Zurlo's Bistro Italiano
13110 Birch Drive, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68164Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zurlo's Bistro Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zurlos.com/
- Phone: 4028849500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Enzo Zurlo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Large catering menu for large or small groups,on and off site. Italian cuisine. Please check our website at www.zurlos.com for menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Depending on your group size, Zurlo's can accommodate a private dining experience. Please contact Enzo at 402-884-9500.
- Private Party Contact: Enzo 4028849500x
- Entertainment: Live Music every Thursday from 5-8pm
A word from Zurlo's Bistro Italiano
Zurlos is a Bistro with a casual and elegant atmosphere. Our Executive Chef Vicki and her team put their flare and passion for excellent cuisine into every dish they create. The entrée choices change seasonally and use many locally grown foods. Our General Manager, Richard and his front team will greet you with a friendly smile and terrific service. Happy Hour is daily from 3-6:30 and live music on Thursday nights. Zurlo's is a locally owned and operated establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zurlo's Bistro Italiano - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Zurlo's Bistro Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (9)special occasion (7)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- dependably great foodSomanygoodeatssoliltimeDined on 10/18/2014The food has been rich, flavorful, and beautifully plated with every one of our visits. My husband thinks theirs is the best chicken parm he's had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apps and dinnerLoriDined on 10/10/2014We had cheese bites for appetizer they were fantastic. The bread and garlic butter was so good too. My husband had chicken parm which was dry and had too much cheese on top. I had meat pizza was also dry. I would b willing to try again however...liked the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommytbgDined on 10/3/2014The BEST"""" sugu I have had in Omaha ever. 60yrs We had a terrific time and the food was superb... delightful service!!Special Features:
- We will not return!ItalianonFridayDined on 9/26/2014Seating - had to be moved due to cold air blowing on you - as were the next guest that were seated there. Service - Poor! Ordered a bottle of wine and was brought a single glass Informed the waitress and she delivered the bottle. It was not what we had ordered - advised the waitress. She knew and told us that they were out of the wine and this is what the bar gave her. The bread was delivered late, when we were almost done with salads which were swimming in dressing. The bolognese sauce had no flavor - tomato sauce, chunks of tough beef and basil sprinkled on top. The lasagna -lacking in meat and overwhelming with cheese which tasted like Kraft Parmesan cheese. Very disappointing. We will not return.
- 2nd time visit NOT A CHARMSASSDined on 9/20/2014we loved our food the first time - the chicken balsamico was great and my spouse had meat balls with meat sauce over noodles and it was very good. this visit we both had the chicken and it wasn't quite as good as a month ago but still good. however we ordered the bolognese and noodles to go to eat the next day and when we opened it the next day it wasn't anything like our first visit and it was absolutely terrible. so not sure if we will go back again. we had been referring friends there but now won't. too bad.
- disappointmentjg5509Dined on 9/17/2014very poor service. to busy taking care of the patio. it forever to get the entree. I only saw her we she delivered a course. the restaurant was NOT very busy so that not an excuseSpecial Features:
- Ope Table Needs to RemoveBreezewoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have used Open Table for many years. I use Open Table often when in a new City and looking for a place to dine. I find the reviews and the reservation system helpful. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at Zurlo's for on time for an accepted reservation and which conformed to the hours posted on Zurlo's website to find the kitchen closed, the host unapologetic "Did you make your reservation on Open Table"? .This happens all the time"This reservation was for a late dine. I had driven 10 hours. I was in a new City and I drove 8 miles to this restaurant to find them closed. I relied on Open Table to host restaurants that honor the reservations. Isn't that the Open Table brand promise? Open Table needs to remove..
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014It seems the owner change at Zurlo's has made an impact but not for the better. The service was very distracted and one of our party eventually had to go to the bar to get his drink after several reminders to the server. The food tasted pretty good but was missing some of the flavor I would have expected. 8:00 on a Saturday night and the place was pretty empty except the server and the owner kept referring to their lack of service due to "being slammed like this"...??? Won't be back.
- Exceptionally goodRicardoVIPDined on 8/16/2014I flew into Omaha from New York and was looking for a restaurant to seat 12 on a Saturday night . Zurlo's came through with flying colors. The food was fantastic as was the service. It was a New York quality Italian food. A real find in OmahaI would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorablewinesnobVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had the special and it was wonderful. I love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- helpful staffSidSidowDined on 8/9/2014The head chef was out on the floor checking on diners. Even had a long conversaion as we walked out the doorSpecial Features:
- All ways goodMert56Dined on 8/1/2014There are many vegetarian options which are always delicious. The waiters are attentive. The Thursday night live music is a plus if you're able to eat out then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014The food and service was outstanding!! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of restaurantMindbenderDined on 7/17/2014Our waiter was amazing and my Chicken Balsamicco was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the Zurlo's Bistro Italiano reviews archive.
- Nice restaurantTitiMarDined on 6/20/2014We went for dinner last Friday. The food was good (at least our choices). Our waiter was great he provide us an amazing service.Special Features:
- Will go again.dwolffmomDined on 6/14/2014The chicken picata was excellent. The server was friendly. The crab dip was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/19/2014We have dined at Zurlos before and been very pleased. Last Monday night proved to be a very poor experience. We were seated before 6:45 and our entrees did not arrive until 8:20 and all 7 entrees were not placed on the table until 8:30. The waitress was very consilitory, but the restaurant was not busy and very disappointing in our overall experience. The waitress did decrease our total bill but to celebrate a bday it was not memorable in a positive manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014The new owner is doing a great job maintaining the things that made Zurlo's great, and still bringing her own personal stamp on the business.Special Features:
- good food but overpricedfoodieVIPDined on 5/14/2014This was our first visit and while the food was good, it was a bit overpriced for what you actually get. The service was very good, however.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014What a wonderful place to take family and friends. Relaxing with fantastic unique dishes for everyone. Don't miss thus chance.Special Features:
- too expensive & too noisyeatsoutoftenDined on 5/7/2014While our entrees were excellent, the canolli & gelato were not. The gelato was vanilla ice cream, nothing more. Credit to the chef for wonderful flavor combinations but very few reasonably priced options for bottles of wine. I seriously doubt we'll return for dinner as $100+ is too much to spend for two to eat Italian in Omaha. There was a large group celebration in the restaurant which Mae it difficult for two people to converse. Perhaps they should have been seated near the kitchen, keeping the noise at one end so the rest of the patrons weren't "sandwiched" by the din. Also, the smell f the neighboring store's cigar smoke was prevalent throughout the restaurant.
- disappointedluv2cookDined on 5/3/2014I was a little disappointed in the restaurant as it had be highly recommended to me by a friend. Maybe it was just the night but we had to wait for our reservation for 10 minutes even though there were open tables as they said the kitchen was backed up. Even after that, the wait for our order to be placed was another 0 or 15 minutes and several minutes to get our water. After we ordered it took at least a half hour to get our food. The food was good, but it was not as great as I had expected. Overall, not sure we will ever go back.Special Features:
- Solid evening with good foodDon2Dined on 5/2/2014The staff was very accomodating. They had the table ready when we arrived and did not stress that the second half of the party was 15 minutes later. It was a busy night in town yet they did not rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!Papio57Dined on 5/1/2014There were 5 of us who ate dinner and we all had something different--everyone enjoyed what they chose!! Desserts were delicious. We will most definitely go back. The evening we were there was live music night and the young man singing was very good. It's always enjoyable to eat at neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightMaydayDined on 5/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Zurlos. We loves the live music- acoustic guitar player sang that night. The atmosphere was relaxed and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food...ish servicelta1Dined on 4/26/2014While the food was absolutely amazing, delicious, and wonderful, our service was severely lackluster. We sat with empty glasses through most of our meal and waited a ridiculous amount of time for our check (after we had requested it). While my experience was probably the exception, not the rule, it still left a sour taste in my mouth. Since this restaurant came so highly recommended, and the food was good, I'll probably give it another try, just not soon.Special Features:
- Great dinnernehuskersDined on 4/25/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Great presentation, and delicious. The server did a good job for the most part, but you should never have to ask for your water glass to be refilled. We will be back.Special Features:
- Second Visit in Four Yearsreba55Dined on 4/22/2014We first visited this restaurant shortly after they opened about four years ago. We felt the food, ambiance, etc. was good but nothing outstanding. After our most recent visit, we feel the same way. With all of the other Italian restaurant options in town, this one rates as just average. We can make our own food at home just as well if not better.
- First Time = DisappointingFirstTimeDinerDined on 4/20/2014With the restaurant less than full on Easter Sunday, we expected a better flow. It took a full 5-minutes for the waitress to appear, and then when she did it seemed she was less than experienced for a restaurant of this caliber. When an order of toast arrived with my omelette, I asked for jam or jelly. She said she thought they might have run out (really?) but would check. She returned with a small cup, proudly proclaiming, "I had to scrape the bottom of the jar and this is all that was left". That certainly made me want to dig in. Given the moderate crowd, the kitchen was slow and the omelette was only fair. This restaurant came highly recommended. We'll give it another try for dinner but won't bother with brunch again.
- bagladyDined on 4/20/2014This was our first trip and everything was wonderful. We will return and try a dinner or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindFremontersDined on 4/12/2014We were very pleased with our Italian 'find' on Saturday. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodomnivoreVIPDined on 4/10/2014One of my fav hangouts in west O. Enzo is the best, as are the owners, Steve and Lori. Love the za!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone enjoyed their entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Everyone enjoyed their entrees. The service was great and we enjoyed the music.Special Features:
- Awesome!Cj210Dined on 3/26/2014We have been here several times and each time was with a party of 12 or more. Food is exceptional and staff are friendly and accomodating. Someone in our party was on a special diet and the waitress was very helpful. Chef Enzo presented our food himself which impressed everyone! He also stopped back to ensure everyone was enjoying their meal. Prices are very reasonable. Pasta is all homemade. Lasagna Enzo, Braised pork, and Chicken Gilda are our top picks Support our local chefs and give Zurlo's a try. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBuzzDined on 3/22/2014Food was very disappointing short on sauce and flavor. Overall wasn't what I expected from a place that I have had great meals and service in the past! Probably won't go back!Special Features:
- Great evening, great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Great evening, great food. Plentiful dishes, braised pork was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Zurlo's severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014We have been to Zurlo's several time, always excellent food and excellent service. Very consistent.Special Features:
- Best Pasta in OmahaFoodSnootyDined on 3/8/2014All of the pasta is homemade and excellent flavor. Got to try the meatball appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music was great but way tookcbartDined on 3/6/2014Music was great but way too loud. Couldn't carry on conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent.rrullu98Dined on 2/27/2014Food is always excellent. Music on Thursday evenings is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.