Nearby points of interest
Nearby points of interest
About Benihana - Houston - Downtown
Welcome to Benihana and a dining experience unlike any other! Our guests are seated at communal tables in groups, where your personal chef will perform the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Watch as we slice and dice, preparing a meal that will dazzle your eyes as well taste buds, whether you choose mouth-watering steak, tender chicken or succulent seafood. You can also enjoy sushi prepared by a talented sushi chef and indulge in a specialty cocktail. Benihana in downtown Houston is near the heart of the theatre and museum district, allowing guests to enjoy dinner and a teppanyaki show before a theatrical production nearby. They are in a prime location in the center of the business district and walking distance from all major hotels. The restaurant boasts a large lounge, which is especially popular for business lunches in a limited amount of time. Happy Hour is offered Monday through Friday from 4-7 p.m. Validated parking is available weekdays after 5 p.m. and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Houston, TX 77002
Japanese, Sushi, Steakhouse
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Friday: 3:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Monday - Friday: 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Between Clay & Polk
$30 and under
AMEX, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa
We validate parking Monday through Friday after 5:00 PM and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking, Wine
Benihana - Houston - Downtown Ratings and Reviews
We had a 7:30 reservation. Not seated until after 8. They seated 11 people on just our side of table so we were literally sitting on the same chairs. We did not even begin cooking until after we had sat at table with not even water for 30 more minutes. Bill was completely messed up with charges incorrect and the service and food was terrible. I have been to this location many times and I will never go again. It was my son’s birthday and it was a complete disappointment.
Had a 5:45 reservation but was not seated until 6:10. Order not taken until 6:30. Made the early reservation because we had tickets to a play that started at 7:30. We were unable to finish our meal and had to leave before the main course was served. Did not have time to get parking validated so paid an extra 12 bucks for a meal we did not get to finish. No apology from anyone at the restaurant. The gutless bald guy working up front wouldn’t even look up at me when I stopped for moment on the way out to complain. Don’t waste your time or money on this place.
Have eaten here at this location several times before without issue but this visit was a TOTAL bust! Had reservations for a Christmas / Birthday gift for some friends and the night ended up being ruined by making us late to a 7.30 performance at the Hobby Center.
- Reservations for 5.30, 3wks out from date needed... seated us 20min late.
- Greeted by an extremely rude hostess. When we told her we were there for our reservations, she told us to stand in the bar area because all the others in the lobby would be seated before she got to us. When we asked what? Her response was " Did you hear what I said?"
- Were seated at an unset table.
- Moved to the next table over which was set
- Soup came out and was like warm. Then heard an explanation at the next table that they were out of soup in the kitchen and theirs would be coming out soon
- Chef came to cook the meal and arrived to a cooking surface that had never been turned on or heated up.
- Chef informed the wait staff, who informed the hostess. Hostess came and offered free California rolls to both parties at the table. Returned with 1 roll for the other family at the table and did not address us at all.
- Grill finally heated up 15-20min later and chef started with the fried rice. Did not prep enough fried rice for all orders at the table. Leaving me with no rice. They brought a bowl from the kitchen which looked like steamed white rice with stuff stirred into it. About that time the manager walked up and looked at the bowl and said he would bring me a fresh bowl from the kitchen. That bowl showed up about 15min later.
- Food was not up to par with prior visits. Chicken, steak and rice were dry. Onions not cooked.
Bottom line, we were there for almost 2 hrs, had bad service and only 5-10min to eat only a portion of our dinner, before being late to our show at Hobby.
Talked with the manager last night and general manager today.
Will be a really long time before we go back to the downtown location!
Our reservation was fulfilled 31 minutes late, even though our whole party was present 15 minutes early. The manager was loudly arguing with a hostess when we arrived and continued as we waited to be seated. Apparently they were short a couple of chefs, which is understandable, but we were given completely unrelated reasons for the delay.
The chef, Edgar, was fantastic, very entertaining and the food he cooked was perfectly done and very good. The waitstaff were very good as well, checked in on us regularly, and made sure we were well taken care of. My daughter really enjoyed her birthday dinner and dessert, and we all enjoyed eating together and visiting with each other. Aside from the hiccups getting seated and the delays in getting the main course started, we had a great time and would certainly recommend and return again.
We had a reservation but it took about 20 minutes before we were seated. The hostess kept telling us that people were finished eating but were still talking at the table she wanted to seat us at. After about 20 minutes she sat us somewhere else. This was way to long to wait when there were other tables available. Charlie was out chef and he was great. Did new things - we really enjoyed that part.
I had reservations for 2p on November 5th. I was seated promptly, but no one came to take my order, so I had to go back to the front and tell the hosted. We waited about 15 minutes before anyone came to take drink orders, took another 5 minutes to bring my drink. I'm disappointed at the service especially when I'm a frequent patron at benihana's
Please sign in to record your input. Thanks!
Report this review as inappropriate?
If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate.