South Suburbs Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Book for late dinner in South Suburbs
New restaurants to OpenTable in South Suburbs
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in South Suburbs
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We are still committed to the art of Cajun/Creole cooking & maintaining our status as the first and longest-running Cajun/Creole restaurant in Chicagoland. We are featuring a menu of our signature dishes including our Hickory Buttered BBQ Shrimp, Country Gumbo, Jambalaya, Crawfish Étouffée, and many more! We have boutique wines on draft, signature hand crafted cocktails, and an impressive craft beer list. Our hand crafted, premium cocktail menu highlights the very best of our repertoire. We look forward to hosting you & providing you with all the comforts of New Orleans, just a little closer to home.
With a long standing tradition of bringing quality Southern Italian cuisine to the south side of Chicago, The Greco family is well known for their classic dishes as well as always having exciting, eye-catching, and taste-bud tantlizing specials.
Since 1975, the Greco Family has always been a name synonymous with Fine Italian dining and Sorriso Ristorante continues this tradition of quality and comfort.
Please Call us at 773-881-4100 for Parties larger than 4 and we will help accommodate your group.
Outdoor dining in South Suburbs
See what locals rave about in South Suburbs
- SSteve1 review4.0Dined 1 day agoGood food and great service. Spent $200+ on a party of 4.More infoThe Barrel Club$$$$• American• Oak Lawn•4.6
- LBLisaBChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe went for our 40th wedding anniversary. The restaurant is beautiful, the wait staff is very accommendating and the food is very good.More infoBella Mia$$$$• Italian• Midlothian•4.7
- MDMariaDChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThis evening I dined at Primal Cut Steakhouse for the first time and I was totally impressed! I read the reviews on Yelp and decided to try them out. The hostess greeted me and my mom, who is 93 years old, at the door and helped my mom to the table which was so kind and thoughtful. After we were seated, our waiter, Joel introduced himself and offered suggestions from the drink and appetizer menu, then gave us time to decide. We decided on the sausage stuffed mushrooms and fried green tomatoes which were delicious. Next, we ordered the Ribeye with mashed potatoes and sea scallops with lobster risotto which were both amazing. The portions were generous, so we had tasty leftovers for tomorrow’s dinner. Joel was very attentive and eager to please which we appreciated. I’m so glad we discovered this hidden gem. We will definitely return soon to try out other items on the menu. Primal Cut Steakhouse is top notch! Excellent food and great service!More infoPrimal Cut Steakhouse$$$$• Steakhouse• Tinley Park•4.6
- JNJaniceNSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always a good meal at Cooper's Hawk. So many excellent choices. The wait staff and hostess were professional and friendly. Helpful and patient with my elderly mother. Did not feel as if we were being rushed. Pleasurable experience all around.More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Orland Park$$$$• American• Orland Park•4.6
- TRToniRvipChicago / Illinois •20 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We wanted to celebrate New Year’s Day with something special and Cooper’s Hawk was perfect. We’re wine club members so we began with a tasting then lunch afterwards. Everything was greatMore infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn$$$$• American• Oak Lawn•4.5
Award winning restaurants in South Suburbs
Restaurant experiences trending in South Suburbs
Discover more great restaurants
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Choose from a James Beard Award-winner led American restaurant in the Willis Tower or an easy breezy Northern Californian spot in the West Loop.
12 rooftop restaurants with the most dazzling views in the U.S.
Devour blazing sunset views from an Asian and Peruvian spot in Miami or sip on craft cocktails at a hotel lounge in San Francisco at the U.S.’s best rooftop restaurants.
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in South Suburbs
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
6 Must-Book Restaurants in Chicago Right Now
It’s never a bad time to introduce a fresh crop of restaurants to your tried-and-tested repertoire. Here are a dozen new contenders across the Windy City—places you’ll tell all your friends about, whether it’s a farm-to-table favorite returning after a two-year hiatus or a chic gem in a brand-new hotel.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Discover South Suburbs
The south suburbs region of Chicago features a wide variety of different types of restaurants that please all palates. Fine dining is available throughout the south suburbs as there are numerous establishments where you can order an elegant meal. However, real "Chicago" food is most prevalent at the countless locally owned eateries, many of which have been open for decades. This applies to international food of all types, especially Chinese and Italian restaurants that focus on classic deep-dish Chicago pizza. Traditional smokehouse barbecue is also abundant on the south side of town, along with other kinds of soul food. Establishments that serve this fare are interspersed among the many local pub-and-grill combo restaurants and national-chain franchises.
South Suburbs Neighborhoods
Dining around South Suburbs Hot Spots
Stadium or Arena
Underground railway station
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in South Suburbs include Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn, The Barrel Club and Dancing Marlin
Restaurants with gluten-free options in South Suburbs are Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn, The Barrel Club and Palermo's 95th Fine Italian Cuisine
Bottomless brunch in South Suburbs is available at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn, The Barrel Club and Dancing Marlin
The most romantic restaurant in South Suburbs is Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn
Restaurants in South Suburbs with a great view include Franconello Italian Restaurant, Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Oak Lawn and The Barrel Club