Zucca Trattoria - Ogden
1479 East 5600 S.
Ogden, UT 84403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zucca Trattoria - Ogden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.myzucca.com/
- Phone: 8014757077x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Elio Scanu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Private Chef service for groups up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate private parties and have several semi-private set ups.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Taylor x
A word from Zucca Trattoria - Ogden
Regional Italian Cuisine with an emphasis on quality ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zucca Trattoria - Ogden - Best Restaurants in Ogden ›
Zucca Trattoria - Ogden reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was very very good. However, the chicken should have been cooked 10 min more.nit was rubbery and a little pink but everything else was outstanding
- Loud MusicNoairsDined on 10/9/2014The food was great- Service great - Music too loud for my tastes - Couldn't carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- rockyDined on 10/4/2014little expensive for dinner,,,,i thought it was over priced for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbiancefridaynightdinerDined on 8/29/2014Great place to entertain out of state guests. The ambiance is great, the staff excellent. You do not feel rushed to finish your meal and leave. The food is wonderful, I love the weekend specials. Over all a jewel in our fair city!Special Features:
- Another great evening.MeatAndPotatoesGuyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyed a lovely meal with dear friends. The food and wine were a great complement to the fabulous fellowship. It hardly seemed like we had been there any time at all when we realized we had been chatting and dining for 3 hours!! Very relaxing place to enjoy excellent cuisine that sets the standard for Northern Utah.Special Features:
- Loved the food!GoodeatsDined on 8/20/2014I haven't had a bad special or menu item yet! All very good tasting! The service is great too! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGreatfoodDined on 8/5/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The sweet potato Raveolio was amazing and the lettuce salad was refreshing. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Zucca Trattoria - Ogden reviews archive.
- Best food in Ogden areaIriepupsfooddishDined on 6/9/2014This is the best food most consistently in the Ogden area. The food is always good and tasty. Everything we have tried here has been very good every time we have come.Special Features:
- Celebration at Zucca'sKimkimDined on 5/29/2014We had a reservation, but had to change it due to graduation ending much earlier than anticipated. They were able to easily change our reservation and had everything ready for us. Friendly staff, yummy bread while waiting, delicious food. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceshellylynnDined on 5/16/2014I came in from out of town and wanted to eat somewhere that was not a fast food chain. I found Zucca and gave it a try. Every aspect from booking the reservation on their website to walking out the door was positive. The atmosphere was fun and lively, the food was phenomenal, and the stafirst was friendly. Would recommend to a friend and will be back.Special Features:
- ChocoDined on 5/16/2014Seafood sampler was amazing . It was wonderful everything I orderd . I would love to go back try other dishes.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in OgdenoldgeezerDined on 5/14/2014We dine out frequently and have been a great fan of Zucca's since it opened. The new chef is even better than before. They frequently have excellent specials, especially on Friday and Saturday. Their use of specialty cheeses and vinegars is particularly good. Their pasta is made in house, and they have some nice pizzas made in their special oven, but it is their interesting use of various sauces, nuts, olives, fruits, and herbs with their dishes, both with pasta and other fare (beef, pork, lamb, salmon, etc.), that we enjoy. Do note that since they prepare everything fresh daily, service can be slow when they are busy, but talk to the wait staff to hear interesting stories and back-grounds. It is a place to be enjoyed at your leisure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucca'spetuniasDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I were not impressed with the food. It was okay, but not what one would expect based on the prices. The salads were just greens and a few vegetables, nothing special. We both had a pasta. Mine was very ordinary with a sausage/tomato sauce. It was okay. My husband had the pasta with fruits de mer. The sauce was good, but it was very short on fruits de mer. Again, we would expect better quality for the price. Our server was very good and attentive. The service was the best part of the meal, unfortunately. We brought our own wine, did not have dessert, and our bill was $70 with a 20% tip. We could go back to try the pizza, but probably won't because we can get excellent pizza for half the price elsewhere.
- As always, great food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We love this restaurant. Read reviews that said service was slow, but we have never had that problem. We love he deli boards for appetizers allowing the chef to pick meats and cheeses, but this time we added grilled eggplant stuffed with ricotta and goat cheese with roasted onions and peppers in a divine fresh sauce. Husband had pork chops in gorgonzola sauce with potato mouselline and green beans which was heavenly. Pork chop was so tender. I had lobster ravioli in vodka sauce with extra lobster meat. Both meals were to die for. Finished up with gelato and coffee which was great as always. I always recmmend this place and go as often as I can, even though it's a tad bi pricey. Service was right on time - never slow...Special Features:
- Great food, great dealKimberlyFVIPDined on 3/19/2014My husband, baby and I frequent Zucca. This last visit was on Wildcat Wednesday where the restaurant offers $8 pizza. It was delicious as usual and our servers were top notch.Special Features:
- Always great food!Et44Dined on 3/15/2014I love their pizza! The other dishes are always great too. The service is hit or miss depending in the time of day & how busy they are, can be a bit slow but always friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014The Restaurant was nice. we had a reservation but still ended up sitting up against the opening to the deli counter. Not the best ambiance for our valentines dinner. The wine selection was good and the mussels were excellent. The food was slow but the service was pretty quick. Our food was still hot when we got it. They were also out of all their gluten free items, which was unfortunate as that was why we had chosen this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for ValentinesscottDined on 2/15/2014We had dined at Zucca Trattoria a couple of years ago and loved it, so we were eager to go back for Valentine weekend. We were really disappointed to find that we only had the option between a four course meal that didn't have super great selections, or a condensed menu. That makes sense for the restaurant in terms of being able to move people through and prepare food quickly, but it's rough on the customer. The food we ordered was pretty good, although my steak was overdone, but we had planned what we wanted to get in advance by looking at their online menu, and were disappointed that our selection wasn't offered on Valentines weekend. We will probably try to go back some time, but definitely not on Valentines again.
- Awesome foodLatinaDined on 2/15/2014This was my first time here and I so happy to say that was so good, the food, the atmosphere, drinks, etc was so awesome, perfect place to go with your couple or group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely doneJohnDined on 2/14/2014Great menu for Valentine's dinner. Wine pairing made it outstanding. We'll definitely visit again!Special Features:
- They ran out if glasses andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014They ran out if glasses and steak knives....really?
- Our First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013Service was outstanding and the restaurant was quiet even though there were many people there so it was a pleasant place to be able to have a conversation. However the food was not up to expectations. The wine was not chilled, the salmon was not cooked through, and the pasta dish was rather meager. Although the first two problems were corrected the subsequent delays detracted from our dining experience.
- Great food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013I enjoyed our visit to Zucca. The Caprese salad was delicious and very big. I could have easily shared it, but I didn't :) They were also really flexible and customized my risotto for me. Everything we had at our table was delicious, but the wild mushroom raviolini was the best. I would go back just to order that. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013I've never written a bad review until now. Our dining experience was beyond horrible. We were seated and left for at least a half an hour before a waiter came to our table and it was only after we asked if a waiter was ever coming that someone did! The food was awful. I ordered a pasta (alfredo) that arrived sticky and thick: I could only eat a couple of bites. Don't waste your hard earned money on this place.
- Disappointed expectationsogdenskierDined on 11/28/2013We were disappointed because they were already out of the dishes we had hoped to order for this Thanksgiving special meal. The restaurant did their best to make it up to us, with a hefty discount and coupons for an appetizer and a dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysVernetteDined on 11/22/2013My favorite thing on the menu is the Butternut Squash Ravioli's! I order them almost every time we go. My husband got the Prime Rib special and it was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful! Highly recommend Zucca's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and ProfessionalMishaDined on 10/18/2013This was my 3rd time dining at this restaurant. I am a very picky eater and found several things on their menu that were right up my alley and at a decent cost. The wait staff is always professional and courteous. We had a group of 8 and didn't wait that long for our food. It was hot and delicious when it reached the table. The server was very prompt with drinks, the refills never lacked. The atmosphere was fun, there was pop music playing and you could tell that everyone was in a good mood. I will definitely be coming back in a group or as a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucca still impressesFoodfanDined on 10/12/2013Another great experience at Zucca. We look forward to the next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadjrichDined on 9/27/2013It is hit and miss with this restaurant. They need to be consistent with their quality. Sometimes the salad contains small lettuce pieces that are blackened and mushy. Our last experience meant sending the food back to the kitchen. I marked that I would recommend the restaurant to a friend but only to have them order the tomato basil bisque soup. That dish is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...pleasantly surprised.GregVDined on 9/14/2013I had driven by Zucca Trattoria many time but never tried it. My first visit showed me that i had been missing out. I had the brunch special Italian Omlett; it was served warm, generously portioned and well seasoned. My date had the Margherita Piazza; served hot and properly cooked...good flavor (although i well say that i like the Margherita piazza from Settebello's better). The service was professional, if a tad slow for the small number of dinners i saw. I feel i got hours value for money and will return to try some other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ogden GemHungry4goodfoodDined on 9/3/2013Visiting from California and stumbled upon this restaurant. Great food for dinner & lunch. Went for dinner then back for lunch the next day. Fresh ingredients & well prepared entrees. Very sophisticated for the area. Pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013We love Zucca! Whenever we want a special night out, it's our "go to" place. We ALWAYS go there on my husband's birthday. But it's also a great affordable place for lunch. You always get delicious, unusual choices at Zucca like squid ink pasta, as well as more pedestrian dishes like fetuccine alfredo (but always with that special ZUCCA touch, never ordinary) for those who might not be as adventurous. We LOVE Wednesday nights...live music, $8 pizzas and $8 pitchers! Wonderful and affordable date night!Special Features:
- One more chance...big mistake.sabejeforteDined on 6/6/2013We used to love Zucca. A surprising gem in the Ogden food scene. That is until a string of disappointments have convinced us to never return. In April we popped in for an impromptu dinner and the food was delightful, but the server consistently got our order wrong and the service was slow. A fluke? In May we decided to try Zucca for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was disappointing and the service was incredibly poor. Even though we had a reservation, we had to wait a half hour after being seated before the waitstaff brought drinks. Even with a set menu we waited and waited for each course and the food wasn't cooked properly. In June we decided to try one last time for a graduation lunch and it was the worst experience yet. Never again.
- Special PlaceTroyDined on 5/1/2013My husband's Christmas Party, for Total Quality Systems, by the owners Tony & Jeanne Pambo, was alot of fun, great food and staff, last Dec. We've bought friends there last week, who loved it. We had a darling waitress, felt a little sorry she was Very Busy!!! Food took a bit long to get...but worth the wait. Music from young man was Great, also.We very much enjoy the Deli, at Zucca's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Dinner OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We have had many great meals here. Especially like the specials and wine pairings. Keep it up.Special Features:
- Food was very tasty. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Food was very tasty. The menu had good variety. Ambience was wide open, but did lend to a bit of noise from neighboring tables. Overall the meal and experience were very enjoyable and an eatery to be revisited.Special Features:
- We love that the menu is everchangiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We love that the menu is everchanging. There is always something new to try and we are rarely dissappointed. The cheese boards are exceptional and the service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- More food please!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Good food! I was hoping for larger serving sizes though (I'm a hungry 17 year old boy).Special Features:
- Will come back here againOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/19/2013Will come back here again but this evening was not as good as I thought it could have been. It does have a notable wine list, however they did not have my first choice, and when he arrived with my second choice he informed us that this was his last bottle of it. I am constantly surprised how often I end up with the last bottle. Thank goodness the plate was warm, the NY Roast was cooked perfectly but it had been waiting for pickup a while by the time it got to me. Asparagus was excellent, as was the chocolate mousse for desert. Ordered coffee that finally got there after desert. I really hope next time they are on top of their game. A lot of potential here!Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Wine!BeckyDined on 12/31/2012Went to Zucca for New Years Eve. Glad we got reservations. Place was packed. Service was very attentive, although a bit slow. The food is traditional Italian with some pizzas thrown in for any picky eaters. My husband had the New York strip, excellent! I had the mushroom ravioli, also excellent. The wine list was impressive, especially for Ogden! This place is a nice neighborhood gem among an area of strip malls. Inside, you don't feel like you are in Ogden. Only critique is lack of healthy food. All the pastas are covered in cream sauce! While the sauces are very good, a few marginally healthy choices would be a good idea.Special Features: