7014 E Camelback Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/arizona/scottsdale/
- Phone: 4809464171x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Solano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site catering is available by contacting Sarah Robinson, Event Sales Manager, at 480-612-6391, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Z'Tejas Scottsdale
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z'Tejas Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)romantic (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First time back 2 Z'Tejas in 3 yrs2timesaweekDined on 9/24/2014I recently met a girlfriend for dinner at Z'Tejas and forgot how great this restaurant is. The food was delicious (Talapia) and cooked perfectly and just the right amount of chipolte. I had the tres leches with coconut for dessert and it was excellent. I never eat but a bite of dessert, but I could not stop eating this. The wait staff was very prompt and professional. I always feel i have to drudge through the mall to get here, but it was very easy. Z'Tejas will not be on my regular restaurant radar.Special Features:
- Z Tejas ScottsdaleCreoVIPDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful wait staff and fabulous corn bread. Food was great and margaritas were delicious! Would defintiely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Experiencereviewer24Dined on 9/13/2014My spouse found a human hair in her salad. The manager never even came to our table to address it. The bathroom was filthy, with peeling paint and leaking faucets. The restaurant wasn't even busy on a Saturday night and now I know why. The wait staff did an adequate job but was not at all apologetic about the incredible event. If it weren't for us being with our friends, I would have made a big deal about it.
- Amazing food and lots of it!JaneFDined on 8/22/2014We select off the Happy Hour Menu and I have to say everything on it is awesome at a great price so you can eat plenty. Green chile verde is awesome! Also, catfish beignets are much nicer than they sound...Special Features:
- Great food and serviceproudmarinemomDined on 8/15/2014Could not have asked for better service or food. The chicken, artichoke and mushroom stack was delicious. The chicken very tender and plenty of flavor. My husband had the steak burrito, he loved the flavor and that the steak would melt in your mouth. We love going to Z'Tejas, and this one just as good as the ones in San Antonio and Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughTPRothDined on 8/5/2014Never realized this restaurant was in the mall. What a treat. We always enjoy going to Z'Tejas.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryBerrysDined on 8/2/2014The Hostess, Server, & Manager were all very friendly. Our Bartender's were great and the happy hour prices,drinks,& apps. are awesome. We had a nice time went for our wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwayssharilynDined on 7/26/2014Love the diablo chicken, and the four cheese macaroniSpecial Features:
- Great brunch spotLuv2eatVIPDined on 7/20/2014Fun "make it yourself" bloody mary bar and mimosa bar. Pablano pepper stuffed with scrambled eggs & jalapeno bacon was absolutely delicious. The muffins were served warm and were so moist, the apple was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwest With A TwistAletheaVIPDined on 6/5/2014I have been to Z'Tejas in the past, but I tried a different menu item this time around. So glad I did. I forget the name of the entree salad that I had, but it was very tasty and healthy! I also had great service as well. I will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Scottsdale reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I've been to the restaurant a lot. I was a disappointed in the brunch I ordered. It was the chicken hash & the hash was crispy but then not cooked in places at all. I didn't say anything though, the waiter was attentive & I wanted to enjoy my Mother's Day. Plus, being Mother's Day, we got a free desert to share on one plate and it wasn't very good. It didn't taste very fresh. The strawberries were soggy & it was tart, I wasn't even sure what it was suppose to be. The waiter didn't say. It was like a cheesecake lemon strawberry cake? It was not good. I just wasn't impressed with the food at all this time. The cornbread saved the meal. I never do reviews or go out of my way to write about a meal, except this popped up in my email.Special Features:
- Great service.azdogmamaDined on 5/11/2014We had a phenomenal waiter, I am just sorry that I cannot remember his name at this time (and don't have the receipt on me). Maybe someone can track it down via our reservation/the restaurant. He was very helpful, and super kind to my mother-in-law, who ordered something that she couldn't it because of the spice. The food was good, the ambiance was fine, but our waiter is what made our experience.Special Features:
- Good This Time AroundAletheaVIPDined on 4/30/2014I have been to Z'Tejas, on quite a few occasions. Sometimes it can be hit or miss. This time was a serious hit. Everything was hot, tasty, and fresh. I tried a different entrée this time. The Crispy Salmon, was very good. I will have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter lunchrcfromkcDined on 4/20/2014Didn't make special plans for Easter Brunch/lunch, and decided Z'Tejas would be a good choice for lunch with short notice reservations(which was within an hour-1:45pm). Greeted and seated immediately when we arrived, service was polite and friendly. We ordered an appetizer after drinks were delivered, but our complimentary cornbread was never brought to the table until after our meal was delivered and only after a second request. Would definitely recommend-food is always consistently good!Special Features:
- Awesome staffBiffDined on 4/18/2014It is easy to say that the food was great because it was. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the dining experience enjoyable. The best part of this experience was the staff of the restaurant. We were greeted and seated by hostess Samantha who was all smiles and positive vibes. She explained the menu and specials, introduced us to our waiter and checked on us during the meal. Chaun was our waiter and he was also very attentive and pleasant. After the great dinner we sat at the bar where Candice treated us like royalty and ensured our every need while also making us feel very comfortable and at home. We will definitely come back to this restaurant and will tell our friends all about it.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour aroundAwlpDined on 4/11/2014Great place for a special occasion happy hour, or any happy hour. Food and drinks are great and are very affordable during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up to its usual standarddinerVIPDined on 3/22/2014We've been to this Z'Tejas before and have always been well satisfied. Menu items are, in many cases, unique to Z'Tejas but are reliably appetizing and appealing. Service is quick and attentive with followup to be sure all is well. The noise level is quite energetic so if you're looking for a "quiet spot", this probably isn't what you're looking for. If, however, you're after good food and drink with professional quality service, be sure to give Z'Tejas a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were ok.skigirlDined on 3/21/2014Food and service were ok. Unfortunately, we were seated in the space farthest from the main dining areas with one of us facing a cement wall. Restaurant felt very dark, and much like being in a basement without windows. Not much ambiance.
- great food service suckedclassysassyDined on 3/9/2014We arrive a little earlier than our reservations. We had to wait, but there was only 3 other couples and one group of 5 there. The waiter toik our drink order, which took 16 minutes, we were not offered water not even once. The Food was great, but everytime we asked for refills the waiter kept saying they are not free, really?
- enjoyed it againshadowDined on 3/3/2014We have been to Z'tejas a few times in the past. This has been a good spot to rendezvous with pals when shopping or in conjunction with movies in the neighbourhood. Sadly, the crab cake appie was not on the menu but half-price bottles of wine (Monday and Tuesday) were a nice surprise. Will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bloody Mary BarAZ2DCDined on 3/1/2014I needed a spot for a weekend brunch that would take reservations for a party of 5. I was the first to arrive and was seated immediately. I really appreciated that they seated us at a round table that easily accommodated the five of us and could have fit six. It made for easy conversation. There was also a great bloody mary and mimosa bar, and the food was good as always. It arrived very quickly, and yet we didn't feel rushed when we wanted to linger a bit over our last drink. It wasn't particularly busy when we arrived at 11:30, but when we left two hours later, the place was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the drinks we had were onscreamingpeteDined on 2/28/2014the drinks we had were on point , we had 2 frozen drinks that were unique and very well maid...one was a margarita with grand mone and the other was one with Shamburg. our chips and cheese apps were tasty as well as the catfish wraps and beef tacos. the sauces for dipping were some of the best I've ever had. Screaming Pete's BBQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014Glad they brought the chicken artichoke stack back! Convenient location at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Staff is friendly and service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBenderDined on 2/24/2014I took my mom here on what would have been my Dad's birthday. He recently passed away. It looked like a nice restaurant and the prices indicated it was a higher quality than a Red Lobster, but the food was a complete disappointment. Over cooked, low quality. Bland. Would not recommend.
- ReliableNytomkeVIPDined on 2/16/2014Strong drinks and good sized portions. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly. A good basic.
- The food is always excellent.eaterDined on 2/14/2014The food is always excellent. I am a big fan of this place and its very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great fromJoeWasThereDined on 2/14/2014Everything was great from food to service. Our freinds where really impressd. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Always A Pleasure"AletheaVIPDined on 1/26/2014A casual place to dine for some good Southwestern Cuisine. Really enjoyed the Shrimp & Pork Wonton Appetizer. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014I used to eat here a couple of times a week for lunch and it was always great. Not sure what happened, but the food was lackluster. They still have the BEST frozen margarita in town, and it's the only time it is acceptable to have a margarita frozen and not on the rocks. Even that was questionable, though. The one thing they are famous for is the chambord margarita, but they ran out of chambord. Early on a Saturday evening? How does that happen? Disappointing. There are just too many other great options in the area for all around average food. On a positive note, Peter, our server, was great.Special Features:
- Good New Year's dinnerSeguinbearDined on 12/31/2013Solid meal, and great bar drinks. Our table ordered a variety of items and drinks. all were very good.Special Features:
- Fast and friendly southwestern mealMicahBVIPDined on 12/26/2013When we did our Open Table search, we did not realize that the restaurant was in the Fashion Square Mall (which made things a little trickier on a busy shopping day). It is a chain. But it was good and very reasonable. As a matter of fact, turned out you could order food and drink from their extensive happy hour menu in the main dining room. So we ordered a bunch of things and some drinks and kids menu meals for the little ones. The end result was a very good, speedy dinner for a low cost. We'd certainly go back. And our waiter was extremely friendly, helpful and attentive. He pointed out a few good things as well. He probably tipped the scale from good to very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Hit!!AwesomeVIPDined on 12/12/2013Very good food and enough to split entres for sure. Their Chicken tortilla soup is to die for! Yumm!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu, excellent servicetravelerVIPDined on 12/7/2013The menu here has a variety of options to choose from. Both dishes I have had there were good, but both on the spicy side. The service was above and beyond anything I have had recently.
- Great FindBillWDined on 12/2/2013Had a great meal !! The chips and 3 salsa appetizer is a must try as well as the chicken stuffed pepper entree.
- great food, interesting presentatioOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2013I was pleased to see separate menus for vegetarian and gluten-free. I ordered the roasted veggie tacos and they were delicious and well-presented. My husband ordered the chicken chile relleno and it was also excellent. I tried the skinny lemon drop martini and it was quite strong and yummy. Staff was very solicitous and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun timeSmileVIPDined on 10/17/2013My girlfriends and I love going to lunch at Ztejas. My favorite is the spicy beef salad. Unfortunately, I tried their new salad on the seasonal menu...it sounded good on the menu but it was not nearly as good as my beef salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AdvertisedJemonfuVIPDined on 10/6/2013Nice place to go for a quick late breakfast or earlly lunch. Service was good, the soup was great! The make your own Bloody Mary is also nice, because you can actually make it the way you like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and attentivealwayshungryDined on 7/19/2013Wonderful meal and attentive service. Menu has great selections so will return to try many more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but goodBobosoDined on 6/29/2013Love the food and the margartitas. But this restaurant is too noisy, especially for those who wear hearing aids.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodElleDined on 6/28/2013Z Tejas always has GREAT food. A lot of their locations are crowded but, the Scottsdale Mall location typically can get you in without a wait. The restaurant is plainer than most other Z's and it is still noisy but, the food is consistently great and good service.Special Features: