Great girls night out!
Food was adequate. Problem was multiple mistakes on order. Heard other tables complaining about the same thing. Communication with the waitress and kitchen seemed bad.
Good food and service. My husband and I eat there frequently. We will be going back.
Unfortunately we experienced the same exact misfortune after convincing my husband to return after 2 years . It started off great then deteriorated from there . We both ordered NY steaks , his med rare and mine med. Then the server brought me prime rib instead ! Waitress had pushed the wrong button ! By the time my steak done it was rare and had to go back again . This time it returned after my husband was done eating !We took it all home in a box . Same exact thing happened last time . Unreal !!
Black Angus pulled basically a legal "bait & switch" us with a coupon they sent out a week before Valentines Day, but then didn't honor on Valentine's Day. So we ended up leaving and feeling like suckers. The coupon had "Valentine's Day" in the add, and the word "early", so it prompted me to make reservations, but when you read it closely, it was advertising an early Valentines Day special for the weekend before Valentine's Day, not the day of. I spoke to the manager and they would not honor it. She said they had been turning down people all night and couldn't make an exception for us. Obviously we weren't the only ones that fell for this. They lost a long time customer and I will never frequent their establishment again. If I am going to pay full price, I will eat at Cattleman's or Texas Road house. You blew it Black Angus! You obviously know nothing about customer service.
Food was great and so was the service
I usually have prime rib but decided to get filet for a change. It was more like top sirloin and not much flavor. I’ll stick with prime rib in the future - it’s usually good.
One thing I didn’t like is the seating for 4. They gave us a small table not a booth.
The food was prepared perfectly
It was decent, but for the price it was not good. The steaks/food is better at outback or Texas Roadhouse for cheaper. I went here 10 years ago and it was great. Just seems dated now.
Had Valentine dinner, restaurant was busy, staffing was appropriate and the service was excellent despite the huge volume of customers. The restaurant is well managed and the food arrived quickly and was excellent.
I still miss the grilled chicken wings appetizer. Please bring those back.c
I've always enjoyed the food and service at Black Angus - they never fail to deliver.
Our server Megan was awesome, food was good but my steak was a bit over cooked for medium rare. Always a good value with the Campfire Feast.
Not only was the food excellent, our waiter was outstanding. He was efficient and very accommodating!
The service was good and the food was delicious! We were there for a bite before a meeting and also celebrated a friend's birthday - they took care of us a sang a little song for our friend too. The steak was very well prepared and the lobster tails were delicious, as well.
Great food. Servers are awesome...very attentive and friendly.
Dereck did a great job. We would certainly ask for him another time. The only problem we would address is our table assignment. It was right outside the kitchen across from the small booths for two. This has got to be the busiest place in the restaurant. It was like dining in the middle of market street in sanfrancisco. Hopefully we won't get seated on this aisle again.
The men loved their steaks, cooked to perfection, but my chicken was dry and over-cooked. The place was packed to glad we made a reservation. When the house is slammed I know the staff is at full run, including the cooks. I know everyone did their very best they could and, it was still so so 4 me.
The chef was heavy handed on using salt. I'm on low salt diet so I really noticed it. Everyone else in my party also commented on heavy salt use. The waitress was fantastic. Checked on us and took care of us.
The staff you have at your entrance are too young to be there. They were not brought up with manners to greet customers. I don't appreciate checking in and the first words out of the host mouth are "yea". No good evening, how may I help you or anything. A couple of other seaters would come up and the talk they had among themselves was not professional.
Food was good, just wished that the waitress came to check with us if we wanted something else like ketchup or other sauce. By the time she came to ask us, we were already done with dinner.
Usually much better quality steak cut. Disappointing- but we have eaten here 30+ times and never before had a bad meal. Did not complain - guess the law of averages caught up. Tonight’s service was very good.
Great steakhouse with lots of great choices. Salad arrived cold with plenty of time before entree. No rushing relaxed atmosphere.
Let me start out by saying part of our dinner was comped. I spoke to the manager but I just feel I wasn't taken care of.
1. I had mentioned to the waiter it was my birthday. We got seated fairly quickly because I made the reservation on open table. There was a huge crowd in the lobby so I was glad to make reservations. We made it to our table and waited.... and waited for about 5 minutes then we were greeted by our waiter. We knew we wanted to enjoy the campfire feast and black Angus had sent me a coupon for it. (AWESOME) So we started our order easy ordered some drinks and some water.
2. Bread; Bread is a very important part of a meal especially at a restaurant like black Angus. It never came until the dinner was at our place. I judge a restaurant by what it gives away and thats the bread. Angus has great bread and I enjoy it.. Sometimes I fill up on the bread and take the rest home with me.
3. Water; Water is a basic thing. Our got filled once during our visit. The person who filled it was the clean up crew.
4. Attentive staff: Not once did the manager ask how our food was. When my partner received his food his cut of meat was FAT honestly it was 60% fat and the rest was meat. If that is the way the meat is I believe and am probably wrong that the waiter should inform us of that. The waiter never asked us about our food so there we go.
5. Desert: I ordered the cookie average cook time and they warn you is 15 minutes. I was ok with that.. 15 minutes went by and the waiter actually came out and said sorry someone took your cookies so you need to wait another 15 minutes for it. The cookie did come out but it seemed like it was rushed.
6. Birthday song: I know its dumb but I heard the birthday song 5 times during my meal. It was not sung to me.
7. manager: So I was frustrated at this point and decided I wanted to speak to the manager (Hey if this was my business I would want to know) I called the store and got him over.
He stated the bread was burned
The food was great! We had the filet mignon and the salmon dinners. The wine was very good for the price. The vegetables were fresh and cook just right! The service was also excellent!
Very slow service like it was between lunch and dinner service food took forever to come was there for almost 2 hours
When I went out with my now husband of 34 years, the first restaurant that we went to was to the Black Angus in Fremont.
Since then, whenever we have a special occasion, date night or even take our children and grandchildren to dinner, we always seem to end up at Black Angus.
We have always enjoyed Black Angus... just wish the sitting was more like the Black Angus used to be in Fremont...
Food was good, no complaints. Service was good too, nothing too cheer about. Price was average. No alcohol had steak and shrimp for two people. Left $100 poorer :)
We all enjoyed our selections and Derek provided excellent service as usual.
We are never disappointed with our meals at this restaurant. At times it is overly busy, but they at least take reservations. The value is very high, because they have a lot of promotions and freebies. Their base price is reasonable and downright low compared to other fancy restaurants offering a full menu. Now, the steaks are "choice" grade and not "prime", but that's fine, I don't need all that saturated fat anyway. I like the two sides included with most meals and the great mud pie at the end. The noise level permits relaxed enjoyable conversation and avoids the shouting necessary at other busy restaurants. I have always had good to excellent service.