ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
6850 E. Main Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelvalleyho.com/
- Phone: 4804217997
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: daily, 6:00-11:15;
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday, 11:15-2:30;
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:15-2:30;
Afternoon Fare: daily, 2:30-5:30;
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday, 5:30-10:00, Friday-
Late Night Dining until midnight every evening in ZuZu Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Wiley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hotel Valley Ho has two distinctive ballrooms as well as, beautiful outdoor spaces and executive boardrooms. Accommodations can be made from 20 to 400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Bryan 4802482039
- Entertainment: ZuZu offers entertainment on Saturday evenings in the Fall. This is typically scheduled for 7pm - 9:30pm. Please contact the restaurant hostess for further details at 480-421-7997.
- Special Events: Monday Night Chef's Table: monthly at 6:30pm, 4-course dinner with beverage pairings included, $56 per person. Check website or call for specific dates and prices.
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday, ZuZu lounge or patio, 4:00-7:00pm, $3-$5 appetizer and beverage options.
A word from ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho
ZuZu is located in the iconic Hotel Valley Ho in Downtown Scottsdale, on the southwest corner of 69th Street and Indian School Road. It is an upscale three meal-a-day venue serving wholesome and seasonal American fare with a contemporary twist. Specializing in flavorful farm fresh ingredients from the most sought after local farms and ranchers. The restaurant features a classic urban-chic interior and is accented by stone, natural wood and rich fabrics. The venue is complete with a full bar, retro lounge, community table, cozy booths and scenic outdoor courtyard dining. This neighborhood grill has a rich sense of history, warm hospitality and well prepared, made from scratch, seasonal cuisine. Dining patrons will enjoy fast and friendly service and the areas freshest cooked-to-order cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ZuZu at Hotel Valley Ho reviews from OpenTable diners
- ZuZu is haute hipster heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2013Located in the beautiful Valley Ho, this nice hotel restaurant is right in keeping with the hipster retro decor of the resort, but it doesn't stand alone on that. The food, morning, noon and night, if fresh, unique and delicious. The service is also top notch. There are comfortable tables, secluded booths, and plenty of patio seating as well. I love the place and would go there even if I weren't staying at the hotel. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Cafe Zuzu!CrystalDined on 6/30/2013My friends and I went to Cafe Zuzu for brunch last weekend and it was delicious! Also- the service was top notch! I would definitely recommend doing the build-your-own bloody mary bar and the breakfast quesadilla. My friends loved the complimentary scones. I can't wait to head back to this restaurant next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown diningSandyVIPDined on 6/24/2013ZuZu is tucked away in the Valley Ho hotel and is a great spot to meet. The food is interesting with innovative vegetable dishes like Spaghetti Squash. Makes the best tuna salad sandwich on yummy bread. Server was very attentive. Can eat in or out depending on the day. Interesting decor, good food, good service.Special Features:
- Fun Father's day Din-dinJonesDined on 6/16/2013Food was a real treat! Wait staff was very knowledgeable of menu. Ambience was great, colorful and fun. We had a delightful evening and we will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is fabulous and youthebearDined on 6/16/2013The food is fabulous and you will have a great time fixing up your Bloody Mary at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small group meetingmamafundy123Dined on 5/28/2013The phone at the hostess desk was WAY TOO loud. Our waitrees could have come to table more often. The tuna sandwich one ordered was not cook well enough. Everyone else enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchBdaygirlDined on 5/12/2013We dined at ZuZu for brunch on Mother's Day. We initially sat on the patio, which was nice (and a bit warm), but there was a table of five men next to us who were being very loud and using colorful language (I had my two young daughters with me), so we requested to be moved inside. Even though the restaurant was very busy, they honored our request right away. The food was a bit slow coming out, but it was very good and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get dressed up or just goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Get dressed up or just go casual. This 50s modern gem inside Hotel Valley Ho is a treat!Special Features:
- Convenient for me but notGARYVIPDined on 3/29/2013Convenient for me but not the best Old Town Scottsdale has to offer. Also very expensive, considering its negatives. Having been there frequently, this is them - very consistant-no change. I only go there because it's across the street and convenient for me when I get hungry and don't feel like walking far.
- Beef stroganoff was tasteLocalVIPDined on 3/15/2013Beef stroganoff was taste free and the meat was stringy. The patio was pleasant, and we wanted to like the restaurant, but it was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great food and fun scene!RLA1840VIPDined on 2/24/2013Love this place! There are healthy options like kale salad and then some major indulgences like cheesy grits. Great balance and good for any crowd. It's a fun scene and the service is always excellent. I always request a booth or a seat near the windows. There is also an awesome patio.Special Features:
- Lunch on patio, beautifulLuv2dineVIPDined on 2/18/2013Lunch on patio, beautiful February weather so nice outside. Standard BLT was very good. Salmon salad was excellent. They also offered a healthy smoothie with fresh berries and protein powder which was tasty too.Special Features:
- ZuZu is great if you wantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013ZuZu is great if you want excellent food with novel decor and no pretense. Food and presentation is great, terrific service, great drinks, great music at the right volume. Not for intimate setting - for fun!Special Features:
- We had a great time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We had a great time dining at ZuZu. We went around 8pm on a Friday night, and there were not many tables dining. However, the bar was hopping!Special Features:
- The place should close down.underwhelmedVIPDined on 2/2/2013Four tables on a Saturday night. Quite sad. Half hearted effort from the kitchen. What has happened to Chuck Wiley?
- Overall we had a great experience!TOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013Overall we had a great experience!The food was excellent. I was very impressed with the Monday Night Chef's Table menu. Everything was prepared perfectly. The servers were attentive and did a great job. The wine pairings from Laetitia were amazing! We enjoyed all of the wines and every part of the meal. Tabitha from Laetitia Winery was super fun and had great presence. She was a perfect host for the event!Special Features:
- ZuZu Cafe, Not Recommended for NYEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The NYE special menu sounded like a good thing when booking the reservation; however, my party of four was sat at a glorified bar table right by the kitchen. At $100 per person, I expected more. The food options were alright and the champagne pairings were not so good. The experience felt rushed, the service was just adequate and one of my party memeber's veal was way under-cooked. Once again, I expected more and the ZuZu Cafe under-delivered. The staff seemed slightly unfriendly and that we were at a drive-through. I am not sure I would ever go to the ZuZu Cafe again for NYE. Over-priced for the experience!
- Went for lunch; got brunchMsVickiTDined on 12/25/2012Went for lunch; got brunch specials instead. Drink specials were good. The food was so so, nothing special.
- Give it a tryJoannaDined on 12/5/2012Interesting menu, good overall. Would go again if in neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012We had Thanksgiving dinner at Cafe Zuzu. The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I ate hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012My boyfriend and I ate here for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. While the food was fine for the price I expect exquisite food. I paid for the meal with some gambling winnings from a few days prior so it was like free money. But, I don't think the value for the food is very good so it's unlikely we would ever return.
- I love this restaurant! It'sAZfoodie14Dined on 11/16/2012I love this restaurant! It's like stepping into the world of "The Jetson's" (if you are old enough to remember them!!) It is just a fun, fun place...plus the best " comfort food" (with a twist)...ever! The staff is efficient and enjoyable. And, their "Ricky Ricardo" martini is delicious! Go and have fun!!!Special Features:
- Brought my girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2012Brought my girlfriend here for her birthday, it's one of her favorite spots.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Typically in the past this place has been crowded on any given night, but it was a little slower this past Saturday night when we arrived at about 8PM at Cafe ZuZu. I had the Mahi Mahi which tasted a little fishy to me but was okay in general. The service was excellent - very attentive. The outdoor patio area was very nice and relaxing as well.Special Features:
- NOSTALGIC SPOT !HH589Dined on 9/16/2012Nostalgic - food while not great is fairly good - historic property -take a walk into the past !Special Features:
- Valley HO HO HO!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2012A very unique experience. Not a place to go if you are on a diet...many items to sway you the wrong direction! We wouldn't miss it.Special Features:
- Outstanding ambiance, ArtOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012Outstanding ambiance, Art deco feel. Very popular spot. Food was very good.Special Features:
- The mid-century modern decorCarolynVIPDined on 8/12/2012The mid-century modern decor of Zuzu would be worth the visit on its own. Fortunately, the food lived up to it. The menu is pretty straightforward American fare, excellently prepared with fresh ingredients. Never underestimate the ability to properly poach an egg! Service was prompt and attentive. We will gladly return when we're in the area.Special Features:
- ZuZu Hits a Home RunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Chopped salad was fresh, crispy, crunchy, sweet and tasty with a long forgotten Green Goddess dressing that complimented perfectly. Beef Stroganoff prepared in it's classic form and the Filet Mignon was cooked a perfect M/R+ (as ordered) on top of cheesy grits and a fresh spinach and mushrooms sautee'... WOW this was yummy. Service was impeccable, courteous and professional. Really enjoyed our stay at The Valley Ho and our dinner at ZuZu.Special Features:
- We were there for M Day'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We were there for M Day's brunch. We didn't order any apps, went right to the main course. After a while of waiting, they brought out some warm scones that should have probably come out sooner. As we were about to take our first bites into them, our main meals arrived. The up side? We didn't fill up on scones before our meal. I had also mentioned my daughters birthday on the Open Table reservation, which the restaurant acknowledged when they called to confirm the reservation. They then forgot about it when we were there. I shouldn't really complain since I forgot to mention it too. Everything was very good and proportioned just right. The Ho'Js were awesome!! Orange creamsicle in a glass!!Special Features:
- Breakfast served cold afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012Breakfast served cold after long wait. Manager gave us breakfast replacement gratis. Service was woefully slow. We've taken Cafe ZuZu off our rotation list of restaurants to visit. Won't go back.
- It was hoping and happening.SRC1VIPDined on 5/6/2012It was hoping and happening. Food was very good... especially the homemade cherry chocolate chip scones. Service was lacking. Still a good place for a nice Breakfast or brunch on a Sunday though!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchblcrazeVIPDined on 5/6/2012Very cool 60/70 atmosphere...California Eggs Benedict was fabulous! Nice Bloody Mary Bar. Restaurant is next to the pool in the Valley Ho Hotel...dress is resort wear to casual. Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon with family. Appeared to be very understaffed, slow service.Special Features:
- Dine @ ZuZu-For the Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/14/2012We have dined at ZuZu several times. On this and our only occasion, we had an issue with one of our meals. Our waiter and the management took care of the issue immediately and they apologized several times. With this type of service we will dine at ZuZu again.Special Features:
- Had brunch at Zu-Zu very wellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012Had brunch at Zu-Zu very well done good atmosphere food was good service good. Neat lobby bar area definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Quiet, quaint, nostalgic.topdowngoDined on 3/17/2012Quiet, quaint, nostalgic. Food presentation was nice, quality of food, very fresh. Generous portions. The menu had a variety of items, and selections under "small plates" which was just enough for me. A nice place to dine for a quiet evening, with a light air of 60's tunes playing.Special Features:
- Not our first experience thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Not our first experience there and always very pleasant and very good food. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- 4 ladies dined her for lunch.PdaspitVIPDined on 2/27/20124 ladies dined her for lunch. Everyone felt the food was very good. we would probably not return as there are so many excellent restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant for outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2012Nice restaurant for outside dining, or inside in a quiet corner. We had a nice birthday celebration. And will come back to try some of their special nights or Sunday brunch, as recommended by staff!Special Features:
- We loved the design of thisotterladyVIPDined on 2/19/2012We loved the design of this restaurant and the "Oldies" music playing! The food was good but not fantastic. We would definitely return!Special Features: