Zucchero e Pomodori
1435 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zucchero e Pomodori
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zuccheroepomodori.com/
- Phone: 2125852100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Quisti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: The entire dining room is available for private events.
A word from Zucchero e Pomodori
Recently bestowed with an Award of Distinction for its delicious menu and exceptional dining atmosphere, Zucchero e Pomodori provides subtle surroundings featuring marble tiled floors and wood beams which all add to a wonderful dining experience at surprisingly affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zucchero e Pomodori reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Really nice ItalianMllenDined on 8/26/2014We were really satisfied with the food, it was wonderful. I had the fresh spinach pasta with basil sauce and it was fantastic, I didn't leave a morsel. The caesar was also very good. My friends had the salmon and veal special and both were very happy. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Poor responseLBearVIPDined on 8/23/2014The pasta dish arrived with a hair on the edge of the plate. Need I say more? The wait person offerred a glass of wine. Really?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Great little neighborhood Italian, great red sauce, Mama's chicken parm. Efficient service, nice Ital wines by the glass.Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014This is my go to Italian on the UES. Great service. Consistent. Just love the food.Special Features:
- Great food, spotty service.ApsaraDudeVIPDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was crowded and very noisy when we arrived and the hostess seemed overwhelmed. After waiting about 10 minutes despite having a reservation, I almost left but we were able to get seating outside. It then took another 20 minutes or so to place our orders, but the food came promptly but without silverware. After two requests and another several minutes, I did get silverware and was able to enjoy the food which was quite good, except for the salad which was overly simple for the price and lacking dressing. I did have to ask twice for dressing which took about 10 minutes to come. The pastas and specials were delicious, but you may want to spare yourself the bad service and order in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grappa was one of the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Our dinner was a very pleasant experience. Kids had the home made pasta w/ meat sauce, delicious. I had the veal chop w/ mushrooms and my husband had the sirloin. They were both cooked to our taste and all dishes were very hot when served. The staff was attentive and service was very quick. Our dinner was at 6:30 and restaurant was quiet. resturant started filling up as we finished w/ our dinner. Would definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable and very goodHate2cookVIPDined on 7/8/2014The food is very good, the portions very generous and the prices very reasonable. The night we were there, however, it was terribly noisy, as there was a large party of about 15 who had never heard of using inside voices. Hard to have conversation. The restaurant was full and service was somewhat slow and inattentive. I would go back, however, based on quality of the food in the hopes that we just hit it on a bad night re noise and service.Special Features:
- Love this placeRelentlessVIPDined on 7/4/2014Steady, dependable, generous portions, good bread and dip, nice service, not too expensive, worth going to regularly and always another special. ONLY criticism, the tomato sauce is too salty in the spaghetti, veal and chicken parmigana and eggplant. Otherwise delightful and we're regularsSpecial Features:
- Great As UsualDavidIVIPDined on 6/21/2014Z e P was great as usual. Their focaccia bread alone is worth a visit. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBB2014Dined on 6/15/2014Hearty Tuscan meals that are tasty!! I always enjoy eating here and the service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and priceLanamdrDined on 6/7/2014We had a lovely time there. The food was fantastic and the servers were very nice. They even had a small outdoor section but we were too hungry to wait. The portions aren't huge but that's how it should be. The prices were very reasonable especially for the feel of fine dining. I feel like I found our "go to" Italian place and I can't wait to keep coming back. The Cheese Tortellin were so good (I love cheese). My boy friend for the spaghetti and meatballs. He loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TellieEllieVIPDined on 6/6/2014As usual, food and service were excellent. Due to health issues, certain dishes had to be made without cream, butter or cheese. There was no problem having olive oil substituted in the baked clams (yummy) and the homemade spinach linguine with assorted seafood! Great prices, too. They also make one of the best martinis in town!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2014This is our local "go to" pasta restaurant. Consistent, good portions, attentive service and affordable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueRockyroadVIPDined on 5/26/2014If you want good food at very cheap prices- this is your place. Try it and you will not regret it !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper East side gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014The restaurant has a very comfortable and relaxed setting to it, and the wait staff follows that lead. The food was very good, and very creative. The portions were generous and served with excellent timing. We never felt rushed. We really enjoyed the total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodRelentlessVIPDined on 5/24/2014always dependable, good bread, nice service, great veal, good plentiful pastas, so so desserts but doesn't matter, we love the veal hereSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerfoodreviewsDined on 5/13/2014the food was excellent! we really enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavidIVIPDined on 5/9/2014I highly recommend Zucchero e Pomodori. Everything about the meal was great. Their focaccia bread is off the charts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the Zucchero e Pomodori reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and service is also excellent. I highly recommend this venue.Special Features:
- Up until our last visit thisKriegsVIPDined on 4/12/2014Up until our last visit this restaurant provided exceptional value. Our last meal reflected a quality more in keeping with the price, however.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014Needed a place for a reasonably priced restaurant with really good Italian food for a group of my friends and relatives from out-of town. Everyone loved it!!!! The classics, wonderful specials for the day. Could not have asked for more. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2014Can't imagine getting a better value for the price at lunch.Special Features:
- Perfect on cold nightgourmettaVIPDined on 3/26/2014We went on a cold tuesday night which was wonderful because it was not crowded at all- loved the menu- very eclectic and modern for italian . Salad with pears was absolutely delicious with the crispy bacon and I had the best grilled red snapper ever! The prices are extremely reasonable - and service was a+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loves Italian2dineDined on 3/15/2014The food is great with a large and well selected menu.Special Features:
- Good foodElaineVIPDined on 2/27/2014Great neighborhood gem for locals. Accommodating staff. ReliableSpecial Features:
- Reliable and DeliciousNancyDined on 1/22/2014Sam and the wait staff always make this home. The food is delicious. The service is warm and efficient, and the kitchen is always accommodating. Thanks!Special Features:
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/20/2014I have been to this restaurant many times for dinner and it is always good. But, what a deal for lunch! The choices are great and the price even better. I'm telling everyone in my 'hood about it.Special Features:
- very good neighborhood ItalianDCBillVIPDined on 1/11/2014Had a very enjoyable meal. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was very attentive. Very good neighborhood spot. Not the best Italian, but better than a lot and well priced.Special Features:
- We had a great time! TableNYCeatsDined on 12/21/2013We had a great time! Table for 12 and stayed for over 5 hours just chatting and enjoying our time out as a group. Did not feel rushed to leave and service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemFrankVIPDined on 12/4/2013Good value. Pleasant service. The four of us had different dishes. Delicious pasta, fresh well-prepared fish. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood ItalianTellieEllieVIPDined on 11/22/2013Again, another delicious meal! Great service..great seafood..great pasta!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite "go-to" placeNancyDined on 11/6/2013The food at Zucchero is always wonderful. I've eaten here many dozens of times and have never had a bad meal. Further, the waitstaff could not be more accommodating. I can't recommend Zucchero and Pomodoro strongly enough.Special Features:
- lovely, leisurely lunchrg2324Dined on 10/11/2013Food was excellent, prices amazingly reasonable, and we were not rushed to leave. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantMJZimmer88Dined on 9/26/2013Always able to get a table with never more than a short wait. The food's excellent, the service is fine, it's a nice date restaurant, and even on holidays it's easy to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningheleDined on 8/28/2013Food was very good, service very good, it was not so crowded, which is great, before the weekend holiday it is good to be in the city the restaurant can get noisey when it is full, but food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Favorite PlaceLifelongNYerDined on 8/3/2013I've been going to Zucchero e Pomodori for years and it has never failed to meet or exceed expectations. An intimate setting great for "date nights", family dinners, or even business. I've never taken anyone there who has not loved the place. The staff is attentive without being intrusive, the food is always delicious, and the wine list has even impressed my brother who is a wine aficionado. A "not-so-well-kept" secret and neighborhood gem, I cannot recommend Zucchero enough.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding -SanchoPanzaJrVIPDined on 6/24/2013Service was outstanding - very friendly and efficient. Cannot beat the pre-fixe lunch of 8.95 for two courses (there are add-ons from $1-3). I think next time I might stick with one of their pastas however. Pollo alla griglia was very dry but my husband's fritto misto was very good. Homemade and delicious tirmamisu ($7). Several solo diners in there - it seemed like a cozy spot if you're in the neighborhood (which we were specifically for an appointment.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2013This place has such tasty pastas. The bread and dipping sauce provided is so good there is no need for an app! Rigatoni pollo Pazzo is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time hereTellieEllieVIPDined on 4/26/2013This was our first time here and were truly impressed with the food, the service and the prices. I had wonderful bronzino with clams and mussels in a light tomato sauce that was wonderful and so large that I had to take a portion home ($21).My husband had tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce. Very delicious. We will defnitely return.Special Features:
- Reliable and deliciousNancyDined on 4/24/2013A wonderful neighborhood restaurant. The kitchen and staff are very accommodating and the food is consistently excellent.Special Features: