502 West Main St.
Banner Elk, NC 28604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuzda.com/
- Phone: 8288984166
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Doug Usko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a variety of options for private parties; from reserving the patio to a private club environment at Z-Club. Please contact restaurant for further info.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Cremisio 8288984166
- Entertainment: In our non-smoking lounge we offer various acts that lend themselves to both casual dining as well as dancing. We also have a downstairs bar which alows smoking and displays popular sporting events.
A word from Zuzda
We offer small plate fair in the style of tapas. However we do not limit ourselves to spanish cuisine. We bill ourselves as progressive altenative dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zuzda - Best Restaurants in Banner Elk ›
Zuzda reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)special occasion (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Food for EveryoneLaFumaDined on 9/5/2014The only downside is that there are so many plates to choose from! The food is excellent and the portions are ideal. There are many great choices for everyone's taste!Special Features:
- Good ExperiencegooddiningDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. As usual, it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Glorified Bar FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014It would probably be better in the bar. Not fine dining or even close.
- Love ZuzdadlscDined on 8/9/2014Zuzda's is one of our favorite restaurants. We always visit when we take a trip to the mountains. The menu is outstanding. Small plate dining at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTravel2dineDined on 8/9/2014Loved the service and the food! I would highly recommend to everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Mountain TripMtnCraftingGrlsDined on 8/8/2014Five friends got together for a weekend in Beech Mountian to quilt, sew and enjoy some wine on the deck. Our first stop Friday night was Zuzda's. We were amazed at the enourmous list of choices for tapas. We ordered 2 each and enjoyed every bite! I enjoyed the mountain trout and gargonzola stuffec artichokes-delicious!! A perfect sized meal that left room for a yummy dessert. Will go back in October and definately want to eat there again.Special Features:
- Great find!JeanMax81Dined on 7/12/2014This place was awesome. The decor wasn't fancy or pretentious like many tapas places. Went with my sister and her husband, and we loved everything we ordered. The blackberry cabernet sorbet was particularly amazing!Special Features:
- Fair at bestHVvacationDined on 7/9/2014Décor is dismal and depressing. Receptionist sat us at a table with an air conditioning vent directly under the table. She said they would cover it and we asked that it be done. She never came back. I had to use the wine list book to cover the vent. Waitress was excellent with what she had to work with. Table cloths were vinyl and felt sticky. Definitely not worth a return visit.
- Great Food, A Bit SlowroberhartVIPDined on 7/5/2014Visited Zuzda with two other couples and sat outside due to our party being "expanded." Food was wonderful, but we were fogotten about a number of times. Finally, at the end of the meal, although we all wanted dessert (and after a long wait had been brought some coffee, only to be left again), we finally asked for the check. We weren't in a hurry at all, but the gaps were uncomfortable. As for the food, when you take in to account that there were six of us. we covered the menu pretty well, and we all enjoyed each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!FancyDined on 7/1/2014This is not a white table cloth place, but the food is absolutely delicious and the service is friendly and very accommodating. It is not a noisy place and we could enjoy our table conversation. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Small PlatesDavid68VIPDined on 6/27/2014This is our third visit to Zuzda and we'll definitely be back. We love the concept because we can sample so many different plates of very well made dishes. We started with two glasses of a Cueto Rioja, Lobster Bisque for me and Clam Chowder for my wife. I had the Iceburg Wedge and my wife had the Mixed Green Salad. I had the Bang Bang Shrimp and she had the Santa Fe Chicken Egg Roll. We finished the evening with a Key Lime Tart and a Warm Apple Pie. All was delicious and Amanda provided excellent service and was a great help guiding us thru the evening. We will be back again and again when in Banner Elk.Special Features:
- My favorite place in the high cntryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We come back to Zuzda's every summer and winter! We recommend the cheese platter, filet, french onion soup, artichokes, shrimp, bread w/ roasted garlic, tempura veggiesSpecial Features:
- Satisfactory Dining Experiencemlbp5Dined on 6/18/2014Food was decent, menu has good variety of dishes & plenty to choose from for every member of your party. Service was good.
- Wil return for food but eat outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014First visit for 4 of us, can't believe it has been there so long and we had not heard of it. We will be back for the food but will prefer to eat outside on the large patio. The inside decor is rather dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!StumpjumperDined on 6/4/2014Been coming to Zuzda's for a few years now - every time I make it to the Banner Elk area - and it never disappoints. Take your time and work your way through its extensive menu of tapas - the seafood selections especially - but save room for dessert. The Pineapple Tempura with Caramel Rum Sauce is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experienceVegaquarianDined on 5/24/2014Small plates are always a unique and fun way to dine. Lots of veg options too! Interesting plates to choose from and most very good. Would not recommend the black bean cake. Also service was a little slow but holiday weekend so...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the Zuzda reviews archive.
- Love ZuzdadlscDined on 3/21/2014With over 100 choices on their tapas menu, you can never get tired of eating here. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!RomaDined on 3/15/2014Our party of 4, 2 were starved,2 looking for light meal. Perfect fit. Terrific variety of delicious food. Everyone got something different, everyone was happy. Looking forward to going back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitfoodfor2Dined on 3/15/2014We love to visit each time we are in Banner Elk. Can't wait for the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Adventure in Banner ElkdsnwDined on 3/1/2014We have eaten at Zuzdas many times when vacationing in the area. The experience is alway good. Nicely varied tapas menu, each item fresh and well prepared, properly attentive staff, and good pacing. The dining room is pretty much one area, and not large, so probably not the best choice for large groups. Excellent choice for couples and small adventurous groups though. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The vegetarian tapas selectionshappydinerDined on 2/15/2014The vegetarian tapas selections are outstanding and our server, Katie, was the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderful!FoodTravelDined on 2/1/2014Was in Boone for one night, and am so glad that we ate at Zuzda! I have been to the area many times and have never been here before. I will definitely come back to let my friends and family experience this restaurant! We tried about 9 small plates and absolutely loved each dish! Katie, our server was attentive, helpful, and made our evening flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zuzda B DayBoots73Dined on 1/24/2014Went to Zuda for 40th Birthday on 1/24/14.. Hate that they havent been seating anyone upstairs. The downstairs dining room is just so outdated. So when we came in and saw there was room in the bar instead of the dining room we opted to sit in there. The bartender also our waitress was outstanding and very laid back yet attentive.. The food there has always been good. Just update the dining room guys. Thank you again to our bartender...she made it a great night!Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperiencetravelnutDined on 1/18/2014Zuzda's has an excellent atmosphere and a lot of potential but we were very disappointed. Our reservation was at 8:00 pm we did not get any food until 9:20 pm. Terrible service. We were very disheartened with the experience.
- Good Food Bad ServiceAnthonyVIPDined on 1/11/2014We had several plates being that it is a Tapas restaurant. Every plate we had was very good. The only down side was the service not sure if it was the server we had but the service was very slow (even though the restaurant was overly busy).Special Features:
- ZuzdaLnd1127Dined on 1/11/2014Love coming to Boone just to be able to go eat at zuzda.. My favorite place with a great selection of food & great desserts!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok restaurantGonzoDined on 12/31/2013Had dinner New Years Eve 2013. The food was pretty good, not great but certainly not bad. The best thing we had was the chicken risotto. The restaurant is a little run down inside, service was ok. Had to wait at least 15 minutes for our first glass of wine, but service was better after that. We and others at two other nearby tables were all cold and forced to wear our jackets while we dined - was probably 65 in the restaurant.
- We have been to Zuzda's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We have been to Zuzda's several times. The food is delicious. The bill can add up quickly, though. I think a few years ago more small dishes were offered. We went with another couple for a 6:15 reservation on New Year's Eve and although some of the meals came out in a fairly reasonable time, one person waited one hour for his bowl of jambalaya. He sat there while we ate. I feel that that is excessive, and it might be a good customer relation idea to bring a little dish of something in the meantime...or perhaps a complimentary drink. We will most likely return to Zuzda's, but I hope things run a bit smoother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite part of the tripPaulCDined on 11/16/2013I always make sure I dine at Zuzda each time I visit Beech Mt. Always a high point of the visit!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapas!iheartfoodDined on 11/6/2013We love this restaurant. Often tapas has a Spanish flair. We really enjoy that Zuzda does not. There are so many delicious tapas to choose from. The almond crusted trout was cooked to perfection. The filet is always a top choice. The brie with caramel sauce is talked about for months to come. We first were here a year ago and talked about it for a year and finally made our way back up to visit. It was just as good as we remembered if not better! Perfect anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas type facilityCANYAKVIPDined on 11/3/2013Zuzda's is terriffic and provides just the perfect atmosphere for a special occasion. When we are in this part of the country, everyday is special!!! The bree is delicious followed by the a wide assortment of small plate items!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSusanDined on 10/25/2013We found Zuzda's a few months ago. We had not eaten tapas before and were excited to try it. We were amazed at the amount of choices on the menu.The food was very good. We have since been there two additional times and brought other people with us. All have enjoyed the food as well as the atmosphere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLisaDined on 10/20/2013Food was fantastic! Service was excellent. Will definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varietyTruluckyDined on 10/5/2013Dinner was good. Exceptional soft shell crab, especially since we were not on the coast. Creme brûlée and cheese cake were especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday WeekendbrunchgirlDined on 9/21/2013Spent the weekend in Banner Elk for a birthday and we ate here on a Sat night. As far as the restaurant itself, not too busy which was nice, the tables are too close together and has a little musty smell about it. The menu has a ton of choices. We got salads and soup to start and each got a small plate too. Was good but nothing spectacular. My bacon wrapped shrimp was really just shrimp with bacon on top of it. Would be willing to give it another try if we ever get back up there, only because there were so many options to try.Special Features:
- Great food AND service.dtregDined on 9/9/2013This was our first visit to Zuzda (and to Banner Elk). Everything we ordered was delicious, and the service was friendly, efficient and perfectly timed. And the Pineapple Tempura was the perfect finish to a fine meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menue, interesting wine listSavtahVIPDined on 9/5/2013We didn't expect to find such an interesting men u, especially for us vegetarians, in such a small town. The Veggie Tempura was perfect as were the sauteed mushrooms and the stuffed artichoke hearts. My carnivore husband enjoyed the steak dish too. When the kale turned out to be bitter, it was whisked away, and the charge removed from the bill. Loved the pinot gris from Oregon. Nice cosy atmosphere for me, my husband felt a bit claustrophobic. Very comfortable chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always great, tablesDianeDined on 9/1/2013It's always great, tables a little too close. I think the owner should think about make some changes inside to make more roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantdlscDined on 8/31/2013Zuzda is our favorite restaurant in Banner Elk. We always have dinner there when we travel to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday NiteHappyDinerDined on 8/26/2013Food was great, service excellent and the brownie for the birthday girl a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.