20 W. 6th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/arizona/tempe/
- Phone: 4803771170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Chad Corr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off Site catering is available by contacting Sarah Robinson, Event Sales Manager.
A word from Z'Tejas Tempe
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Z'Tejas Tempe - Best Restaurants in Tempe ›
Z'Tejas Tempe reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice reunion with Z Tejas in TempeFoodisMedicineDined on 10/5/2014Years ago, on a solo business trip, Z Tejas was a suggestion for dinner. It was a crowded night, but the service and food were great. So on a trip this week I suggested the place to two colleagues. Their first impression was that it was tex mex. I asked them to check out the online menu and I recalled that it was fusion food and all palates would be satisfied. I was right! It was just as I had remembered it. I had the catfish tacos--great!. My friends had the habanero chicken pasta and the tuna. Tuna appetizer was outstanding. One of my friends fell in love with the cornbread. They liked it so much that we did dinner again the next night, and brought along a fourth person. Everyone was happy.Special Features:
- The best margarita in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Come here for the Chambord Margarita. It is absolutely the best ever. I have no idea how the ice gets so smooth, but it is heavenly. Food is really good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed the dining experience.... casual fun feeling with good fresh food & very tasty.Special Features:
- Good Pregame PlaceSensationalDined on 9/25/2014Good place to get ready for the ASU Game. Good Happy Hour and fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and atmosphereCondoritoDined on 9/24/2014Nice restaurant, big spaces and good food with excellent and timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, Service AwfulazchickaDined on 9/21/2014We love Z and the the unique food. However, our waiter was rude, nonexistant, and did I say rude. It turned what should have been a fun gals day lunch before a Gammage show into an unenjoyable experience. Even the made the food not taste as good as usual. I get if he is having a bad day but then either put on your happy face or go home. Don't ruin our day/experience too. Oh and parking was terrible too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a spicy kick.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014Southwest twist to some traditional dishes as well as good Mexican food.Special Features:
- Our Go To Meeting SpotBeckyVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is always solid and at the Tempe location we get great service. Easy for vegetarians and meat eaters alike to find something yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Margarita in TempeToddVIPDined on 8/17/2014We stopped in for a late dinner and had the baked seafood enchiladas and million dollar margaritas. The food was very good, but the margaritas are simply amazing - just the right amount of lime juice.
- Nice Tempe MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/7/2014In the center of 'downtown' Tempe action this is a good and very attractive Mexican style restaurant. High ceilings and very good spacing between tables kept noise level down, nice large booths. Food was surprisingly good, nice Shrimp and spinach tortilla appetizer and Relleno with chicken main. Good selection of beers on tap. Very good and attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Great MenuJulieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Something for everyone. Good food, service and ambience,Special Features:
- Loved itRimtrailDined on 7/30/2014Great food and service Nice variety of food and great margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014Service was great, the food was very good and the margaritas - awesome!!!Special Features:
- Great as always!Networking14Dined on 6/27/2014I have dined at Z'Tejas a number of times and always come back for the 5 cheese mac and achiote chicken and cornbread. Service is always friendly and prompt. I'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 132 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Tempe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014we bring a lot of our out of town business guest to your establishment... consistently good food and atmosphere. However, though your servers seem to have great attitudes, the frequency of checking on us does not align with restaurants that are recognized as high-service. We enjoy the front door parking.Special Features:
- Early Dinner Before GammagefourladiesDined on 6/8/2014We met for an early dinner prior to seeing a show at Gammage. The wait staff was outstanding. Just the right level of attentiveness since we were there to catch up and chat prior to seeing the show - in addition to celebrating three birthdays. Our waitress realized we were celebrating and brought birthday desserts for the 3 birthday ladies. The food was very good, the drinks were delicious and the overall experience was great.Special Features:
- Z'TejasAzDinerDined on 5/28/2014Good ambiance for dining. Nice place to eat and enjoy different types of cuisine. Most food items have a spin allowing them to be different while being the standard served everywhere. Had a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjdawgazDined on 5/17/2014Not your average fare here. This is southwestern food cooking that is up a notch. Not as expensive as I expected either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensive and not tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014The food was not good, portions too small and too expensive for what you get.
- Great Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Happy hour ...great margaritas and appetizers. Just off Mill was a great location.Special Features:
- Great happy hour!dkvazDined on 4/30/2014Very impressed with the size and price of happy hour menu items. Also very delicious. Great margs and apps at the bar before enjoying a show at ASU Gammage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitJoeMDined on 4/21/2014This was my first visit to Z-Tejas, and I enjoyed it. The food was very good, and the menu is very creative.Special Features:
- Z Tejas RocksMickeyBDined on 3/18/2014Good food and marguerites, great happy hour selections in. Casual,setting.Special Features:
- MarvelousNotHappyVIPDined on 3/9/2014What can be better than a Sunday afternoon in Tempe AZ? Enjoying Happy Hour at this fine establishment .... where $5 frozen margaritas were flowing. Happy Hour menu is one of the best I have seen. Food (Grilled Shrimp & Guacamole Tostada Bites, Raw Ahi Chipotle Citrus Bites) was excellent. A definite "YES" for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, but unremarkableDGARCIADined on 3/8/2014We were in the area to see a show. Since we needed to eat and had never been to Z'tajas we decided to give it a try. It was nice, food was good, but nothing to truly brag about. Getting to the restaurant was not easy due to a large amount of traffic and pedestrians. Very busy area. Bonus... free valet parking.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Serving staff was excellent as always. She was very attentive to all of our family needs. The hostess was courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot in TempePhxDadVIPDined on 2/22/2014Ideal spot, good food, complimentary valet. Great for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceTraveler3Dined on 2/14/2014Good food and great service in a college town on a sports night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the service!Knb4evrDined on 2/14/2014The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasantly energetic but not too rowdy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a lunch datepeppermelonritaDined on 2/9/2014My husband and I headed out to Tempe from North Phoenix to have a little time for ourselves. Our pepper melon margaritas were absolutely incredible; just the right amount of sweetness with a kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here in a few years.JohnVIPDined on 2/6/2014First time here in a few years. Menu changes are good and prices reasonable. Great service. Suggest you check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMermaidAZDined on 2/4/2014I love Z'Tejas but this location has something to be desired. After making a reservation, we were seated at the worst table in the entire restaurant. Really? We made a reservation for this? We asked to be moved and so did every other couple that was seated at that table after us. Maybe that should tell the restaurant something but I digress. I ordered the chop salad and normally (at least at the other locations I've eaten at), the server offers to mix it for you (which is half the fun!). Nope, the server just plopped it down and left. Really? I don't think I will be returning to this location.Special Features:
- A great night.TomFDined on 2/3/2014My nephew was in town on business and wanted to have a Mexican dinner. Z Tejas hit the spot. We all enjoyed our appetizers, entrees, and dessert.Special Features:
- Definitely a Place to GoHawkeyeDined on 2/1/2014Our experience at Z'Tejas was a pleasant surprise. It might at first look appear to be any other Mexican/southwest cuisine restaurant. But from the beginning it was a step above without being pretentious. The staff was ready at the door to greet and seat us. The wait staff was attentive and good humored. And the food was fresh tasting and just enough different than the run of the mill to make it enjoyable without being strange. The high ceilings kept the noise manageable even as the room filled. Dirty dishes disappeared and full glasses appeared, all without having to get someone's attention. A good value and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended to us by the hotelWmgldgVIPDined on 1/31/2014Recommended to us by the hotel where we were staying. We were not disappointed. Food was very good. Our waiter was not the most friendly and brought us our check without even asking if we wanted anything else. We did want dessert and I am so glad that we did as the buttercake with butterscotch ice cream was really good! A great way to top off a good meal. We would definitely go back if ever in the area again.Special Features:
- Z'Tejas' Fajitas are back!NJoyFineFoodDined on 1/24/2014Z'Tejas has brought back their original Fajitas and I found them extremely satisfying. They tasted even better than I remembered them. Also had the Chili Verde appetizer with corn chips. All the food was delicious and service was outstanding. Appreciated the manager making the rounds in the restaurant to ensure the dining experience was satisfactory. This was despite being a busy Friday evening. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone and can't wait to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After being seated we waitedBobaDined on 1/15/2014After being seated we waited 10 minutes before a waitress came up to us. After being served dinner had to flag her down agin to get a second drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time they were off...DaveDeFDined on 1/8/2014Have dined there for business meetings on three or four occasions and this was the worst. The food was bland and tasteless and my guest does not like mushrooms and the special short rib was filled with them even though not mentioned on the menu or when the waiter was asked what was inside. She also commented that the cauliflower mash tasted like kindergarten glue. After mentioning all of the above to the waiter, no amends were made even when we ordered desert.
- My wife and I had a very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014My wife and I had a very pleasant and enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game NightSuzanneVIPDined on 12/28/2013We were to attend the Michigan/Kansas State Game and needed a restaurant close by. Although it was very busy and hopping, the service and the food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.