98 Seventh Avenue South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuccanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 255-1980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Giannuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Zucca Trattoria
After 35 years of restaurant experience, Gino and his son Frank have created an "at home" Italian feeling for your dining experience. Located in the heart of the West Village, this truly exquisite experience gives you the decor and warm Italian atmosphere that invites you to try the regional rustic dishes of Italy. Escape the busy streets of New York City and immerse yourself into an atmosphere that could be easily mistaken for an authentic ristorante in Italia. Be guided by the knowledgeable wait staff through a traditional Italian menu, rotating list of creative daily specials and an extensive wine list. Specializing in on and off premise catering for all occasions, the professionals at Zucca Trattoria promise to provide delicious, authentic Italian cuisine with a smile.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zucca Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fine Viallage ItalianNYerVIPDined on 9/12/2012Zuccha is a fine, fun neighborhood Italian. All of the basics of Italian are done well. The service is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal at Zucca.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We enjoyed our meal at Zucca. Good food, authentic and unpretentious. Attentive service. Good value.
- Great little Italian place,FoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2012Great little Italian place, down to earth and great food!
- Staff was very nice. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012Staff was very nice. Food was good. Our table was not ready until 45 min after our reservation but the staff was very apologetic. Our table was a little cramped but we were a large party. Overall was a decent italian place with nice staff.Special Features:
- NYC has more to offer.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2012Service was good & friendly.....food was okay but portion size was very small, I had seabass with clams and mussels...the clams& mussels were so tiny there wasn't anything in them.
- The service here was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The service here was wonderful! The waiters & bus-boys are very attentive. The food is traditional Italian & very good. Would go again!Special Features:
- Overpriced with so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/9/2011I really should have known better than to try this place. I've lived in the west village for decades and I know better than to eat in most places on this stretch of 7th avenue south. The crowd is strictly B&T and the food is just fair. My mushroom risotto tasted like it came from a box of Rice a Roni and my companion's lasagna was a cut above Stouffer's in both taste and ingredients. The prosciutto and melon was decent, but the ham was too thickly sliced.
- I can't comment on the foodSen26VIPDined on 7/22/2011I can't comment on the food because we didn't stay-- the restaurant was not air conditioned adequately for 104 degree heat. When my friend and I asked them if they cld turn it up they dodged the question. I just can't believe it's so expensive that it's worth making your customers uncomfortable, but I'm generally someone with a high heat tolerance, and we had to leave.
- Eh ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/11/2011This place was okay. I took my Mother while she was in from out of town and I mostly chose it because of the availability of seating after a show at the Barrow St. Theater. Food was ok. Service was good - but a little over the top with the Italian Family restaurant schtick. There are far better restaurants in the city, but it fit the bill for the evening.
- Horribly disappointed. Not worth anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2011This restaurant was a horrible disappointment. I was misled by reviews from reviewers who are not Italian. Do not waste your time at this restaurant. Having a bad meal or even an average meal in NYC is a sin with so many wonderful places to eat.
- Gino the proprietor made ourLeeS38VIPDined on 6/4/2011Gino the proprietor made our evening so great. We were completely relaxed with excellent service and the food was perfect. Our friends were impressed as well for what was our first visit and many more to occur.Special Features:
- The menu is great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2011The menu is great and the food was better than expected. The chicken dishes were very flavorful. We ordered the stuffed clams for an app and they were bad. The chef came out and apologized and made us a fresh batch. The waiter was very attentitve. The outdoor seating is the perfect people watching spot. Great casual spot if you are in the neighborhood. We brought my parents and our 4 yr old.Special Features:
- Our server had a thick accentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2011Our server had a thick accent and was hard to understand, but he was attentive, so it was fine. I ordered the Strozzapreti pasta. The shrimp were overcooked, but the flavor was good. My date had the raviolli which he seemed to enjoy. We also shared the calamari which was good, but nothing special. Overall, the food was fine, but I don't think a lot of fresh ingredients are used, as you would hope from an Italian place in NY. Good wine list with a variety of options on prices. Slightly loud atmosphere, but I didn't have to yell to hear my date. The place was fine, but with all of the NYC choices available, I probably would not come back.Special Features:
- The food reminded me of myPghBoyVIPDined on 4/16/2011The food reminded me of my time spent in Italy, but the service was all over the place. Three different servers throughout the evening and clearly zero communication. After our antipasti, a server asked if we wanted the check! We were still waiting for the entrées we ordered. They were clearly in a rush to get us out of their restaurant.
- The staff was extremely friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/9/2011The staff was extremely friends, however we had a reservation for 8.30pm and was not seated until 9.15pm. the food was very good, but came out luke warm.
- Experience was horrible. WasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2011Experience was horrible. Was told to wait at the bar for five minutes... which turned into an hour and a half. I nursed my glass of wine and the kind bartender allowed my group to have some bread. Once we were finally seated, my friend inquired about splitting the check (not an unusual NYC request). The waiter rudely informed us that it was not possible but that since at $14-$20 a plate, the restaurant was cheap so "why can't you just put it on one card?" I asked to speak to a manager since I couldn't believe what I was being told to do with no sympathy, as if it was my fault that my group wanted to each pay for their own meal. The manager then comes over and brazenly starts scolding me for "not understanding."
- My wife and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2011My wife and I had a wonderful time at Zucca. The food was outstanding. Highly recommend the veal saltimboca, yum.Special Features:
- We had an overall nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/26/2011We had an overall nice time at Zucca's. The wait staff were very nice. I was surprised to find that the restaurant was a lot smaller than I thought from the pictures online. The appetizers were fantastic however, the pasta dish was just ok. I found the homemade pasta to be a little undercooked and I could taste the flour. Other than that, we had a good meal.
- Go here for a great mealJoeNYCVIPDined on 2/10/2011Pietro was a most pleasant waiter. Food was well portioned and served hot. Great dessert and cappucino.Special Features:
- I have to say the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2011I have to say the food was good, unfortunately the food was overshadowed by the uneven service and the chilly temperature of the restaurant.
- Good food, good service -J1mbabweDined on 1/29/2011Good food, good service - only con was that from the pics we were expecting something a bit less laid-back. Would not go there for a romantic/special date, but would head back for a normal night out
- I picked this restaurant becauseMarlenedcVIPDined on 1/27/2011I picked this restaurant because of convenience to the Barrow Street Theatre after 19" of snow. I was so pleasantly surprised that the food was fresh and delicious, the Branzino was cooked perfectly and the waitstaff couldn't have been more helpful and present.Special Features:
- Delicious, authentic ItaliancarminenycVIPDined on 1/20/2011Delicious, authentic Italian food. Owned and operated by two charming Italian guys from Rome. If they have brasiola on special, get it!Special Features:
- Delicious food! Good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Delicious food! Good location and friendly wait staff. Dishes are somewhat pricey, but worth the cost--portions are small, but taste great and will fill you up.Special Features:
- My wife and I thought theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/11/2010My wife and I thought the food should have been more seasoned. We were uncomfortable sitting by the door on a cold night so we requested to change seats which really didn't make a.difference because there was no heat available. The service was nice and friendly but we don't see us coming here again.
- More traditional red-sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2010More traditional red-sauce Italian. My fish special was swimming in butter but the artichoke ap was delish.Special Features:
- For a quick feed it is fineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2010For a quick feed it is fine but the waiter was bored and unfriendly.
- The pasta- cavatelli dellaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/12/2010The pasta- cavatelli della Nonna - was absolutely delicious! I'll definitely be back for more. The service was also excellent .Special Features:
- Our dining experience at Zuccasdg13Dined on 10/21/2010Our dining experience at Zucca Trattoria was wonderful. We were looking for a restaurant in the area and Lupa was full so we took a chance here. Not only was the food great but the service could not have been better. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Stopped in here on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2010Stopped in here on a Friday night for dinner with my girlfriend and one of her friends. Overall had an excellent experience... food was above expectations with service that was by far and away the best I have had in NYC. Owner make us feel like we were part of the family. Will definitely go back here when I'm looking for a great Italian meal
- my friend and I had dinnerCshiDined on 8/31/2010my friend and I had dinner on a tues night. There was hardly anyone there (maybe 2-3 couples) came in during our dinner. We sat by the bar and the bartender and the owner were almost too attentive. The owner kept insisting that my friend get the softshell crab with the mussels when all she really wanted was the mussels (she wasn't that hungry). I had the pollo caravella (stuffed chicken with prosciutto). It was good but wasn't worth the price. We both got 2 glasses of wine and paid about 50 bucks each. Very cute setting but I wouldn't come back.Special Features:
- My dining experience was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/21/2010My dining experience was excellent. I had a group of 8. We were accomodated to the upmost. I felt very welcomed. I received compliments on the enviroment and the food experienced by my party. I personally had the chicken stuffed with cheese and spinich. It was excellent.