Z'Tejas San Antonio
15900 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/texas/san-antonio/
- Phone: 2106903334x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Andre Lafayette
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room with its own private patio. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Cluff 2106903334x
A word from Z'Tejas San Antonio
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z'Tejas San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/13/2014The enchiladas came out cold. The server was in attentive and did not know any part of the menu. She spilled a great deal of my margarita then would not replace it. A cook came out of the kitchen near where we were dining and yelled a greeting across the restaurant to someone he knew. At one time this was a nice contemporary place to dine. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- AveragelonestargalDined on 7/10/2014Food was decent, service was decent. Atmosphere was pretty good, not a five star restaurant but overall average.
- Father's Day CelebrationDining2gurusDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations and were promptly seated. Table top was wobbly but waitstaff had someone come to try to fix it with moderate success. We were offered other seating but chose to stay where we were. We were compensated with a free appetizer of choice. The first pan of complementary corn bread was not warm but the second one was. Tasty as always. Alcoholic beverage selected was not to my taste and it was removed from our bill. Food was very good. Wait staff people were very friendly, cheerful, attentive & accommodating. My only complaint was that a $25 gift card for each father was advertised but we had to ask for it to receive it. It was not readily offered as advertised. We are frequent diners. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014sat outside for brunch--excellent brunch menu; we were stuffed! Phenomenal service, we'll definitely be backSpecial Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Z'Tejas San Antonio reviews archive.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was great as usual, this is my go to place for whatever the situation dictatesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Z'TejasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Hard to find and park. Food & service mostly unimpressive. Surprisingly quiet and well decorated.
- Nice outdoor diningSpudB0yDined on 5/6/2014Went to Z'tejas with a client, sat on the patio. Nice atmosphere ,pleasant wait staff. I had the VooDoo Tuna because I like Spicy food. The Tuna was very good. I would recommend this restaurant. In the past I ate here with a group of 20, they accommodated us nicely then too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Great Gluten Free menu. It is hard to find a good gluten free menu - but you all have a good options. Thanks for providing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The ambiance was nice but a bit loud, our waiter was very friendly and answered our questions. The food took a very long time to come out, and when it did, noticed that the Sante Fe Chicken Enchiladas and trout dish were missing the rice. When we asked our waiter, he said they ran out. He should have informed us prior to the food coming out, and offered us a substitute side dish (which he did after the fact). A bit surprised they ran out so early (6 pm). The paella dish did contain rice, but was very undercooked. The trout was delicious, but was pink like salmon. When I asked whether they mistakenly gave me salmon, I was told that the pink color was due to the fact that the trout was farm-raised. Whatever it was, it was good!
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014I absolutely love this restaurant! This place serves some of the best food I have ever tasted. Service was great. We try to come every Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014I had reservations for 5:30 on 03-29. We were seeing Wicked downtown, and it started late. At 5:00 we were still down town, so I called and they changed the resersvations to 6:00. With all the festivities going on downtown San Antonio, the traffic was horrible. We got to the restaurant about 15 minutes late. They were so gracious and said they held our reservation for us. That is the type of service you can expect from Ztejas..Have eaten there numerous times, and each time is such a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better restaurants nearbyDiscerningDined on 3/22/2014Very little acceptable ambiance at the restaurant plus rather noisy as the wait help set the tables. The food was "okay" but all in all, not worthy of suggesting to others.
- Happy Hour Love!KWHITDined on 3/7/2014I love the weekday happy hour! I like to go there for dinner with my mom at least one or two Fridays a month. It's fun and inexpensive. The last two times we had the same server and he was excellent! Even when it was busy, he was very attentive! And I love the Edison bulbs in the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a rewarding eveninghappydinerDined on 2/22/2014We've been here twice since we are not from town, both evenings were very pleasant. The first time we went with a large group, which they courteously accommodated, and we had such fun. The second it was only my family and we relaxed, had a wonderful dinner and very rewarding experience. The staff is so friendly, great service makes is keep going back. The food though is delicious. Haven't had an average meal, all has been excellent. Unique menu that I keep craving again. Our seal of approval though comes with the kid friendly environment and great attitude and service to out kids. We can have an adult meal without feeling uncomfortable for bringing our girls. That is truly priceless.Special Features:
- Great experienceCattDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time, great food, great service and over was a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceWilldoggDined on 2/14/2014Some of the best service I've ever received at any dining establishment. It was an extremely busy night, being it was Valentine's, our server was very attentive, on point, and very funny. He made great suggestions, was very knowledgeable when it came to the menu. On the strength of his service alone, I will be going back! Thank you open table for a hassle free reservation.Special Features:
- Friday Night!FeffyVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I took six college students to dinner and had a great time. The service was very good and the food was great for the most part. The only issue was how they prepared the tuna. They cooked it well done when I had ordered it medium rare. I mentioned it to the waiter. While I did not expect a comp I did anticipate a response. I received none. Other than that, the six "starving" colleges students haft great food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Main courses were good as well as the appetizers. Sides tasted like an after thought or just out of a can. Cornbread was probably our favorite thing. The staff was friendly and the service was good. Would eat there again but wouldn't be a place I craved or would miss if it was gone. All in all - OK.Special Features:
- The chicken fired chickenGracyDined on 2/14/2014The chicken fired chicken was excellent. The service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Expensive desertLiketoeatDined on 2/13/2014Went forms-day desert. $7.95 for a desert that had three hock late truffles and a shot of a custard that wasn't set.,told the waiter and he didn't seem to care. Menu had peach Cobler but when we order they only had Apple Cobler.. Wasn't on the menu. Took my wife cause she loved peach cobler. Not a good end to our night. :(Special Features:
- Truly awfulAbeilleVIPDined on 2/10/2014Just another lame chain restaurant with poor quality food. What a shame - the "original" in Austin was good, but this is a far cry from those early days.
- Mimosa, bloody marie bar atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014Mimosa, bloody marie bar at brunch was a treat. Muffins were a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointedJRJTWJ03Dined on 1/11/2014We had not been to Z Tejas is a couple of years and were very dissapointed. The last time we went, it was delicious, service was great, etc. This time the food was very bland, the service was terrible and we sat outside and were surrounded by stray cats. We will not be going back.
- No Record of ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2014I had made a reservation through OpenTable, however, the restaurant had no knowledge of it. Fortunately it worked out OK as the restaurant was not full and we were able to get a table. We had fish and chicken which were cooked very well. I had the Winter Rib which as braised nicely, however, the sauce that accompanied it was very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, efficient staffllbbDined on 12/20/2013Staff very welcoming, knowledgeable about the menu, efficient. Food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!!!!!lfsaDined on 12/13/2013Totally enjoyed a quick dinner on a very busy Friday night! They still did a great job on food, service and kindness! KIds would like a more kid friendly mac n cheese, but otherwise, what great food!!!!! Must have the shrimp tostados!!Special Features:
- This time2forDinnerDined on 11/27/2013We loved the drinks and the appetizers but the food while good was not remarkable.Special Features:
- super busy, though. Very gladOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013super busy, though. Very glad we made a reservation, or we would have been waiting over half an hour (and it was cold outside!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience would have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013Experience would have been outstanding if the bar staff knew how to prepare a "7 and 7". The first 7 was about 1/3 oz and the second 7 was totally missing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndescribableTexianDined on 10/22/2013It is hard to categorize Z'Tejas. It is not Mexican or Tex-Mex. The food quality is good, if uninspiring, and our server was excellent. I think they struggle to fill a niche that is not quite anything you can compare it to. Maybe just call it Austin style.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good ExperienceSkyjaxVIPDined on 9/28/2013Z Tejas is one of our Sunday "go to" restaurants. The food and service are consistently good for a chain restaurant, and we really enjoy the La Cantera location because of it's convenience. Great for lunch and brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to have found thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2013So happy to have found this restaurant. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013My husband and I took his step mother for her birthday. The food was great and we had a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!BoomerDined on 8/31/2013Z-Tejas is one of our favorite places for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013I went with a group of 7 (4 adults and 3 kids) for Saturday brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday. My open table reservation was in the system and we were seated right away. The waitstaff was attentive and nice. We used foursquare checkin to get free chips and salsa. We had the catfish begneits, corn bread and chips with salsa for starters. The cornbread and catfish was the hit of the entire meal. The chicken and potato hash was nice, but the chicken was cut into very tiny sqaures, almost too small to enjoy. The kids meal cheesburgers were a huge hit. The mixed berries cobbler was nice for dessert and the birthday boy received a slice of the chocolate pie, with a candle on top. He said the pie was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Southwest flavor is atexasautobahnDined on 8/30/2013The Southwest flavor is a great alternative to the traditional Mexican cuisine. Tortilla soup and street tacos were fantastic. The cornbread could be dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta take the kids for bruchPerezFamilyDined on 8/18/2013Great kids menu with healthy options. And good portion sizes for hungry little ones--wow what pancakes!!! We definetly have to keep this place in mind if we have a large group--they definetly have the space and ambiance to accommodate large groups, especially for brunch. Our waitress was courteous but inexperienced and not familiar with the featured menu. Our lunch was OK, but not spectacular. Could have been our choices though, but the kids' food looked delicious. And prices were really good for our overall experience and the location of the establishment. We will go back--with our without the kids--LOL ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get the pork nachos!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013we had a really good food and definitely good service but the waitress did forget are free chips and salsa. If you check in via Foursquare you will get an offer for free chips and salsa so don't miss out on that. However you definitely want to get the pork nachos. They were phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, casual diningSantaFeFoodSnobDined on 7/4/2013Although Z Tejas has strayed a bit from its original hip Austin roots and now feels more like a chain, this is still a good choice for a casual dining experience with some interesting culinary choices to go along with staples that even picky kids will eat. Prices are reasonable. Good choice for families or larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggie carnivore mixvegangirlDined on 7/1/2013we had some severe meaties at lunch and two vegans and we were ALL pleased!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.