Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Look after yourself
Look after the environment
Look after your community
Everything we do at Base aims at honoring these principles while creating food that is creative, simple and delicious and we have a lot of fun while doing it. And really, isn’t that what it’s all about?
Join us for a quick in and out or take your time, lunch or dinner and enjoy some of the best specials in town.
To insure quality, all items are made to order. We accommodate all special diets.
Our daily specials include fresh fish (flown in daily) such as Alaskan halibut, Atlantic salmon, trout, red snapper, etc. From poultry and meats, roasted duck, rack of lamb, veal chop and more.
Our happy hour is first come first serve, no reservations accepted unless you have a party of 6 or more. Please contact the restaurant directly.
We come from street beginnings, with off the cuff new wave riffs, and somewhat xperimental Mexican cuisine.
Finding common threads through food, time, and place we bringing inspirations from our childhoods, the southwest, and shared cultures to the plate.
Inspired by tradition and driven with creative intention we are authentically us and genuinely yours - Always
Chef Lawrence Smith
Experience Highball, Downtown Phoenix’s newest neighborhood cocktail bar and lounge, featuring a rousing collection of spirits and invigorating cocktails. Curated for the adventurous, cocktail forward and late-night revelers, industry folk, and everyone in between. The space features a beautiful copper bar, deep leather couches, exposed historic brick with touches of velvet & vintage wrought iron. Led by veteran bartenders and industry professionals, Highball’s programming is inspired by unifying avant-garde, playful ingredients and memory-jogging flavors, propelled by an inclusive community feel with something for everyone to enjoy.
Winner of Phoenix Magazine's Best of the Valley 2021 "Best New Cocktail Bar" & Phoenix New Time's Best of Phoenix 2021 "Best New Bar"
Reservations are only available for the basement bar. Please reference the Basement Bar Menu. Above BARCOA, check out the Cantina, a casual back-alley mezcal and tequila bar that serves affordable classic cantina cocktails, and the cheery patio, which features Provecho taco truck. Pop out anytime during your visit and bring food down to the basement.
BARCOA can be tricky to find. We're located on the southeast corner of 1st Avenue & Roosevelt, in the historic red brick building. Don't worry, you're not lost. It's just poor directional signage that the City refuses to fix.
- BDBigDavevipDenver / Colorado •23 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoOur server was amazing! The $85 ribeye wasn’t an $85 steak, but it was delicious. The appetizers were all very nice, the green beans that accompanied the steak were superb! I tried the pork chop that my friend ordered and it was probably the best pork chop I’ve ever had! Ever! I didn’t mind sitting on the patio, but for $400 for 4 people I didn’t care for the picnic tables and bench seating. I would have expected tables and chairs at their price point. But overall it was most excellent and I’m looking forward to returning.More infoOcotilloPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Downtown Phoenix•4.5
- DHDanielHvipOrlando / Central Florida East •17 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoI was sad the pork parmigiana is off the menu - but it did force me to finally try something else. We had the Caesar, pork and veal meatballs, pork belly with the beans, Italian fries and the rigatoni. Everything was incredibly delicious as always. Drinks were tasty. Our server Eric was really great and made some great recommendations- I still didn’t make it to dessert!!!! I’ll have to take one home some time.More infoMora ItalianPrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary Italian• North Central Phoenix•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipDallas - Fort Worth •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great time, our server was attentive and knowledgeable.More infoWren & WolfPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Downtown Phoenix•4.7
- RSRosemarySPhoenix / Arizona •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The staff were polite and attentive. The food was excellent. My only complaint was the noise level caused difficulty hearing my spouse.More infoThe Henry - PhoenixPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Central Phoenix•4.8
- AAzurvipPhoenix / Arizona •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Fun atmosphere, wide menu, loved the customizable charcuterie board. Service was attentive and friendly.More infoCulinary Dropout at the Yard - PhoenixPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• North Central Phoenix•4.6
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Phoenix
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in Phoenix
Urban sophistication and natural beauty make Phoenix ripe for romance. The city’s best date-night restaurants are experts at setting the stage for love whether it’s an easygoing evening or a once-in-a-lifetime occasion. White Louis XVI chairs and glittering chandeliers make a proposal-worthy backdrop at a stunner in Old Town Scottsdale. A modern brasserie in North Scottsdale draws couples for spirited sommelier competitions. This striking Sonoran metropolis is filled with places to celebrate your sweetheart. Read on for a guide to Phoenix’s 9 most romantic restaurants to book now.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in Phoenix
Despite triple-digit temperatures, summer is anything but slow in Phoenix. And the folks behind these six new dining and drinking establishments, where locals have been turning up with much enthusiasm, would agree. Get a respite from the heat at a fancy cocktail lounge in Old Town Scottsdale and cool off with refreshing salads at a pizzeria downtown. Or go the other extreme and embrace the fire—a new sushi and izakaya joint specializes in skewers cooked over Japanese charcoal, while a modern Indian restaurant dials up the spices on its lamb chops and seafood curries. These are Phoenix’s four best restaurants to book right now.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Phoenix
You’re meeting an old buddy for a sidecar. Or grabbing an after-work Manhattan with your boss. Or maybe your sister needs to bend your ear over a chilled pinot. Here’s the good news: Phoenix and its surrounding cities are bursting with great bars and cocktail lounges, suited for a range of hangouts. Here are 9 of the best for your consideration.
The Top 10 Spots for Outdoor Dining in Phoenix
Eating outdoors in the often-sultry desert isn’t just an option—it’s a pleasure. In Phoenix, many restaurateurs have ushered al fresco dining to cool new heights. Savor locally inspired plates with a view of the McDowell Mountains or sip sangria amongst the palms. Here are the city’s best restaurants for dining outside.
Phoenix’s 11 Greatest Restaurants
The Valley of the Sun is fast becoming a sought-after dining destination. People once came to the Sonoran Desert looking for saguaros and sunshine; today, they’re just as likely to be scouting out the perfect spare rib hoagie or sticky buns from a certain resort restaurant. Here is a microcosm of the Valley’s resilient and imaginative spirit— the best and beloved lunch and dinner spots in Phoenix and its surrounding cities.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Phoenix
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Even the most unique palates can easily be satisfied with the incredible restaurant choices available in the Phoenix area. Mexican and Southwestern favorites, such as burritos, chicken enchiladas or ground beef tacos, paired with fresh salsa and margaritas, are popular at dozens of local venues. Greek wraps, falafel, and other cultural favorites are also options to consider for lunch or dinner. The diverse range of ethnic food in Phoenix continues with choices that include Ethiopian restaurants, contemporary pizza shops, authentic Italian bistros, and delicious Chinese restaurants. From fast food to high-end steakhouses, there is no limit to Phoenix's culinary options.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging