Make a free reservation
Book for lunch today in Boston
New restaurants to OpenTable in Boston
Outdoor dining in Boston
See what locals rave about in Boston
- LLoraineWashington, D.C. Area •7 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFood and cocktails were amazing! And the service was even better. Love the music and ambience. It’s a beautiful space!More infoButtermilk & Bourbon$$$$• Southern• Back Bay•4.7
- JLJoeL1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoOur team of servers were exceptional. They were polite, pleasant and made great suggestions. Mia was amazing and the food was incredible. Chef Sisca made it a memorable experience for our party- would highly recommend!More infoThe Banks Fish House$$$$• Seafood• Back Bay•4.4
- NNNoooooNickname123Boston / New England •3 reviews5.0Dined on May 27, 2023Service was excellent. We ate in the back bay was a person with mobility issues and they were amazingly accommodating. The food quality was amazing. Server was friendly and helpful. Will definitely go there againMore infoThe Capital Burger - Boston$$$$• Burgers• Back Bay•4.5
- SScoopvipBoston / New England •75 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023There were two of us. We shared a Caesar salad. Haddock encrusted with crab And the Bouillabaisse Both delicious! Wine No deserts this time. This was probably our 15th time dining here. The food is always fresh and delicious. Service always spot on. Never disappoints.More infoAtlantic Fish$$$$• Seafood• Back Bay•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipBoston / New England •15 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023I’m a (very) long time Joe’s customer. I had New Year’s Day brunch with my newlywed daughter & son-in-law who need gluten/free. Our server was wonderful on such a busy day! Food delicious, as usual. The salmon is always a favorite of ours. Added note: The kitchen is very careful about GF prep & the manager brings the GF orders to the table. P.S. Joe’s servers & managers are awesome.More infoJoe’s On Newbury$$$$• American• Back Bay•4.6
Restaurant experiences trending in Boston
Discover more great restaurants
12 rooftop restaurants with the most dazzling views in the U.S.
Devour blazing sunset views from an Asian and Peruvian spot in Miami or sip on craft cocktails at a hotel lounge in San Francisco at the U.S.’s best rooftop restaurants.
13 rollicking drag brunches that represent the best of America
A bollywood-themed drag brunch, a historic Miami celebrity haunt, an outdoor destination in sunny California, and more.
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Boston
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Boston & New England
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Where to drink in Boston right now
Boston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
The 22 greatest restaurants around Boston
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Boston dining right now.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Boston
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
Where to find Boston’s best outdoor dining
Boston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 14 top Boston restaurants
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. Book a table at one of these top 14 restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
5 Must-Book Restaurants in Boston Right Now
Whether you’re on the hunt for pub grub or the best of international cuisine without the cost of airfare, Boston’s newest—and reopened—restaurants have it all. These five spots, which include the city’s first Yemeni restaurant and one of its largest patios, are the hottest places to dine in Boston right now.
These are Boston’s 9 Best Burgers to Try Now
Even with the wealth of cuisines in the Boston area, sometimes you just need a burger. Whether you crave it pared-back and classic, piled high with luxe ingredients like foie gras, or — wait for it — vegan, at these nine restaurants you’ll find a whole bevy of beautiful burgers.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston & New England
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Boston
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Boston offers a patchwork of cultures and boasts one of the best and most eclectic restaurant scenes in the country. From the South End’s ethnic mom-and-pops to The Theater District’s fine-dining, delicious possibilities abound. Seafood restaurants populate every corner of the city, and each offers their own spin on Boston’s iconic clam chowder. Crumble in some oyster crackers and scrape the bottom of your bowl because it’s almost time for the lobster. Be sure not to skimp on the warm butter. How about some Italian? Explore the narrow streets of Boston’s North End. This vibrant neighborhood is home to dozens of family-owned eateries serving authentic Italian-American food. Regardless of your budget, you’ll find something in Boston to satisfy any culinary whim.
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Boston Financial District
- Boston North End
- Boston South End
- Boston Theater District
- Downtown Crossing Boston
- East Boston
- Faneuil Hall
- Fort Point Channel
- Harvard Square
- Jamaica Plain
- Kendall Square
- Leather District
- Logan Airport
- Mission Hill
- Neponset Circle
- South Boston
- West End
Dining around Boston Hot Spots
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Boston. Our customers recommend Abe & Louie’s - Boston, Atlantic Fish and Grill 23 & Bar
As of June 5, 2023 there are 562 restaurants in Boston. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Boston who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Boston either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.