- the wait staff was as you would expect in an upscale restaurant; attentive, courteous, very professional.
- the asparagus was cooked perfectly although the largest pieces were slightly stringy, we did substituted hollandaise sauce with bearnaise sauce (got to try it).
- the cream corn was not what you get out of a can, the corn tasted fresh off of the cob with a cream sauce and cheese.
- my wife's medium rare KC strip was cooked spot-on with truffle butter. It was lick the plate good.
- reservation was marked date night with toddler, we did have to wait a few minutes after our reservation time. They gave us a nice corner booth with lots of room for our 3 year old to move about.
- side portions are very large.
NOT AS GOOD
- I made the mistake of ordering medium KC strip instead of medium rare because I had ribeye on my mind and that's generally the temperature I order my ribeye. My strip was well done for the first couple inches on narrow side. There was quite a bit of char for a medium steak. Although the rest of steak was spot on for medium temp.
- the truffle butter flavor was partially neutralized I think by the Char I also think the truffle flavoring was weaker than previous visit.
- the concierge station is around the corner of the entrance from the wine display. So when there is a few group standing around it is unclear where you're supposed to go.
- there seem to be only one hostess answering phones and seating guests. Not something you expect of an upscale restaurant. Especially on a Saturday night.
- due to the awkward setup at the entrance and the lack of staff there was at least three groups that left after nobody greeted them within the first 3 minutes of walking through the door.
Besides weak flavor of the truffle butter and slightly overdone steak that i order wrong temp on, our experience was excellent. We will not hesitate to dine there again. I worked RUTH'S CHRIS when it opened in KC so my bar is real high for steakhouses.
It was good, but it's been better in the past. Steak was good but sides were not as good as usual and we didn't like the calamari appetizer at all. Service was adequate, but we've also had better. As expensive as it is, it should always be excellent. A bit disappointed this time. In general, we've always liked it though, so we will go again.
Exceeded our expectation on food, service and overall experience. Expect it to be on the pricy side but well worth it. The only concern was they had no Appetizers, that weren’t Sea Food. This is something they should change and make new additions.
delicious! We will definitely go back, we sat in a private room, which through no fault of the restaurant, we were seated next to 2 very loud tables. Will probably suggest the main dining area next time.
Excellent steak and good service. Nice for date night.
Good quality steak, great service.
Our favorite appetizer is the lobster bites be prepared to pay but worth it. This time we tried the onion rings which we really enjoyed. Dinner was the Maine lobster stuffed with crab, outstanding. However my husband ordered the ribeye it was not up to par but they quickly replaced it with the filet, perfect. Service was timely and unrushed. One of our favorite restaurants.
Upscale menu, wine and bar options. Good value for an upscale restaurant. Service was exceptional to all tables close to us. Although this restaurant is not close to our home, we felt it was worth the drive.
My wife and I went here for a pre-Valentine's Day dinner, since the actual holiday can be busy. The restaurant did not disappoint. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The service was excellent as well as the food. The only thing you could even comment on negatively is the price, but when you go high end, you have to pay for it and our final bill wasn't as high as I thought it would've been while I was doing the math in my head ordering, which was a pleasant surprise. We were able to order partial sides, which cut down the total, which is a nice option not on the menu. Give it a shot sometime!
Great ambiance. Food and service are outstanding, featuring USDA Prime meats plus a large selection of fresh seafood. A bit pricey but worth the splurge for a special evening. Extensive wine selection and full bar.
Fairly typical steakhouse experience. This restaurant (and most high end steakhouses) have reputations for being too expensive but if you know how to order, the tab shouldn't be too bad. Portions are generous and wait staff do accommodate requests to share dishes or order half size portions. We shared all of our dishes: baked escargot starter, a wedge salad, 16 oz ribeye, lobster mac and cheese side and slice of lemon cheesecake. Escargot and mac and cheese were so-so, wedge and steak were great and lemon curd on the cheesecake was delicious! I think overall a decent restaurant but not likely to return only because it wasn't anything spectacular and there are just too many alternatives in KC we prefer at this price point.
The food was on point as usual but our server, Brandon, was obviously new and seemed a bit out of his depth. He was very nice but he didn’t seem to comprehend what we were ordering and kept coming back to double check items. He left dirty dishes on our table after several passes & when I ordered a 1/2 order of shrimp cocktail we received two shrimp each on their own plate & in a tiny cup of shrimp sauce. We also had an issue with my husbands drink order, he ordered a $12 glass of bourbon and after tasting it he asked our server what it was, since it wasn’t what he ordered but he liked it. He was told it was a different liquor twice then we were charged $80 for one glass when our server told us it was priced $35 per glass. When we questioned it the manager charged us for 2x $35. I also would NOT recommend sitting in the far booth by the kitchen since they house their serving carts on the backside & apparently they throw them into that space that disrupts your meal every time they put it away.
Good food, good service. Pricey but it is worthy of every penny.
Two words ...... A - Mazing!!! Truly a great meal. Steak was prepared better than perfect and I would highly recommend the lobster bites. They will change your life!
It was a great experience and the food was amazing!
We had a wonderful time at 801. Our bartender was Cody and he did an awesome job. We were very worried because of his youthful look. But he was very knowledgeable and made us amazing drinks. I made the comment about how surprised I was about his quality of drink despite his looks. And his was response was "I know I look 30". However, he looked 12. But despite that he was an amazing bartender and he was constantly moving and working which made me sweat just watching him. He recommended that we get a delmonico steak instead of the strip and it was amazing with the bone marrow butter bath. But my favorite was the lobster bites. I am very happy we skipped our reservation to have Cody serve us. He told us all about how he learned how to bartend and it was an incredible experience that we will never forget. He is an incredible young man and we cannot wait to go back.
The meal and service was top notch.
Always a great food and good service.
Vio was excellent!
Decent meal but not one that I would write home about. Steak was good. Salad was average and cheesecake was also just average.
the food and service was excellent, I recommend it. A little price but good.