Zutto Japanese American Pub
77 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Zutto Japanese American Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuttonyc.com/
- Phone: 2122333287
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 60 People
- Private Party Contact: Joel Yulo 2122333287
A word from Zutto Japanese American Pub
Japanese American Restaurant features a delicious selection of Ramen, Sushi, and many other Japanese inspired american dishes. We also have a great selection of sake, beer, and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zutto Japanese American Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/1/2014do NOT get sushi/sashimi here - they're known for their ramen and pub / izakaya style food.Special Features:
- Ramen CravingLizzieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had a serious ramen craving and found this diamond in the rough. Amazing food and atmosphere, will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steamed buns!FoodAdventuressDined on 9/15/2014The highlight of my meal was the steamed buns: the pork belly and short rib were excellent. The duck ramen was good, and I liked the broth and the crispy duck. The tonkotsu ramen, however, was too ginger-y for my taste. The noodles were also not the chewy, hearty ramen noodles that I love. They seemed more like pasta-type noodles. We tried the banana bread pudding dessert, and the crunchy top of the bananas were a great surprise. Service was fast and helpful, although the busboy was hovering a little bit too closely that I felt a bit rushed, perhaps because it was not that busy.Special Features:
- Can't beat the ramen or steam bunskidsnaveDined on 8/30/2014This is out go-to when we want great ramen, steamed buns and other Japanese comfort food. We recommend it to everyone and have taken many friends and family members there, some multiple times. Never heard of anyone who didn't think it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time!rpaderaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were in NYC for the weekend and were looking for a nice dinner spot in our hotel's neighborhood. Zutto was walkable distance from the Smyth Hotel, and the area around the restaurant wasn't busy. We were seated right away and the waiter was ready to take our orders. Everything service-wise ran smoothly! The food was good, and the portions were definitely shareable. If I were to come back, I think I would try the sushi.Special Features:
- WaitttttttGemmaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was okay at this place, however their ramen was not quite authentic. The slow services made the meal excruciating. I doubt I would return to this place.Special Features:
- excellent ramenartyjoopDined on 8/15/2014I absolutely love zutto. Their ramen is perfect and the broth is amazing. So hearty and always delicious! Why wait 2 hrs for ippudo when you can come here and be seated quick with ramen that's just as good if not better! Love the pork belly and short rib buns as well. The edamame is always unique and delicious with the perfect char. The manager even gave us a free dessert because he so politely asked us to move our table. This place is always a ten everytime i visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatjackieDined on 8/13/2014I have never had a bad experience, the staff is super friendly and accommodating. The service was great and they were helpful with explaining the menu. I would say def check it out and get one of the buns!Special Features:
- Exciting Food, Perfect AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Waiter was friendly yet solicitous. Lighting just right. The food was extraordinary and the disparate parts fit together so well. We reversed the usual order of plates, beginning with sushi and ending with bun. The evening was perfect because the four of us wanted to talk and share delicious food - and that's what we got.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Zutto Japanese American Pub reviews archive.
- Best Steamed Buns!love4goodfoodDined on 6/7/2014Not only was I enthralled by the amount of options on the menu in itself and for the buns, I was also happy to find that when I finally selected my order of the Portobello Buns, they were delicious. A personal favorite among the table was the caramelized brussel sprouts, a great combination of sweet and salty. Zutto was extremely accommodating. We had to reschedule our reservation due to lateness within the group. The staff was extremely amicable and helped us to find a table, regardless of our constant changes. The decor was perfect for a night out with friends, it made the restaurant cozy, yet very open. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a quiet meal with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go elsewherehelloDined on 5/24/2014asian food cooked by asians serving non-asians. so basically bad ramen for non-ramen eaters. go elsewhere. overrated on yelp got suckered because of it.
- Changed over the years...Slou23Dined on 5/17/2014Benn to Zutto's back in the early 90's and then menu has changed. Now menu has 2 two pages of food and 3 pages of drinks. Our son did not appreciate it and so he barely ate dinner. The rest of the party enjoyed the food and the service. We will probably not go back with our son but will go back just the adults.Special Features:
- Long time, no seeRhodroDined on 5/16/2014Haven't been back in years, though I've lived in Tribeca since 1978. Since Japanese food is not a favorite, I chose other places to dine. I understood there were changes here and decided to give it a try. Enjoyed the menu offers and the evening. Service was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely returningcalamityjanedoeDined on 5/16/2014This is a nice place with good food and good ambience. I originally came here after Yelp-searching a good place for ramen, and I was not disappointed! Friendly, attentive waitstaff, hearty food, and comfortable dining experience--can't expect anything more.Special Features:
- Dinner with six of usCynSVIPDined on 5/11/2014We ordered a variety of appetizers and small plates, and thought they were all wonderful. The zutto pork buns and cod buns were great, the rock shrimp was delicious, the calamari was enjoyed by all, although it is a little sweet, perfectly cooked pork dumplings... The one (very picky) negative was that they brought everything all at once. It would have been better if we could have had time to savor the dishes instead of gobbling everything down at once. It was just so good, and of course you want to eat it while it's hot. Really, everything we tried was delicious. Go!Special Features:
- The french fries are good too!BartDined on 5/11/2014Generally solid reliable neighborhood sushi restaurant.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC FOOD & SERVICE!DJJ1988Dined on 4/28/2014I recently celebrated my 26th birthday at this restaurant. I would looking for a great Japanese Ramen Noodle. And they had a great selection of ramen, sushi. Food was amazing and very fulling. The service was so OUTSTANDING! I server was so sweet, and so was the hostess and the food runners and everyone. I will definitely be going back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service when they are busyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014but even better when they are not. same with food, seems BEST when it is not a mad house. Obviously saturday night is a challenge for any restaurant, but when you are used to the food and service of an ordinary night, you might be a little spoiled.. all in all, zutto has great food and sushiSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood Japanese spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/3/2014Extensive Japanese menu ranging some ramen, to buns, sushi and other small plates. Definitely go for the pork buns and the Zutto fried rice.Special Features:
- Not badOkidok19Dined on 3/21/2014I am not huge into ramen but some time to time I do crave. There are some spots definitely do better ramen or sushi in the city, but most of them, you need to wait for at least half an hour or so and they usually don't take rsvp. Here, they take rsvp so I don't need to wait for seating and for the price, food was pretty good too. Def will go again, but maybe not with people who can be too critical with food.Special Features:
- The food was really good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014The food was really good but we made a reservation on Open Table and we didn't get seated for another ten minutes after our reservation time/ and we arrived early.Special Features:
- Go elsewhere for ramen and sushiCookerVIPDined on 3/8/2014I had pretty high expectations since it had decent reviews on open table and was in New York. Unfortunately, it wasn't up to par. While the tonkatsu ramen broth was decent along with toppings, I've had much better versions in Philly, particularly when it came to the noodles, which in Zutto's case looked like white spaghetti ( not the good yellow ones). My friend ordered sashimi and it was run of the mill - it was cut way too thick and was overpriced. We got lucky with the server; the table next to us did not ( i.e. Really slow). Also, just because you had reservations there, it didn't mean you had a table waiting; the couple who came in after us had a reservation at the same time as us but didn't get seated for at least 20 minutes.
- Zutto Ramen is a mustRVluvsfoodDined on 2/8/2014Unlike the wait and over crowded restaurants in New York, Zutto Ramen proved to be quite the contrary. The space is nice and open, no crowds or lines, yet lively and energetic. The ramen was very delicious not to mention the array of steamed buns with different fillings as well as a good list of sushi on the menu. Drink were affordable to the point you might as well order pitches of beer. Over dining experience was fun and pleasant as the team there was very attentive and friendly. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and kind of trendy ramen spotgreenmachine80VIPDined on 2/8/2014I've been to sutton a few times. It always has a healthy crowd but never quite packed that you have to wait long for a table. I love their buns, I've tried a few different and the short ribs are my favorite. The spicy miso is my favorite ramen, but I think they are all pretty good. Servers are quick and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Food...Service not so muchFoodie2BDined on 2/4/2014Been to Zutto a few times...the sushi and ramen are great and the atmosphere is very laid back and comfortable. Its always a great go to place for a nice dinner. The problem over and over is the service. They are very slow. I also always get the feel that they are trying to upcharge the bill and add on extras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious hostsMidtownMattVIPDined on 1/30/2014With multiple friends coming in from out of town, finding a place that would appease everyone was a fitting task for me. The local ;) After arriving late, we were offered a huge table to set up camp. We ordered everything possible and we're not disappointed. Everything was delicious and well presented. I love it when a plan comes together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad noodleJPloverDined on 1/28/2014Four people had a dinner here. Appetizers were good. Menu and quality of those were very similar to Ippudo Ramen. But noodle was very bad quality. I have never had this much low quality noodle ever in Manhattan. It was like powderish. The raw material itself was bad or it was cooked long before it was served.
- DeliversTodeeVIPDined on 1/22/2014Everything is good. Spicy miso soup is a winner. Sushi is fine. Buns are solid.
- Asian fusion tapasSFOtoNYCtravellerDined on 1/18/2014This wasn't quite as Japanese as the name of the establishment states. It was more of an Asian fusion, with elements of Chinese and Korean mixed in. Which is a good thing. The food was outstanding, and the wine list was surprisingly comprehensive. The service on this trip was off, as we decided to do tapas style and share things. The servers didn't speak much English, and didn;t seem to understand very well. By the time we figured out that they had yes'd us we missed the opportunity to have an entree, and when they cleared our plates they didn't understand when we asked to save certain items to go. The service wasn't rude or even bad, just, ummmm, foreign? But the food was outstanding, and I'd definitely go back for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and moreskibaumVIPDined on 1/4/2014This place never disappoints. My boys had great sushi and my wife and I had Ramen. It was all deliciousSpecial Features:
- AuthenticPhilCTDined on 12/13/2013Casual place in Tribecca but the food is very well prepared. It's a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Zutto continues to pleaseFleanceVIPDined on 12/12/2013I love this restaurant. I've been there three times. I order an assortment of menu items, then depending on appetite, order more. The buns are delicious as is the papaya salad. The peppers are the best! The sushi is topnotch. We went here on a freezing winter's night, but in the summer it's a lovely place to dine outside. One of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Great ramen and pork buns!mh47VIPDined on 12/6/2013The ramen at this place is awesome! The broth is really good, they soak it for 24 hours. The pork buns are great too!Special Features:
- I don't know much about JapaneseJeanVIPDined on 11/23/2013I don't know much about Japanese food, but I'm looking forward to learning. We had the kobe buns as recommended and it was like eating a fantastic, gourmet hamburger slider - - yum! lots of tasty edamame as an appetizer.The chicken ramen was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get betterNathanDined on 11/15/2013We were looking for a lively spot with great food for a group of seven on a Friday night in Tribeca. Mission impossible, right? Nope. Zutto's food, service and scene were all 5/5. Every item was great. We met some great people at the table next to us, the room invites interaction. Smiles all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!nihonryouri4thewinDined on 11/9/2013Requested a quiet place and a birthday candle with dessert for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. They seated us right away in a corner that was moderately quiet. Kobe beef buns were a bit pricy but amazing! Ramen was pretty good--for some reason he got about 3 times as many noodles as I did in his tonkotsu ramen. Birthday dessert with a candle was on the house, and two of them came to sing Happy Birthday! I was not expecting that, so that was very nice! I already recommended this Zutto to a friend, and I'd be interested in coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi, Buns and Ramen Oh My!LinderfDined on 10/17/2013Get the Panko Eel and Crazy Saki rolls.....have eaten these two sushi rolls every time I've gone because they are so good! Also love the Gang Nam Style Buns!Special Features:
- A lucky findsfjephDined on 10/10/2013While visiting New York, our friends had a taste for sushi... yikes! A sushi request when I haven't had time to properly research, test, etc.? We saw a couple of good reviews for Zutto, it was within walking distance of our accommodations and we took a chance. We were happy to arrive to find our table ready as the restaurant was full. The staff was friendly, fun, welcoming and on top of things! The food was good, but the ambience won us over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotDustyDined on 9/7/2013This is a great local restaurant in TriBeCa. Known for their steemed buns and ramen, but the sushi is also very good. Good atmosphere and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013Unlike most hole in the wall ramen shops in the city with a long wait list, Zutto was quite spacious and clean. We were a party of 5 and were given the center dining table that was basically a huge picnic table like set-up with large benches. The wait staff was friendly and our server gave us free edamame, on top of our order. The Zutto pork buns are excellent, as well as the spicy miso ramen. I'll be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.