Nearby points of interest
Nearby points of interest
About Amelia's Italian Cuisine
Gainesville's Finest Italian Cuisine for over 20 years! Located downtown in the Sun Center (Behind the Hippodrome). New (September 2007) Chef/Owner Andy Fass brings Amelia's back to its roots with top quality food, service, and ambiance. Nightly food and drink specials to complement the extensive Northern Italian cuisine menu selections. View our menu online at www.ameliasgainesville.com
Gainesville, FL 32601
Italian, Seafood, Steak
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:45pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Hours May Vary -- Please make a reservation to ensure availability!
2nd Place and E. 1st Street
$30 and under
AMEX, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Wednesday Nights: Live Jazz with Gary Swanson Duo! 6-9pm
Free parking available in the Sun Center East Parking lot (East lot is near Alter-Ego Fitness accessable off 2nd place); Free validation at 2nd Avenue parking garage! Bring your parking ticket please!
Private Party Facilities:
Depending on availability, our Tuscan Rose Room can accommodate your party of up to 45 people.
Private Party Contact:
Andy Fass: (352) 373-1919
Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Wine, Corkage Fee, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Outdoor dining, Outdoor Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Special Events & Promotions:
We do not accept reservations through OpenTable for New Years Eve, Valentine's Day, or UF Graduations. Please call us directly at 352-373-1919 for these special events.
Amelia's Italian Cuisine Ratings and Reviews
This was my first time dining at Amelia's. The staff were very kind and curtious and made some very good suggestions for wine. The food was great and very well prepared band presented. I would definitely consider dining there again in the future. The owner and chef even took the time to come out and introduce himself and make sure the customers were satisfied with everything. A very nice restaurant for some very delicious authentic Italian food.
I wasn't really expecting much when I booked reservation at Amelia's. I'm from NJ and an Italian food snob to be honest. And when I arrived, saw the table clothes and traditional Italian menu choices, I wasn't optimistic. But let me tell you, looks can be deceiving. We had an outstanding meal at Amelia's. The Eggplant Parm was in fact the best I've ever tasted other than home made, and certainly in a restaurant. The sides, salads and so forth were all top notch. And maybe best of all, the service. Our server was outstanding. Made great recommendations on food selection and wine selections. He was entertaining, funny, polite, helpful and attentive. Overall, a wonderful meal and experience. Highly recommend.
Not your traditional Italian restaurant. The chef has changed traditional recipes like pesto to please what he believes his customers want. The clams in the clam sauce and linguine were a bit sandy and the sauce was tasteless. Perhaps we dined there on a off night.
The adjoining bar was being used as a makeshift office and this was visible from the dining room. Strange decor choice for a high-priced restaurant. Service was friendly but slow. Food was not bad but not worth the price tag, and it left our stomachs not feeling so great.
On our 10-star scale...
1. Caprese appetizer was excellent, just large enough for two to share, 8*.
2. M'Lady had veal francese and was served a generous portion of properly-flavored tender veal slices. 8*.
3. I ordered a veal dish off the menu, the chef rose to the challenge and came close enough to the classical preparation. More good food than I could eat, 9*.
4. Our Caesar salad was shared and about as good as I ever had, 9*.
5. The sides of penne pasta are served with a red sauce (no choice here) which is a tad bitter for my taste, 6*.
6. A variety of hot bread loaves accompanied our meal. They arrived later than they should have and were our one disappointment with Amelia's. I've been enjoying good Italian breads and rolls here and abroad for over a half-century, and just don't agree with the heavy, dense textures we encountered here, 3*.
7. Wines were good and fairly poured, but we hoped for a wider selection, 7*.
8. The tartufo dessert was o.k., 7*.
9. Lest I forget, the server mixed a righteous classic Manhattan for me, 10*.
10. Service was cheerful and efficient. Parking was free about 100 feet east.
11. Ambiance is very good with enough light to could read the menu and see our food.
12. About $130 out the door.
13. We will return. With luck, burrata will be on the menu.
We celebrated my wife's birthday with two other couples at Amelia's and, as always, had a wonderful time and great food. Chef Andy adds a personal touch by coming out and playing happy birthday on a saxophone. If you are looking for a quiet, quaint place to eat with wonderful food then this is your place.
Food was exceptionally mediocre, food is better at Olive Garden, which is also about half the price... Service was on par with food... No explanation of menu items or specials, and the appetizer we ordered was literally a pile of flavorless mushrooms in some oil... Never going back and plan to spread the word that no one should consider spending the $80 for two people that is required...
My son and wife said it was the best Italian meal ever. My 12yr old grandson said the
blueberry cheese cake was out of this world. He wants to come back soon.
The food was outstanding and so was the service.
The price was good also. Can't say anymore, this is a great restaurant.
Please sign in to record your input. Thanks!
Report this review as inappropriate?
If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate.