10625 N. Tatum Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/arizona/phoenix/
- Phone: 4809489010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Agustin Castorena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: (480) 948-8581
- Entertainment: Live Music every Thursday night from 6-9pm and every Friday night from 6-10pm
A word from Z'Tejas Gateway
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Z'Tejas Gateway - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Z'Tejas Gateway reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (14)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Good Food and drinks at fair prices. When crowded it is too noisy and when they have music it is really noisy. All in all, one of the best places to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodLollypopDined on 9/19/2014Noise level very high. Thought very busy, staff was great.Special Features:
- DisappointedJessDined on 9/13/2014I have never been to this restaurant before, but I was going to the Pinot palette nxt door after dinner so thought it would be perfect. The occasion was for my birthday. Which I also noted in the reservation and that I'd like a spot in the bar dinning. Once we got there the girl immediately took us to a table (not in the. Bar) I had to ask to move...then to be stuck w sitting at the actual bar. No one acknowledged my requests or that it was even my birthday. And had poor service all together. So wasn't the best experience.Special Features:
- innovativecorycaddyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The southwest-themed menu is always a delicious surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy Bueno!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014One of our favorite places. This is NOT a Mexican food place, but certainly influence by the southwest. Food is always excellent, happy hour prices are, too. House frozen margaritas are the best (and this is from someone who doesn't care for frozen marggies). They are strong so you are limited to 3. Appetizer of pork chile verde is so good; if you are looking to stay on a leaner side, the ruby red trout salad it wonderful. Love all of the enchiladas and the tortilla soup is very flavorful. Chips aren't complimentary, but the warm skillet-made cornbread is - yum! You can't go wrong with Z Tejas.Special Features:
- Good findCulinarygradVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food with upscale twist. Our server Stephanie was amazing, very nice, attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corycaddycorycaddyVIPDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant has a unique and exciting take on southwestern food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014The chain has created an excellent product that brings consistently fresh and flavorful food to the table. You really cannot go wrong with anything ordered here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!LoriandKelleDined on 6/15/2014The food here is always delicious. I absolutely love the little shrimp-guacamole tostado bites! Some of our favorites include the ruby red trout salad with goat cheese, and diablo pasta. And of course the Chambord margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointmentBrunchDined on 6/15/2014I was disappointed to find out that the stuffed French Toast that I frequent the restaurant for was taken off the menu, we visit after church two to three times a moth for that. I still will come for the Bloody Mary Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Gateway reviews archive.
- Great service!BrendaLeeDined on 5/25/2014Our group of 8 was seated promptly and served efficiently throughout the meal. The waiter was attentive to all the special needs of each individual and the food was very good. We'd certainly dine here again as a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers Day BrunchNanaDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mothers Day at Z'Tejas with a party of 8 adults and 2 children. Pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from the restaurant the day before our reservation. This is the first time I have ever been contacted about a reservation. It was so nice to have such a personal interest on how we would like to have our table arranged for our special day. She made sure that we had adequate space to accommodate 2 young children. We arrived at the restaurant and had the best table we could have ever dreamed of and our Mothers Day Brunch was enjoyed by all. Special Thank You for making it such a special day for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Jess2baxDined on 4/12/2014Brought another couple with us who had never been and they were blown away as we always are. The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expanded Dinner MenuVVWDAWVIPDined on 4/5/2014We hadn't eaten here in about a year, and we were reluctant to go because we feel that the dinner menu is rather limited. But we love their Tortilla Soup, so we thought we would give it another try. Much to our surprise, there were several additional items on the menu that are not shown here on the Open Table menu. Despite the new menu items, we ended up having the Tortilla Soup (fantastic as always) and items that have been on the menu for some time. My husband had the Chorizo-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin which he really liked. I ordered the Chile Pork Tostadas from the appetizer area. I was worried that the portion would be skimpy, but there were 6 good-sized, tasty tostadas. We definitely will go back soon and try the new menu items.I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply awesomelloydmobileDined on 4/3/2014what more can I say.. the appetizers were fantastic and the stuffed tenderloin was scrumptiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...JDOCDined on 3/23/2014Was sent here by friends and truly am not impressed. The server was disingenuious and slow. Margaritas were fine but food was mediocre aat best, especially for the price paid.
- Best Margerirasanywhere.. EverytimeMaryEllenDined on 3/21/2014We have twice now brought some couples over for their first time and they always leave raving about both the margs and the food. It's a guaranteed pleasure.Special Features:
- Whenever we are herecactusDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I visit ZTejas at least once whenever we're in town. Love the food. Stuffed pork loin and smoked chicken enchiladas are favs. And must have Chambord margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We traveled to this location for an event. The food was very good . The server not so much. It was evident that he had not been educated about the dishes on the menu. He could not describe them in detail when we had questions. He seemed to want to rush us through. He forgot to bring our check and credit card back and starting vacuuming the floors and cleaning tables all around us. I had to get his attention to come back to our table and he actually commented that he forgot to return our credit card to us. Yikes !! Overall, the restaurant was very nice and the food very good and priced reasonable. We would return but definitely they need to work on their servers knowledge of their food and basic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceLaceyDined on 2/21/2014The food is amazing as well as the environment. One of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old favoriteGraceVIPDined on 2/19/2014Food could have hotter when served. Good party place, fun ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines datewestdiner1Dined on 2/14/2014Food came out quickly but being next to the server enterance made for alot of traffic and noise. the wait staff was pleasant and their suggestions were good.Special Features:
- Valentines Day bustBLinAZDined on 2/14/2014Thought from the reviews that this might be a good place but was very disappointed. Food was OK but nothing special, service was good but it was very noisy and the decor was so, so. I would not recommend this to any of my friends.
- Lunch with FriendsCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 2/6/2014Had to send back my lunch because the waiter had described it incorrectly. Replacement order was very good and manager apologized. Cold air was blowing on us the entire time, even after we moved to another table. Waiter bought the bill and asked how we wanted to pay while I was still eating my lunch.
- Nicely doneMattInMNDined on 2/1/2014We had a group of 14 that was well served with great food, great service and friendly staff. It was our best dining experience in the four days we were in Scottsdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined here many timesSuzyDined on 1/28/2014I have dined here many times a d would recommend it to everyone. This visit was bad however. Our server was non existent and the salad I ordered was good but they did not offer to toss it and did not bring me utensils to toss it myself.Special Features:
- Always a great meal at Z'TejasKnotDunneRiteVIPDined on 1/23/2014When I'm in town I always stop at least once. Never disappointed! Everyone is exceptionally professional and friendly. Mike and Amadao, please forgive my spelling if I got it wrong, are on top of their game here, attentive and genuinely concerned you have a good meal. The wait and serving staff are efficient and attentive also. They give you the right amount of attention and make sure you are happy with your dining experience. I was in this past Thursday, after a long 24hrs of travel and work and I gotta tell you, I was so happy to be welcomed at the door, sit right away, enjoy the live music, speak with Mike, Amadao and Summer. Enjoyed a great app and perfectly cooked burger with a beer. I couldn't be happier. Thanks everyone!Special Features:
- Jan Fri NitecgfeseDined on 1/17/2014Note. Jan is busy in N. Phx Scottsdale so even with a reservation you might have to wait 15-30 minutes for your table. We finally decided to grab an outside table which turned out best. Weather with heater was perfect. Also Friday bar scene with loud band made it difficult to talk inside so enjoy outside ambiance, conversation, and good food. Yummy corn bread always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining at z'shungryhowardDined on 12/31/2013It is always a great time dining at z'tejas! It all starts with a friendly management staff and flows down to the rest of the staff. The food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPeggyDined on 12/28/2013One of our favorites, always have had great service, great food and we love the complimentary cornbread and honey butter that arrives before our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food & LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013We had great service, decent food, however it was quite loud and difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- One of my favoriteslunchladiesDined on 12/3/2013Has always been one of my favorites! Have never had a bad meal or experience there. Great place for lunch or dinner. Food is wonderful as is the staff.Special Features:
- WowscubasteveDined on 11/22/2013Probably the best Southwest/Mexican food experience in all of Phoenix...Special Features:
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013We love your restaurant. Open one in Peoria at the 4 corners!!! Desperate for good food here. Also, our waiter was wonderful. We love the one on Shea and Tatum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Z'TejassdmmbayVIPDined on 11/9/2013I had always wanted to try south coast plaza in costs Mesa site. Finally enjoyed the paradise valley restaurant. Our server was fantastic. Great table side guacamole. Delicious tortilla soup and pork enchiladas. Fantastic specialty chambered margaritas. Yum,yum,yum and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyOnthegoDined on 11/1/2013If you want to have a nice quiet dinner this is not the place for you. The bar is located in the center of the restaurant with dinner seating all around the bar. They do have a live musician. We met another couple for dinner and requested a table away from the music. Other than sit outside on the patio, there are no really quiet areas - just some a little further away from the music. It was extremely hard to have a conversation with our friends and basically waited for the musician to take a break before attempting to chat.Special Features:
- Always reliablemariVIPDined on 10/14/2013We have been coming to Z'tejas for years. It always is a great meal. The food is always nicely seasoned. An added treat on this visit was Happy hour till 7pm. I love the chambord margaritas--they are known for these. They were $5. I had the trout entree. was very good. My husband picked a fish dish from the seasonal menu--also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SATISFIEDPATIKADined on 10/12/2013Haven't been there in a long long time. Everything was excellent. Don't know why I haven't gone back sooner.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!!MichaeleneDined on 9/28/2013I like to try their specials and I haven't been disappointed yet. Service was prompt and we were asked how the food was after we had tried it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to gohummerDined on 9/27/2013Always a great place to go on Friday after a long work weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.