Nearby points of interest
Nearby points of interest
About 53 by the Sea
Designed around its breathtaking view of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head, 53 By The Sea offers you the opportunity to experience Hawaii dining like never before. Delight at Japanese chef and Local chef artistry as he combines fresh local ingredients with succulent seafoods and the finest hand-cut meats. Just as exquisite are the melodic sounds of local pianists playing on the Italian made Fazioli piano in the adjacent T’s at 53 lounge, featuring wines and spirits from around the globe. 53 By The Sea is truly a celebration for all the senses! Collared shirts are required please.
Honolulu, HI 96813
Contemporary American, Seafood, Steak
Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-2:00pm (last order)
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm (last order)
Bar: Daily 4:00pm-11:00pm (last order)
$50 and over
AMEX, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 6:30pm-8:30pm
Complimentary valet parking available on site.
Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Corkage Fee, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking, Outdoor dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
53 by the Sea Ratings and Reviews
* The one star is for the chef ONLY.
- We ordered crab cake, lobster pasta (daily special), lamb chops, 2 cocktails >> Very tasty, great sauce on lobster pasta; lamb chops were cooked perfectly.
- No dedicated server; never introduced today's fresh catch until we asked; took our knifes while we were still eating; one server asked us who has what dish but later another server came and gave utensils to the wrong person and got the dish wrong (rib eye instead of lamb chops); glad to have birthday cake but no utensil is provided (?!) >> Bad organizing, lack of communication; This is not the problem of having sections or not. Restaurants in Asia don't serve by sections and it works well.
- The angry part: We couldn't finish the lobster pasta. We have half of the pasta and half of the half-cut lobster left. Server boxed it for us and we left. When we were back home, we found out that our half-cut lobster was missing! Apparently the server didn't pack it! I don't know how the server detemined that there was no meat in the lobster......even no meat, I'm sure most of the restaurants would still pack the shell. One word: ridiculous.
- With this price range, I give them a F.
--- Dec 8th, 2017
As always we had a wonderful time at 53. We were celebrating my sister's birthday and wanted to take her to a quiet, elegant, special venue with a beautiful view and a delicious meal. Mahalo to Ricky for being the perfect server and taking care of our family. They enjoyed every moment of our luncheon celebration. Thank you 53 for another fantastic dining experience.
Romantic! I took my wife here for her birthday and the staff was very accommodating, allowing us with seating near the ocean view window and treated her to a complementary birthday cake. We came on a Friday and got a great view of the Hilton Firework Show.The food was outstanding! The cocktails were made to perfection. The price is worth the experience if you're there for a special occasion, but I probably won't come back for casual dining.
Food and service was great.
My only complaint is the required valet service. Firstly, I could’ve just parked the car in the same stall that he parked the car. It is not crowded enough at lunchtime to require a valet who I then have to tip for moving my car a few feet away. Secondly, The valet didn’t lock our car door even though I specifically requested hin to do so. This is the second time the valet did not lock the door. Nothing seems to have been stolen...
Restaurant Week 2017, we ordered both the restaurant week special and off the menu. Everything exceeded our expectations. The food was elegantly plated, which matched the ambiance of the restaurant. Service staff was very friendly and knowledgeable which made for a wonderful dining experience
Please sign in to record your input. Thanks!
Report this review as inappropriate?
If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate.