Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located on the second floor of Hotel State College, an iconic corner of hospitality in the community, the Grill has offered the community and alumni one of the grandest views of town and Penn State through floor-to-ceiling windows for more than 40 years. Thoughtfully restored and reimagined by new owners, Chef Karen Nicolas and the team set out to re-establish the Allen Street Grill as the epicenter of the downtown dining scene with a focus on local, quality ingredients and great hospitality.
Enjoy a freshly prepared meal or one of our signature cocktails in our spacious dinning room & bar area, or on our patio! Reservations are strongly suggested.
Bringing a taste of the Old World to downtown Wilkes-Barre, Cafe Toscana is located at One Public Square in downtown Wilkes-Barre.
Our recipes are tried and true family favorites that represent the best that Tuscany and the surrounding region has to offer.
Cafe Toscana’s Northern Italian cuisine is light and delicate and allows the individual flavors to come through. We feature an array of tried and true family favorites, including veal, pasta, risotto, fish, steak and seafood, with a variety of specials to keep the menu always fresh and exciting. There are also an abundant asortment of homemade desserts on the menu.
A new and greatly expanded wine list gives customers plenty of choices for every dish and every palette.
After many years of serving the perfect American breakfast, The Original Waffle Shop's founder John Dimakopoulos brings his traditional Greek cuisine to you!
From fresh and abundant vegetables to the most succulent kebabs, each dish has been perfected to showcase genuine Greek flavors.
- CCajunmanNew York / Tri-State Area •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe go to Gigi’s quite often and last night we celebrated my wife’s birthday. The service was good as always, and we tried one of the specials that they had for the evening. The crawfish and grits with chicken was excellent.More infoGigi's Southern TablePrice: Moderate• Southern• State College•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoEnjoy ed the atmosphere and our Server Claire was amazing. We are making plans for another visit.More infoThe Melting Pot - HarrisburgPrice: Moderate• American• Harrisburg•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerWashington, D.C. Area •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoHad a wonderful dinner in a very pleasant room with outstanding food — our group of 5 had swordfish and filets (3) cooked perfectly and short ribs. We were celebrating our December birthdays in our family —- even the table had happy birthday confetti. This is a great place to get together with family and friends to celebrate.More infoThe Farmhouse at Turkey Hill (NOT Turkey Hill Brewing Co.)Price: Expensive• Continental• Bloomsburg•5
- DDanaNew York / Tri-State Area •18 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoMy husband and I had a wonderful meal at ASG this past Friday. Our server was amazing. He was extremely attentive and so nice. The food was to die for. We started with the sweet potato soup - it was served with wild rice arancini balls - OMG! They took the soup to another level. My husband ordered the seafood risotto - the risotto was cooked to perfection and there was an extremely generous amount of seafood - each with different textures - all cooked to perfection and oh so delicious. I had the chicken. This was not your average chicken dish. It was an experience. The presentation, taste and texture was incredible. For dessert we shared the chocolate tres leche dessert. It was a piece of chocolate tres cake with sweet cream on a bed of freshly made caramel accompanied by a generous dollop of slightly spicy chocolate mousse. Talk about a piece of heaven on a plate…If you are looking for an amazing meal, generous (and delicious) cocktails, excellent service and an awesome view of College Ave then look no further - ASG is your place. Thank you for an amazing meal! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Happy Valley.More infoAllen Street GrillPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• State College•4.8
- SSScottSPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •6 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023It’s always a delight to eat at the front Street station.More infoFront Street Station a Railroad EateryPrice: Moderate• Grill• Northumberland•3.8
4 new restaurants making a splash in Philadelphia right now
Philadelphia’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia & New Jersey
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia & New Jersey
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Where to find Philadelphia’s best outdoor dining
Philadelphia’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Philadelphia
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
17 restaurants that define Philadelphia dining
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Philadelphia dining right now.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Philadelphia
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
10 romantic restaurants in Philadelphia for every kind of date
Whether you want to woo your Valentine with fussy French food or share a plate of fried chicken at a gastropub, Philadelphia’s most romantic restaurants can vastly improve Cupid’s aim this February. For some, sparks will fly over vegan snacks and zippy cocktails at a dimly lit Center City bar. At an Italian institution in East Passyunk, live opera performances draw couples who prefer more epic celebrations. Others may opt for a nostalgic evening at a retro steakhouse just over the Ben Franklin Bridge. Treat yourself and your date to a swoon-worthy meal. Read on for a guide to Philadelphia’s 10 top date-night restaurants.
12 of Philadelphia’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Maybe you got engaged on the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art or just picked up the keys to your first rowhouse. It could be that your kid is (finally) toilet trained, or that your noisy neighbor moved away. Sometimes, simply surviving another Tuesday can be an occasion to celebrate over a restaurant meal. It doesn’t have to be fancy. What makes an occasion special isn’t an arbitrary date on the calendar—it’s the decision to celebrate. Luckily, Philadelphia bursts with places where the food and atmosphere lend themselves to living it up. Grab dinner and a jazz show at a swinging North Broad Street faithful. Opt for a quieter night at a critically acclaimed, plant-based gem in Midtown Village. Or splurge on a swanky steakhouse that presides over a corner of Rittenhouse Park. Whether you’re after an intimate spot for an anniversary date or a convivial atmosphere for a boisterous reunion, Philadelphia has you covered with these 12 celebration-worthy restaurants.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s bar scene pulses with the same eclectic energy that defines its restaurants. In every neighborhood, you’ll find spots that reflect the people who live, work, and drink there. Some embrace the city’s signature blue collar ethos while others offer glamorous settings—and even higher-end spirits. Many are attached to restaurant kitchens that turn out the kind of top-notch food that put Philadelphia on the culinary map. The city’s drinking dens have you covered, whether your tastes skew classic or trendy, whiskey or vodka, domestic or imported. Grab a friend—plus a barstool—and explore this town by way of its best watering holes.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Philadelphia & New Jersey
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
10 Top Burger Picks in Philadelphia and New Jersey
The genesis of the beef-on-bun combo known as the hamburger might be forever shrouded in mystery — there are at least six different people that claim to be responsible for its invention — but regardless of who came up with the burger, its appeal is undeniable. Throughout Philadelphia and New Jersey, burger options abound, from pared-down smashburgers topped with a simple combo of lettuce, tomato and onion, to patties finished with bacon and eggs designed for brunch-time enjoyment. Up and down the New Jersey coastline and into Philadelphia, these are the spots serving can’t-miss burgers.
Discover Trending Restaurants in Philadelphia
Find the best trendy Restaurants in Central Pennsylvania on OpenTable. See all best list of trendy Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover Central Pennsylvania
Central Pennsylvania features a wide range of fabulous eateries for those who live in the area as well as those passing through. They also have a few wineries you may want to explore. If you're into the sustainable food movement with a focus on local ingredients, you'll find several restaurants that deliver farm-to-fork seasonal menus. The cuisine is a perfect blend of regional and global flavors, with dishes featuring ingredients grown and produced locally. Several Italian eateries dish out favorites like ravioli, chicken marsala, homemade pasta, Italian wines and cocktails, and espresso and dessert. Whether you're looking for all-day breakfast, comfort foods like burgers and sides, or upscale Mediterranean fare, you'll find it in central Pennsylvania.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging