Rob was awesome
Made us feel special on our anniversary
Always great service. We love the seating area in front by the street. The food is amazing every time.
Great service and delicious food! They never disappoint!
Steak was very good and service was excellent.
Excellent place to spend an anniversary! On our table were menus that said Happy 14 year Anniversary! Great job 801
Excellent as always. If I was forced to find something to criticize it would be I that I would prefer that they give you the option to have family-style or individual sides. As not everyone at the table agrees on sides.
My daughter and I went to the Sunday special and it was outstanding!! The service was outstanding (thank you Stacy) and everyone was very friendly!!
Rob Unverferth did a fantastic job on this evening. Polite, accommodating, and patient with our family(small kids were present).
Everything you would expect from a higher end steak establishment.
Great experience with great food and very friendly wait staff
Excellent service. Sat in bar area. Food was far better than expected. It’s nice not to have to drive to the plaza for a nice dinning experience
last second meal with my son on Sunday. Did the price fix - good value for $. Wait staff very professional and attentive. Son's prime rib about 40% fay which was a bit much but perfectly mid rare. My filet was tiny but good.
Shared a beautiful birthday dinner with my wife and let me tell you the service was impeccable! Hat's off to Chris our server. The table was decorated for us and the menu was personalized. Don't make the mistake of going elsewhere!
For the money it was not worth it. They forgot two of the items that we requested and the one would think if you paying $80 a plate that this wouldn’t have happened. There was less than six tables in at the time.
Probably not a place we will visit again.
Both the food and service are as good as you can find in Kansas City.
Absolutely perfect. Great wait staff and food was wonderful
The food, “Sunday Supper,” was an exceptional value and the server, Cody, was outstanding!
Food is spectacular, great ambiance and the service was great.
The food was great. Diana, our server, was very attentive and friendly. She made the meal even better.
Went here with my wife and a couple of friends for a birthday. Got the Sunday Supper. The food was INCREDIBLE. The drinks were fantastic. We sat in the bar and it was exactly the atmosphere I was looking for. Can't wait to do it again.
The service at this restaurant is unbelievable and the food is worth the money. We had to keep changing reservation times due to meetings at the office and the staff was very accommodating. We had a private area and fantastic service. Will be returning soon.
Exceptional service and ambiance. Food is amazing. Definitely would recommend for a special occasion since it’s high quality and high price but great!
Arrived just after 5pm (reservation @5) valet parking not set up upon arrival had to park and walk. In side they said they did not have our reservation, yet they had called me to confirm we were coming. My wife asked for a quiet table and was seated next to the kitchen (very noisy) we ordered signature oysters ($18) and we received an oyster sampler plate($30), which we said we did not order but had it charged to the bill anyway. Food (prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus were all severed just barely warm. Then when it came time to pay the bill waiter disappeared. All in all, This was our first visit to this location and we are not likely to return.
Perfect in every way except very pricey. We will not be able to frequent this restaurant.
Service was outstanding. Food was excellent!
Our visit was nothing short of amazing! Atmosphere was relaxing, service was outstanding, and food was delicious!!!! I will absolutely be recommending this restaurant to friends and family!
We love to eat in the bar at 801 Leawood. We always have a great meal and we had an awesome server who took really good care of us. Our only complaint - it's just so darn expensive to dine there.
My mussels were tough. The birthday cake (told us was a gift from the restaurant) cost $10 !
I didn’t notice this till I got home.. 🤭. Probably won’t return.
Great service & food was outstanding!
- the wait staff was as you would expect in an upscale restaurant; attentive, courteous, very professional.
- the asparagus was cooked perfectly although the largest pieces were slightly stringy, we did substituted hollandaise sauce with bearnaise sauce (got to try it).
- the cream corn was not what you get out of a can, the corn tasted fresh off of the cob with a cream sauce and cheese.
- my wife's medium rare KC strip was cooked spot-on with truffle butter. It was lick the plate good.
- reservation was marked date night with toddler, we did have to wait a few minutes after our reservation time. They gave us a nice corner booth with lots of room for our 3 year old to move about.
- side portions are very large.
NOT AS GOOD
- I made the mistake of ordering medium KC strip instead of medium rare because I had ribeye on my mind and that's generally the temperature I order my ribeye. My strip was well done for the first couple inches on narrow side. There was quite a bit of char for a medium steak. Although the rest of steak was spot on for medium temp.
- the truffle butter flavor was partially neutralized I think by the Char I also think the truffle flavoring was weaker than previous visit.
- the concierge station is around the corner of the entrance from the wine display. So when there is a few group standing around it is unclear where you're supposed to go.
- there seem to be only one hostess answering phones and seating guests. Not something you expect of an upscale restaurant. Especially on a Saturday night.
- due to the awkward setup at the entrance and the lack of staff there was at least three groups that left after nobody greeted them within the first 3 minutes of walking through the door.
Besides weak flavor of the truffle butter and slightly overdone steak that i order wrong temp on, our experience was excellent. We will not hesitate to dine there again. I worked RUTH'S CHRIS when it opened in KC so my bar is real high for steakhouses.
It was good, but it's been better in the past. Steak was good but sides were not as good as usual and we didn't like the calamari appetizer at all. Service was adequate, but we've also had better. As expensive as it is, it should always be excellent. A bit disappointed this time. In general, we've always liked it though, so we will go again.
Exceeded our expectation on food, service and overall experience. Expect it to be on the pricy side but well worth it. The only concern was they had no Appetizers, that weren’t Sea Food. This is something they should change and make new additions.
delicious! We will definitely go back, we sat in a private room, which through no fault of the restaurant, we were seated next to 2 very loud tables. Will probably suggest the main dining area next time.
Excellent steak and good service. Nice for date night.
Good quality steak, great service.
Our favorite appetizer is the lobster bites be prepared to pay but worth it. This time we tried the onion rings which we really enjoyed. Dinner was the Maine lobster stuffed with crab, outstanding. However my husband ordered the ribeye it was not up to par but they quickly replaced it with the filet, perfect. Service was timely and unrushed. One of our favorite restaurants.
Upscale menu, wine and bar options. Good value for an upscale restaurant. Service was exceptional to all tables close to us. Although this restaurant is not close to our home, we felt it was worth the drive.
My wife and I went here for a pre-Valentine's Day dinner, since the actual holiday can be busy. The restaurant did not disappoint. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously. The service was excellent as well as the food. The only thing you could even comment on negatively is the price, but when you go high end, you have to pay for it and our final bill wasn't as high as I thought it would've been while I was doing the math in my head ordering, which was a pleasant surprise. We were able to order partial sides, which cut down the total, which is a nice option not on the menu. Give it a shot sometime!