7 North Market Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zumatexmexgrill.com/
- Phone: 6173679114
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Ssaturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for our 20th anniversary. We will have a special menu with 1989 prices for the entire month of November. Margaritas for $3.99, Chicken Fajita for $7.99 and many others great deals.
A word from Zuma Tex-Mex
Zuma Tex-Mex is a Quincy Market favorite. Zuma's satisfies its clientele with Mexican-American comfort favorites. Enjoy fruity margaritas, sizzling fajita platters, overstuffed burritos and heaping plates of nachos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zuma Tex-Mex reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fab findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Second time eating at Zuma. Fantastic place with lovely friendy waiters. Great for family's. Tasty authentic food which is so reasonably priced and great cocktail list. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Great Night Out!ZoMasterDined on 10/10/2014The location is great! However, it is the authentic food, great service and margaritas that are to die for that sets Zuma apart.Special Features:
- casual dinnerrailwayexpressDined on 10/10/2014We had an excellent dinner. Service was great, good was great, timing of service was perfect.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDiningoutisfunDined on 9/27/2014Food was medium quality. Ok for a quick spot when hungry. Fine for families, groupsSpecial Features:
- Good margarita and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Was looking for somewhere to go that still had open reservations and was pleasantly surprised it was great. Food was good usual mexican. The queso dip was delish! Good service and would go back!
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014I've been going to Zuma's for years and I love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Texan loves Zuma Tex MexFoodieTexaninBostonDined on 8/12/2014This was my second time going to Zuma and I loved it as much as the first time. Great atmosphere and character and fun environment! Location in Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall makes this a nice inexpensive spot to catch some delicious food and better drinks! Definitely will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodJiniDined on 8/7/2014Zuma is always great. The only issue I had was that this time the A/C wasn't working properly so it was pretty hot in there. Other than that I loved my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ZackDined on 8/3/2014I have visited on multiple occasions and had a great time. The menu has amazing things to choose from. The staff is always friendly. A great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Zuma Tex-Mex reviews archive.
- Delicious!JiniDined on 5/15/2014Lovely food and beverages that are reasonably priced. This is a regular spot for my friends and I to go and have great food without breaking the bank. Amazing place for a tourist area! Love it.Special Features:
- Great burrito!!Rebecca11887Dined on 5/5/2014I went there on cinco de mayo - the crowd was moderate, but I was there at an earlier time (5:30PM), it definitely started to fill in as the night went on. I had a cactus bowl, because I don't do margaritas and it was delish! Unfortunately the last one I had had too much lime juice and I couldn't drink it... The chips and salsa they bring out are great, the chips aren't too salty and the salsa was quite flavorful. For my entree I got the Juarez Burrito which was nothing shy of amazing. The beef inside was wonderful for a burrito, it tasted like it was short rib meat! It was tender and easy to eat. All in all this was a great meal! Our server was on point as well, attentive but not overbearing and served us well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServicenightoutwithfriendsDined on 2/8/2014I recently went to Zuma with a few friends and had a terrible experience. The service was awful, our server scowled if we asked for a water and took forever to bring it- meanwhile there were only a few other tables occupied. After our food was brought out she never came back to check if everything was alright. My enchiladas were also extremely burnt. I'm not one to complain but it was just overall a bad experience which is dissapointing because I've been there previously and had a great experience.
- Meh.DanielleVIPDined on 2/8/2014Made reservations for 8:00PM and arrived right on time. There was a line up the stairs when we got there and no hostess to help anyone. It took about 5 minutes to get someones attention. There was a waitress working the "bar area" and she passed by us at least a half a dozen times making sure not to make eye contact with us. Finally my husband was able to stop a busboy who saw our reservation in the computer and said he would be right with us. After another 5 minutes of waiting my husband stopped him again to ask the status of our table. Apparently he had forgotten and finally cleared a table for us to sit at. I most likely would not return to this restaurant. There are a lot of other great tex/mex places that can be found around our city.Special Features:
- Great for the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/1/2014I loved that I could make reservations for 7pm on a Saturday night for 5 people! Food and drinks were great and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBig40CelebrationDined on 1/25/2014Went out Saturday night for cousin's big 40 birthday. Group of 10. Did not make reservations ahead of time. After trying several restaurants with loooong waits, used OpenTable for reservations. Good to decent food. Guacamole was good, ribs had good flavor but were a little dry. Best part was that they had room for a large group. Worst part was the $35 parking fee for an hour and a half of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a large group!RacheyPDined on 1/25/2014I always love Zuma, especially with a big group of people! My whole party from out of town loved the food, margarita's and the cheap bill for so many. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Amazing Tex-MexJiniDined on 1/25/2014Love Zuma: beyond reasonable pricing (even for Boston) and really great house margaritas. Went there for my birthday celebration and the staff was accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- The answer was always "no"JenErosityVIPDined on 1/11/2014It was ok, but just barely. No Gluten Free indication on menu, No accommodation. Really, it seemed like every question we asked the waitress got "no" for an answer. It was kind of weird. It's probably ok for drinks and snacks, or a late night taco... unless you want the steak taco al acarte, in which case the answer will be "no".
- Not very impressedDannyVIPDined on 1/3/2014I went here on a whim with a few of my friends and the place was absolutely dead. I could count on one hand how many other people were there besides us, which is strange for a restaurant in the city on a Friday night. The food was average at best but they give you a good value for it. The service was incredibly well, but only because we were one of 3 tables being served.Special Features:
- A deal in a tourist trapjaniedelaneyDined on 12/28/2013It was great to be able to bring my three teenage boys out and not break the bank The Christmas lights were gorgeous and the food was terrific - tons of it- at a great price - I would highly recommend Also - I got the four dollar margarita which was good - they tried to talk me into the more expensive but it was just fine for me. I got the fajita - yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningFoodieVIPDined on 12/27/2013Food typical for Tex Mex. Ordered Rye Whiskey and they had none. Hottest category in liquor. Waitress very good and she suggested the Sausage which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and foodTakeoutDined on 12/21/2013Took waiter of 20 minutes to come to table. Manager/owner was rude and entire staff had a frown on their faces. Food came cold and overcooked.
- Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013We had a reservation for dinner on a Sunday evening. Our table was ready when we arrived. Great selection on the menu which included pitchers of margaritas. Food was hot and tasty. Service was a little slow, but that's OK, we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- This is a decent option ifOutoftownerVIPDined on 12/15/2013This is a decent option if near Faneuil Hall...came for lunch, and had enchiladas, and chorizo+buffalo chicken+carnitas+shrimp tacos (4 different ones) - can't remember which was my favorite, but there was a clear winner. For a city with pretty poor Mexican options, this one is at least better than average, and fairly affordable too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really average!DissapointingVIPDined on 11/30/2013Even in a city that isn't known for great Mexican food, you can do much better than Zuma Tex-Mex. Nothing against this place, it is what it is but just don't go here expecting great food.
- Typical Mexican Bar and GrillTravelGirlVIPDined on 11/24/2013The restaurant is down a tiny windy flight of stairs - - and they also opened about 10 minutes late. We were also put off by the very dark and bar-like atmosphere. Our server was nice but did nothing out of the ordinary and was slow serving both food and drinks. The Neon margaritas were good and the flavor was excellent (banana). Restaurant serves a mix of Mexican and bar food. BBQ pork platters were plentiful but food was underseasoned and there was a lack of sauce. Beef Gordo and Enchiladas were excellent and perfectly spiced. A very uneven showing but good enough to come back - probably great for late night meals. Located in Faneuil Hall and therefore very touristy.Special Features:
- Great Tex-MexMrsMDined on 10/31/2013Burrito was excellent, fajitas were spot on/. Margaritas were not too bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2013I work in the area and took one of my team out for lunch....Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!JerseyJDined on 10/26/2013Went there for the first time for a girls night out. The location is perfect and the ambiance was fabulous! We ordered the nachos, 7 layer dip, chicken and beef tacos, and a salad to share and everything was delicious! We ordered pitchers of their red sangria and watermelon margaritas.. Amazing! We all can't wait to return for another reasonable, great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out on the townBostonFamily1Dined on 9/28/2013All told, the meal, restaurant and service were unremarkable. Not bad, just not memorable. We had hoped to come downtown to Fanieul Hall and have a fun night out with our kids. The food was OK (fajitas, tacos, grilled chicken), but unlikely we'd return. Room was decorated in standard tex/mex theme, and folks at bar area seemed to be having a good time. Seems to be more focused on pushing diners through, than ensuring a memorable experience. Perhaps because of the heavy tourist scene, repeat customers are not the prioirity.Special Features:
- Nothing specialCarolineVIPDined on 9/27/2013Average Tex Mex restaurant with decent service and better than average drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very affordable and very delicious.SusieDined on 9/21/2013very affordable and very delicious. great atmosphere. went for my sisters bachelorette party and it was the perfect setting for it. fun, vibrant and filled with other large groups of people. great place!Special Features:
- Ordinary food but very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2013The food here was quite ordinary, the noise level was high, and not much ambiance.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2013Had a great meal here on a busy Saturday night! We had about 13 in our group. They were able to accommodate us well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unexpected bargainJackyDined on 6/22/2013Went to dinner Saturday night at 5pm since we were taking a Harbor Cruise at 8pm. 1/2 price apps from 4 to 6 with the order of a $4 or higher drink. Margaritas started at $4. They also offer Margarita pitchers. We ordered about 5 different apps to share. There was sooo much food I actually said to the waiter why didn't you tell me we were ordering too much food. Dinner for 2 with drinks on a Saturday night in Faneuil Hall - $35. How can you beat that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked it, the perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I liked it, the perfect place to catch up with old friends.Special Features:
- We place our food order beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013We place our food order before we arrived and it worked out great. Sometime when we have a large party (6) we don't always get our food and have a chance to eat it in the 1 hour lunch we have. This was fantastic. We had our drinks within 5 minutes of being seated and our food within a few minutes after that.This made lunch so much easier I know we will choose Zuma's more often.Special Features:
- Service was good,felt likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Service was good,felt like you were eating in a basement though. It was cold the whole time, and it didn't Help that it was freezing outside. The food wasn't exceptional. The drinks were strong which made up for a lot of annoyances. Overall three ate plenty other Tex mex's i can go to that would satisfy every category.Special Features:
- Not recommended. Had theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Not recommended. Had the Skinny Margarita, which was awful. I believe that they added club soda in the margarita as filler. Ordered the fish tacos, probably got 4 ounces of fish spread throughout three tacos. Corn tortillas were not doubled and hence my taco fell apart. The salsa was an abomination. The bulk of the salsa consisted of canned whole tomatoes. Even if you are looking for a cheap Mexican dinner I would not recommend.
- Super fun, great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Super fun, great place to get drinks. Though you may be tempted to go for the cheapest pitcher of margarita's on the menu, the extra few dollars you throw down are well worth it. Love!Special Features: