The service was unpleasant- waitress seemed very unhappy and did not want to be there. Food was cold and not worth the money at all- a stack of three pancakes is $20?! There liquor license was taken away and we would have liked to be notified before making a trip out there for brunch. Will not be returning and would not recommend.
We won't be back. Our waitress never brought us water or coffee refills (and she was very annoyed when we asked for knives, which were not at the table when we arrived). The food was ok, but not remarkable. The bathrooms were pretty bad -- none of the stall doors in the ladies' room had locks. Overall, it was a disappointing experience.
Never disappointed with food and service. Cape Fear Scallops and fried green tomato are always on our table. My family's favorite
Not good. let me count the ways
1. Champagne bottle NOT iced but in one of those wine cooler cylinders
2. No smile or pleasantness from "hostess" at arrival-and it wasn't crowded so the excuse can't be busy
3. Paper covers on a white table cloth dining room. There were no hard crabs on menu!
4. Crab and spinach dip -where was the crab? It was more of a spinach dip. When we asked the server-also not very friendly-if some crabmeat could be added-No. Not an ounce of effort to ask the chef
5. Fried catfish fingers were good but nothing special.
6. Lighting was harsh for a dining room. No real ambiance. Maybe that's why, for a Saturday night there was a sprinkling of diners
7. Entrees OK - not worth description
8 Dessert good - creme brulee and a root beer float
9. Had to ask server not to open champagne until meals arrived. We were still drinking our cocktails.
10. Moderate to expensive menu. I'd rather pay more and get better service and food. One of the few times I only left a 10% tip-and I was hard pressed to do even that!.
Tonight was a birthday dinner and the staff was awesome as always. We were seated quickly and in the requested area with no problems. Our waitress was very welcoming, inviting and informative in regards to the specials, ingredients and drink choices. The bar area had a gentle but slightly energetic cacophony. It never reached a level where my partner and I couldn't hear one another. I'll be back again soon.
Everything is always wonderful and food is excellant
Great southern cuisine...best shrimp & grits and fried green tomatoes in the city!
After hearing great things, I had Mother's Day dinner at Langermann's with my adult daughter. The menu had lots of yummy options without being overwhelming. We shared the fried green tomatoes and the tuna and crab tartar, and for our main course I had the shrimp and grits and she had the cobb salad. both were delicious and filling; my leftovers held up great for a reheated work day lunch. We each took desserts home for ourselves and our SOs; I can't speak for the others but my chocolate mousse was terrific!
We expected it to be somewhat crowded for Mother's Day, and it was, so we weren't too surprised by the slow but polite service. We were kind of off to the side, near the bar, which left a lot to be desired as far as ambiance, but the food was really good so we were pretty happy. I think we would both definitely go back, but probably not on a holiday!
The food was delicious - very enjoyable! The cornbread was delicious. The pork chop was tender the sauce was good, the vegetables were good. All the food was good!
Not a big fan of the food. Service was excellent.