- SNStephanieNChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoAlways a great time. Two recommended improvements; the faux boxwoods stink! There is a strong smell to them and if you are sitting in a booth it is not a good smell. The chef should enhance the plating of the burger. This is a restaurant where ladies lunch. A double Patty is kinda gross on a standard white plate. Not so visually appealing. You can do better. Even putting it on the wooden board like the steak sandwich would be betterMore infoRH Rooftop Restaurant Oak BrookPrice: Very Expensive• American• Oak Brook•4.5
- CCraigNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoCame in for a late dinner with a friend. Sat at the bar and enjoyed our meal. Staff very hospitable and personal. Great service overall. Location is great right in center of downtown Elmhurst. Would recommend.More info100 South Chop House & GrillPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Elmhurst•4.5
- SSSheilaSCentral Kentucky •15 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 20, 2023The staff was very knowledgeable about available options to meet my gluten and dairy allergens. Food was amazing, service was excellent, and the drinks were delicious. Our group had a great time.More infoFrancesca's AmiciPrice: Moderate• Italian• Elmhurst•4.3
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •3 reviews4.0Dined on Apr 22, 2023Had a great evening. Food is good margaritas were exceptional.More infoGuac N TacosPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Elmhurst•4.5
- CSCyndiSAChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Our first time at Violi, not our last. Our server Ashley was Fantastic- she explained in detail different items on the menu. Everything we ordered was delicious. The space is gorgeous- great addition to Oakbrook!More infoVIOLIPrice: Moderate• Greek• Oakbrook Terrace•4.5
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
4 dishes to try at Chicago’s River North Mexican gem Tzuco
Famed chef Carlos Gaytán’s restaurant just turned four and it’s the perfect excuse to go to this Chicago restaurant spotlighting Mexican regional cooking.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Located about 20 miles west of Chicago, Elmhurst is an adorable little city with a small-town feel. The slogan "Close to Everything, Unlike Anything" is accurate because the streets are full of unique small businesses serving up all kinds of delicious fare. Small diners and cafes are everywhere containing everything from classic omelets to giant apple pancakes for breakfast. For lunch, you can take your pick from several family-owned sandwich spots serving freshly baked bread and modern twists on staples like tuna salad and BLTs. Get a little adventurous for dinner with some of the modern fusion restaurants offering original dishes like pear-glazed salmon and marinated baby clams. For dessert, try one of the many bakeries or ice cream shops dotting the downtown area.
Frequently asked questions
As of October 2, 2023 there are 5 restaurants in Elmhurst. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, Steakhouse, Mexican and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Elmhurst who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Elmhurst either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Thatcher Woods Shopping Center
- Founders Common
- Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
- Seymour Simon Preserve
- Wilder Park
- Best Western Plus O'hare International South Hotel
- Pioneer Park
- Joswe's Guesthouse
- Washington Park
- Pluckett Park
- Langhorst Field
- Cricket Creek County Forest Preserve
- Salt Creek Park
- Elmhurst Crossing Shopping Center
- Berens Park
- Elmhurst Salt Creek County Forest Preserve
- SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
- York Commons Park
- Marjorie Davis Park
- Indian Boundary Golf Course