd will be.More infoRivalry Sports Lounge and KitchenPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Salem•4.3
- SSpeciallunchGreater Boston •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very nice ambience. Was a bit disappointed in the seafood chowder but rest of meal was very nice. Service a bit slow but understandably so.More infoHawthorne Hotel DiningPrice: Moderate• American• Salem•4.4
- THTomHvipGreater Boston •27 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Brunch at Ledger, as always excellent! I strayed from the usual three dishes I alternate between and ordered the pastrami has with sunny side up eggs. It was delicious. The service was attentive, friendly and professional. Ledger never disappoints!More infoLedger Restaurant & BarPrice: Expensive• American• Salem•4.8
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Bon Appétit’s eagerly anticipated 2023 Best New Restaurants list is here
BA has anointed 24 new restaurants among its 2023 class of Best New Restaurants across the country.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Boston right now
Boston’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston & New England
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Where to drink in Boston right now
Boston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Boston’s best outdoor dining
Boston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Boston & New England
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 14 top Boston restaurants
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. Book a table at one of these top 14 restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
The 22 greatest restaurants around Boston
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Boston dining right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
These are Boston’s 9 Best Burgers to Try Now
Even with the wealth of cuisines in the Boston area, sometimes you just need a burger. Whether you crave it pared-back and classic, piled high with luxe ingredients like foie gras, or — wait for it — vegan, at these nine restaurants you’ll find a whole bevy of beautiful burgers.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Boston
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
The historic city of Salem is a great place to find a bite to eat. A coastal city with a downtown that is cradled by the ocean, Salem's food scene starts with a multitude of fresh seafood options. Enjoy raw oysters, sushi, or lobster rolls while you look out over the water. Of course, you can always warm up with a big bowl of New England clam chowder. There are also plenty of quaint bistros and fun gastropubs to choose from. If you're looking for something a little more exotic, head to an American fusion restaurant or an authentic international restaurant.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 26, 2023 there are 11 restaurants in Salem (Massachusetts). Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Seafood, Tex-Mex, Contemporary American, Italian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Salem (Massachusetts) who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Salem (Massachusetts) either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- The House of The Seven Gables
- Bertram Field
- House of Seven Gables Historic District
- Salem Witch Museum
- East India Mall Shopping Center
- Chestnut Street District
- Essex Institute Museum Building
- Essex Institute Historic District
- Forest River Park
- Salem Harbor
- Essex Street Pedestrian Mall
- Salem Maritime Museum
- Highland Park
- Spellbound Museum
- Essex Institute Museum Historical
- Hawthorne Hotel
- East India Square Fountain
- Pickering Wharf
- Highlander Plaza Shopping Center
- Salem Maritime National Historic Site