225 River Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zylorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 253-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 9:00am
Brunch:: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm ; Dinner : Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Todd Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from ZYLO Restaurant
At Zylo, every dish is centered around a fresh, locally driven experience. And nothing is more paramount to eating local than being able to taste the season's best with every bite. That's why we locally source the finest ingredients, hand selected from local markets around New York City and Hoboken. So, join us on the Hudson, eat for the moment and live for the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
ZYLO Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
ZYLO Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)romantic (17)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Awesome and tasty!! Choices were good and very delicious... Drinks were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceChristopherDined on 11/7/2014The service was attentive and professional. The food was uniquely delicious and really an overall excellent experience. The ambience and view cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VibaDined on 11/6/2014Always a great experience. Great foor and great service.Special Features:
- Love this placehobokenfoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2014We eat here regularly and its a great place for any occasion, family dinner or just because. The menu has been changing so if you haven't been there lately give it a try you wont be disappointed.Special Features:
- ZyloNarrowbackDined on 10/18/2014This was the find of the year! The food and presentation was outstanding. The wait staff was knowledgeable and courteous. The view just added to the experience. If in Hoboken, or anywhere near, Zylo is the Restaurant to go to.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentnjseadooerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Our son was in town for the extended weekend from College and had a craving for Chacuterie and i was surprised to find that Zylo was the only advertised in the County with it. Chef had done a great job on the rest of the menu in terms of quality and presentation. Only hang-up this trip to Zylo was that the service was slightly off, but will not stop us from visiting in the near future.Special Features:
- terrible customer serviceRBAV910Dined on 9/25/2014you would think the W hotel would have better customer service. The restaurant has a nice view, decent food but service was slow and uneven. incorrect bill at the end. disappointing.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014As a diner who frequents New York City in search of good restaurants I would rate this place very average. The food was good, not great and with the price you are paying you would expect it to be great. After eating there, I realized the best thing about Zylo is the view. It seems as though that it was you are paying for. I would come back here, but only for a cocktail or glass of wine. I'd pass on the food.Special Features:
- OverpricedMDanteVIPDined on 9/10/2014They have Morton/Ruth's Cris prices, but lack the food quality and server professionalism. Nice view of course of Manhattan and it's in the W, so it's convenient for me, but really not worth the cost at all. $48 for a NY Strip and you pay for each side and your salad as well. If the steak was excellent, then I wouldn't mind so much, it's just ok.
- Love this place!hobokenfoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We eat here all the time. They are in the process of changing the menu and so far everything we've tried we loved. We meet friends here, celebrate family occasion's and just go for a quiet weekday dinner, its just an easy comfortable place to eat with great food , great drinks and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Service throughout mealgarlicDined on 8/26/2014We celebrated my birthday at Zylo. The service was attentive and informative, including being attentive to the needs of a 5 year old. The food was fresh and unique and the pace of our meal perfect. You cannot beat dining with a great view of the Hudson and NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheRealBoyceDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful brunch at Zylo on Sunday ! Bonus, the view of NYC !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!MareDined on 8/7/2014We went during RW & were able to be seated outdoors so we got to enjoy dinner & drinks while (almost!) on the Hudson and taking in the Manhattan skyline. Four women, all ordered different apps/meals and all were good. The Chocolate sundae was to die for, rich, dark chocolate ice cream. A great ending to a great night.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedTryAnythingOnceDined on 7/31/2014Went to Zylo on a Thursday night and had one of the worst dining experiences since living in Hoboken. Service and food were both terrible. Waiters could not speak to the strange components in the dishes and the spices were strange mixes of unidentifiable origin.Special Features:
- The following 321 reviews are from the ZYLO Restaurant reviews archive.
- No Eating in the dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014I've gone to Zylo's several times over the last several years. For some reason they refuse to put people in the dinning room. This day was no exception...Apparently they had a big party comming...no one was there when we arrived or left. Anyhow they try to put you in very uncomfortable seats in the bar which are made for lounging not eating...not sure why they don't put in dinning seats if they want you to eat there. Anyhow they put us outside where a couple of buses were parked...Nice view. Service was ok. Waiter didn't know the wine list and really couldn't explain wet vs. dry aging at a steak place. My steak came out under cooked...my wife's was fine...Same order.
- Bottom of the barrellegaleagleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Truly a miserable experience. I have eaten here a numer of times and things are only getting worse. It is really a lovely space but they have allowed things to deteriorate. The tables are stained and set hapharzdly. The lunch menu does not include fis or a hot chicken entree. The service was unbearable. Several times we had to flag down other servers to get water the check etc. There appears to be no managerial presence. The experincee does not even approach medicre. Shocked this is the only option in a W hotel.Special Features:
- Decent restaurantMg669Dined on 7/19/2014Restaurant was completely empty when we went, food was good, small menu. Overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceHobokenDudeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Service was terrible! Waiter came to our table for a total of about 3 times the entire night, restaurant was not busy! Ordered steak filet medium rare, came out well done. Ended up complaining to the manager. I would not go back.
- mehHillbillyGeekDined on 6/5/2014It was good but unremarkable. For the price I expect the food to be spectacular. We sat outside which was nice. We had blue point oysters, snapper, and roasted prawns rissota.
- Tuscan TwistSherriVIPDined on 5/24/2014While this beautifully situated and decorated restaurant has some typical steakhouse items on the menu, there is a Tuscan twist! For example the potatoes have tiny shreds of parsley red onion and red pepper. The sautéed mushrooms have garlic and red wine vinegar for a kick. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Great waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but a bit pricymsdonaDined on 5/23/2014This is a nice restaurant with a good view of NY but the food was a bit overpriced. The Red Snapper, which was a special that evening was $44. While it was prepared well and was tasty, that seems a bit much for a piece of fish. I would suggest this location for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The Bad Reviews Were Wrong!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I went to Zylo over 2 years ago and had a fantastic experience. We scheduled a dinner for our friend's 50th birthday on Saturday night, and I was worried due to the recent negative reviews that I read on Opentable. Please don't get scared away! We had an awesome time. Our service was good. Our food was terrific. The cocktails were quite yummy! Although a tad bit pricey, we had a great evening and we can't wait to return again soon. Every restaurant can have a bad night once in awhile. We were all happy that we went to Zylo on Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2014Came here for a Mother's day brunch. While I expected to over pay, it really was not worth it. The food was lacking, and if you are going to charge $50 for a buffet at least keep it stocked. Having to wait for food while dropping this much cash made the experience much worse. Other than being a nice location, there are better quality options for less price. ISpecial Features:
- mother's day bunchkateDined on 5/11/2014I will say the food was very good. However, for the price it was much less then I thought it would be. I think should have been more offered since it was 50$ per person.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014It was the perfect place for a quiet breakfast. The staff was lovely and very courteous and helpful....and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedVeranda68Dined on 4/29/2014For the prices this resturant charges I expected the level of food quality services to better. Myself and my guest had to call for the waiter 4 times in order to get his attention. The resturant was emtpy so it wasnt because they were busy. I had the bone in ribeye which was just ok, I would have thought it would have been a little better seeing that it cost $49, I probably could have gotten a better steak at the Shoprite. I dont dine in Hoboken to often and thought this place would be a good spot to take a client who was staying in the hotel. Next time I will head out somewhere else. Don't waiste your time going here.Special Features:
- horrible menudissatisfiedDined on 4/20/2014Very disappointed. Was looking forward to items on previous menu. None were available. Menu looks more like a flash card than a menu. No variety and very little to choose from
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Went here for Easter brunch and the food (the little we could get) was terrible. More than half the brunch trays were empty at the same time and were not refilled in any sort of timely fashion. I was forced to wait for a barely cooked waffle instead. Even the desserts were mediocre at best. Hands down the worst buffet I've ever seen. They should have paid me to go there instead of charging me $45/head.
- A night out--NightOutDined on 3/21/2014The place is nice , bigger than it looks from outside. First thing is the parking I mean were in Hoboken not NYC it's so called valet parking comes with a $15 charge for 3 hours after restaurant validates the ticket. The way they actually serve the wine/set it on the table needs rethinking (wine aerator) the appetizers selection are so so we ordered a Parmesan flatbread I felt we got a pomodoro style pizza , then we got 2 steaks and 2 sides first the sides where very very good (potatoes and broccoli rabe) the steaks were larger than I thought they would (no complaint) the steaks were very good not to degree of other similar cost steakhouses/grills - it is nice that you can take a walk and enjoy the view. Worth going .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special thanks for serviceTheaterdinerVIPDined on 3/14/2014We live in a Hoboken and went to celebrate a special occasion : the restsurant and the waiter really made us feel special It is so rare these days that I want everyone to know that as far as service the restaurant deserves 5 stars Also the views are spectacular and the cocktails are creative and a lot of good wines to choose from . Food was in even : steaks were good and specials, Salad and appetizer cold cut board so so. 5 stars for the drinks and ambience and service, between 3 and 4 for food And bud thank you to the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectPeteDined on 3/8/2014The food was amazing and the ambiance was very romantic. The service was outstanding and everyone made you feel welcomed. There is nothing bad to say about this place. It was my first time there & won't be my last. Thank you for making it a memorable & positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingAndyDined on 3/8/2014A group of 5 of us went for dinner in a Saturday night, no special occasion. We ordered a bottle of prosecco to start and once it had been poured it was clearly flat. The manager brought another bottle to the table and told us they had run out of cork in Italy and were using caps instead resulting in some bottles being flat. They kept some cork bottles on hand for these occasions (note to Zylo, stop serving that prosecco until the problem is resolved). I had a pasta special containing pancetta, the pancetta still had the plastic wrap around it, they comped my meal. I ordered a Moscato d'Asti desert wine, it was completely flat. All in all a disappointing experience when we had had good meals there in the past.
- Interesting serviceBelaChameliVIPDined on 3/1/2014As a vegetarian at a steak house - we should have probably chosen another venue. Of course the menu wasn't super friendly for vegetarians. The staff didn't seem very knowledgeable about additions/subtractions and we felt that it was rather tiresome to have us there. Additionally, everything took forever - even coming over to take our order / give us drinks. Although the cocktails were well worth the wait because I don't think I've had a good lychee/peach shnapps cocktail that good ever (and I go out in the city all the time!)
- lunch with an amazing viewTizLozVIPDined on 2/17/2014we had a lunch with an amazing view on Manhattan.Kids took spaghetti meatballs (delicious) and me and my husband the ZYLO burger ...caranelizeonios...homemade bread and crunchy chips!The only one concern was for the dessert...the tiramisu was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and RomanticLove2eatDined on 2/14/2014I could not complain about Zylo in hoboken, the food was very good, considering it was a pre fix menu for Valentines day. I would go back. The only thing that I did not enjoy too much was the close vicinity of people around when we were eating. It felt like I was not only eat with my date but with other people as well. Besides that, excellent view of the city and great good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's day dinnermorningDined on 2/14/2014I never been any restaurant only provide one pre-fix menu choice.I will never go back this place again.This restaurant prepared selfish and self centered pre-fix dinner which below average taste, only worth below $40.However,they charged me $75.Please spend your hard earned money somewhere else.
- Unwelcomed ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2014Zylo has always been my favorite dining local in Hoboken. Casual, special occasion, or in need of a great dinner, this was the spot. They recently hired a new executive chef and boy was it a mistake. The menu is changing, and for the worse. The quality of food is not as high, and it no longer will be a premier restaurant. I am so sad about this. The service is still great and the atmosphere is still loungy and casual, hopefully that will at least remain. I appreciated the efforts of the manager to extend us an olive branch when we expressed our unhappiness with the new menu and food items by sending a delicious desert. At least I left smiling.Special Features:
- Great place, great night!JamieLynnDined on 1/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here for restaurant week and loved everything about this place! The portions were perfect, we were able to try a bunch of different items off their menu, and we even snuck a peek at their regular menu and definitely plan on coming back for some of their yummy looking pizzas! Definitely recommend for a romantic night by the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've lived in Hoboken forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/26/2014I've lived in Hoboken for years, but never stepped into the W hotel or Zylo. My friend and I planned to try to restaurant week menu, but we didn't realize they didn't have it on Sundays. We ordered four selections of the regular menu to share. The bruschetta fell flat, but we enjoyed the burrata plate, meatballs, and a pork pasta dish. It's a nice atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You go there for the view !diana156VIPDined on 1/25/2014Food was terrible , my second time there .. go for Appetizers, they are far better .. I had the Risotto & salmon ,, the risotto had no flavor.. the waiter described it so well & that it was one of there best dishes and it was not ... !!!Special Features: