Z'Tejas South Coast
3333 Bristol St St 1876
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas South Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/california/costa-mesa/
- Phone: (714) 979-7469
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 10:00am - 3:00pm and Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Danny Stevens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet room available that can accommodate private parties for up to 60.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Juan 7149797469x
A word from Z'Tejas South Coast
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z'Tejas South Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (29)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Good Quirky Family Farefigs999Dined on 11/9/2014Somewhat of a cross between a modernist, foodie-inspired, eatery and a family restaurant ala Cheescake Factory. It has an ambiance that can lend itself well to a family outing or a casual date. The food is decent and extremely large portions. An appetizer is sized for four rather than two, making our two appetizers and two entrees far too much food for the two of us. The flavors are clever but not inspired or off the wall, and the food doesn't taste pre-canned in the way that your typical family eatery does. Overall a good experience for the prize range and convenience.Special Features:
- Not the best experience.Archie949Dined on 11/7/2014Food was sub par. Waiter a little disconnected. Been here before & thought it was good, not sure why this time was so off.
- Not my first timeluvburgersDined on 11/1/2014Our server was a bit green and forgot about the appetizer initially. The entrees took quite a long time to come out of the kitchen. We finally asked for their complementary cornbread. Usually it is offered right away, but not by our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better service!mramirez14VIPDined on 10/24/2014Z'Tejas never disappoints. There is always yummy food, a great ambiance and fantastic service. And that's why I keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great foodJoannFDined on 10/17/2014Loved the food choices: Southwestern taste mixed with some Asian influenceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The staff is very good and our waiter was super, food and drinks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourwineandineDined on 10/15/2014Love to hit Z'Tejas at happy hour. Great pricing and a couple of choices make a meal. Enjoy with the house red.Special Features:
- Happy HourFanofArtsDined on 10/10/2014Extended Happy Hour with great selections of drinks. The food plates offered on the Happy Hour menu are creative, delicious and perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upbeat and reliable!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/1/2014The food is always good. I had the trout salad and it was delicious! Great waitress. Outside is vibrant. Inside has lots of groups and families, but is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedIDGAFDined on 9/14/2014This is the second time dining at z Teja's in Costa Mesa. I was a long time fan of the restaurants in Arizona. I am sad to say that the Z Teja's in Costa Mesa does not measure up. The food was presented poorly. The person delivered our Shrimp Bites on top of our menu's and they slid all over the plate. The service was non existent and the food was luke warm when served. I hope that they can get it together in Costa Mesa because they certainly don't seem to care about the restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014We always enjoy having appetizers before going to the SCR production. Plenty of food, efficient service every time.Special Features:
- Pre-theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We made reservations at Z'Tejas because it is literally across the street from South Coast Repertory Theatre where we were seeing a play that night. We're from San Diego so we are not familiar with the area but were very pleased with our choice. The menu is Mexican but with some very interesting and tasty twists. Everyone in my party was very happy with their meal choices. The only drawback is they tell you not leave your car in the lot while attending the theater. Seems to me they could work something out where you could pay a small fee to leave your car in the lot where the restaurant is and walk across the street to the theater. It would be so convenient. I'm sure I'm not the first patron to think of this! But good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerCoastalRichVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was underwhelming, highly processed, lacking in flavor and served lukewarm. The service was equally underwhelming, slow and understaffed. The entire experience was poor.
- some exotic dishes on menuChuckDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed the menu. Oft rare finds with Tex-Mex dishes. The food was served hot with a little hot spice. Was a little disappointed when I learned they do not serve any kind of salsa with the meal. Quality of the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for happy hourVeggieFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Great pricing and quality of food and drinks for happy hour: Drink: $6 signature margaritas; $2 off wines by the glass; $3.50 domestic beer; $4.50 import beer Food: $5 - $7 appetizers Weekends 2pm-6pm Mon-Fri 3pm-7pm I ordered a Hard Day Margarita which was made nice and stiff. I also shared the Tejas Trio Nachos, Spinach Quesadillas, and Street Tacos. My friend got a Tejas Mule. All this for about $34.00!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp & Guacamole Tostadas YummymkpirvineDined on 8/23/2014Had dinner before a show at OCPAC and it was great! The grilled shrimp & guacamole tostadas were amazing. Server was very attentive even though it was a busy Saturday night. Next time I will definitely ask for seating on the patio.Special Features:
- FairSteveDined on 8/23/2014Ordered with one server, drinks brought out by two others, food by another - each time was an auction. Asked to refill water twice. Made reservation and got stuck in the back next to the kitchen at an oversized table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Thanks. Food prices have gone up 20%. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Favorite Go ToChanteclaireDined on 8/8/2014This is my restaurant of choice for a nice dinner before a show or just meeting friends for lunch or dinner. The food is always good... I especially like the steak mango salad, and the service and ambiance excellent. And unlike most restaurants in the area, the pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Consistently good service and foodBinkyDined on 8/3/2014Our family group of 8 has eaten at Z'Tejas several times over the past year. The food is always very good and the service is great. We always eat on the patio as we enjoy dining al fresco whenever possible. The Happy Hour is really a deal but their regular prices are on par with other similar restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious!mishelley25Dined on 8/1/2014I have been here several times, and every time is an enjoyable experience. I've tried several items on the menu and have never been disappointed. I especially like the Pesto-Rubbed Ruby Trout or the Jerk Chicken Salad. I recently went for dinner and found the noise level to be a little too high, but we were sitting behind a large group which could have contributed to the excessive noise. I will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineloverDined on 8/1/2014I have loved this place for years for lunch on a work day or happy hour. The food as always was consistent and delicious. The service however was terrible this time around! We waited at least 15-20 minutes for our first round of drinks. Our food came out before the drinks! We did not have silverware or napkins (I had to go ask one of the bartenders). My friend had found chicken bones in her quesadilla and told our server... she said, "oh sorry, I will let the kitchen know." She didn't offer to take the food away or replace it with something else. I understand they were busy, but this was ridiculous. We will be back and am hoping this was an isolated incident. We have had too many good experience to not try again.Special Features:
- The following 238 reviews are from the Z'Tejas South Coast reviews archive.
- A great girls night outavalonDined on 7/25/2014We headed to Z Tejas last week before attending the GoGos concert at the OC Fair. We figured we would have better food and air conditioning instead of the fare at the fair. We were SO happy we made that choice! We enjoyed appetizers, drinks, dinner and had great service dedicated to getting us out the door on time. Everyone ate something different ranging from tacos to salads and we were all raving about our choices. My friends commented they were happy I chose Z Tejas instead of the overpriced, unhealthy choices at the Fair. We would all do it again and there wasn't any traffic getting to the Fair taking Fairview off of the 405.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, love Z'Tejas!fairboundDined on 7/12/2014A group of 6 of us sat on the patio. Not much of a view, just the plaza parking lot, but it was a perfect CA summer evening. Music was playing on the outdoor speakers but did not interfere with our conversation. Our server was friendly and checked on us often. The cornbread they bring out was warm, moist and delicious. We ordered the bottomless chips with three dips, which was good. The menu had so many things that sounded yummy, it was hard to decide. We all ordered something different, and no one was disappointed. Food was fresh and delicious all around. And the price was right, our bill was under $160, and that included appetizers and adult beverages. My only wish is that they had a place in LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoLindaLVIPDined on 7/11/2014Not my favorite place, that is for sure. Would think twice before going back. Food was good; service left much to be desired.
- Yummy for the TummyGaums10Dined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent and presented beautifully. I had Tapas Mule Margarita and it was fantastic. We sat outdoors and the noise was hardly noticeable. Carol loved her selection and her wine was nice. Our servers were all very pleasant and courteous. We love ZTapas. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!TeresaPDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good. Service was exceptionally fast to almost a fault in that we were having dinner and wanted some time to dine, however the service was very prompt. I think this restaurant is better for lunch since it is located in South Coast Plaza and caters to people who are most likely in a hurry. Also, I think it would be a good spot for Happy Hour. All in all, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FooddjhmcDined on 7/2/2014Great menu variety, prompt delivery of our meal. Great employeesSpecial Features:
- ZtejasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014Patio dining ambiance is outstanding. A variety of reasonably priced menu options and attentive service made for an wonderful birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantJVD123Dined on 6/21/2014It was a nice restaurant. It was for a special occasion. Service given met our expectations. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We love Z-Tejas, we have been coming here for years and we totally love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!LovesDining0224Dined on 6/13/2014When we got there it was 6:10, we were seated immediately due to our open table reservation and were out by 7! The service was great, our server was very attentive and asked us if everything was okay quite often. Ordered the 14oz NY strip medium rare and it was cooked wonderfully, tasted even better! Girlfriend had the cilantro rubbed chicken and she loves everything except the rice. Overall the place was great and I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Winner!Luv2CelebrateLifeDined on 6/13/2014My party and I enjoyed Happy Hour menu which is served throughout the entire restaurant. Excellent food, generous portions and tasty libations. We enjoyed Chicken Nachos, Chile Pork Tostadas, Street Tacos, Flat top Grilled Chicken Quesadillas and Sizzling Dumplings. Z'Tejas South Coast is close to Segerstrom Center of the Arts. We are definitely returning to Z'Tejas South Coast Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!KiwiDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I decided to go out for a nice dinner and chose Z'Tejas on Opentable. We were seated immediately and greeted by our waiter. The food arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was full of flavor. I recommend the Texas Trio appetizer. It's chile con queso is delicious! And, my entrée recommendation would be the filet. It just melts in your mouth! We’ll definitely be dining here again…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service!mramirez14VIPDined on 6/4/2014I was in charge of organizing a work lunch for 10 people and was worried that with a time constraint, we wouldn't be in and out in an hour with a large group. Z'Tejas was great and suggested we fax in our orders beforehand. It worked out great! Our lunch was served within 5 minutes of our entire group being seated. The order was correct and we were able to enjoy good food, good service and good company without feeling rushed. Our server was great and very attentive. Thank you for making me look good with our group!Special Features:
- Great Place For GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014There's always something on the menu for everyone's tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!papajoedVIPDined on 6/3/2014Was by myself and had an early dinner. Def recommend the shrimp appetizer...had the steak salad for my entree which was excellent...p.s. The Shock top beer was ice cold...wish this chain was back east!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!1FoolishMortalDined on 5/30/2014Always fantastic!! Great food, great drinks, and an AWESOME happy hour. Can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014We had reservations for 4 prior to seeing a show across they street. It took a while to get seated and the hostess was not at all friendly. Our past experiences here have been fine but it seemed that the staff was overwhelmed and not prepared for a busy evening. Our server was very friendly and joked about how busy they were but overall was not the best experience. Will reconsider returning during busy hours.
- Appreciated honoring reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014There were many people milling about the reception area when we arrived. They seemed to be waiting for seating. We arrived with our OpenTalbe reservation and were seated immediately! I certainly appreciated this.I would recommend this to a friend.