7221 W. Ray Road
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/arizona/chandler/
- Phone: 4808937550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Jay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off Site catering is available by contacting Sarah Robinson, Event Sales Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Z'Tejas Chandler
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Z'Tejas Chandler - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Z'Tejas Chandler reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedLuv2eatDined on 10/19/2014Haven't been back for perhaps 3 years and decided to try again. Food was very good and nicely presented. The server was very polite and courteous. Birthday celebration with the family was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke chicken pablano chili!LocalfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Tried something new it was really delecious. My husband always gets the pasta Diablo he loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itazphyllis1Dined on 9/28/2014After passing by this restaurant for a few years, we finally decided to stop in. We were seated right away and the wait staff was pretty attentive. I wasn't that impressed with the tortilla soup; I thought it had too much of a canned/commercial taste, however my husband like it. The tilapia was cooked to perfection, and when they describe it as a spice glaze, they aren't kidding! I had the ancho fudge pie which was excellent, the hubs enjoyed the coconut tres leches. The servings are huge so either bring a friend to share it with or big appetite.
- Nice 'Brunch'AZSlim2005Dined on 9/21/2014We had four people for what Z'Tejas calls there 'Brunch'. It is really a breakfast menu with a very good large muffin and a cup of fruit . . . along with the meal one orders. All four of us were pleased with our meal choices. Our service was very good! I should also mention the optional drink bar - two kinds of Bloody Marys, Screwdriver, and/or Mimosa. Lots fun things at the bar to add to the drinks. Very nice OA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not HappyLeRoyDined on 9/19/2014It was too many people. It was too noisy (we couldn't hear each other talk). The food was good, but not special. This the first time we visited this location. We were expecting a quite romantic restaurant with excellent food that we experienced at your Scottsdale location.Special Features:
- Very NoisyramidelDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant itself seemed to be the "typical" chain type restaurant. Very crowed on a Friday night, and so, very noisy inside. My date and I could barely hear each other across the table. There were quite a few large groups, which I would think is the best use of this restaurant. The food was good, not great, service was okay, again not great, and I think a little pricy for what you get. Bottom line, I would not go back. There are too many really good places to eat in the area to frequent an so-so chain.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Great dishes and best frozen margs in town. Seasonal dishes are worth a try.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014Just had their eggs and bacon, no toast is served, had to ask for English muffin was barely toasted, my friend wanted some jelly and they did finally bring it out and it was rock hard could not be used. They need to offer toast selections when eggs are served The server I left $5.00 tip for a $14 bill so he took the $5.00 off my bill, I told him the $5.00 was for him, I did leave $5.00 on the credit card he was not too sharp.Special Features:
- Pure enjoyment!DiningDivaDined on 8/23/2014Z has become our 2nd home. Wait staff is friendly, attentive but never annoying. Food is consistently good and they seem to change up the menu frequently enough that it never gets old for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FindcoltonsellersDined on 7/25/2014So glad we found Z'tejas! Loved the food and our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- Good "street tacos" & cornbreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The yummy "street tacos" (an appetizer) & cornbread (free) made a full meal for me.Special Features:
- The following 174 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Chandler reviews archive.
- Great Food, Fun Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Although we had to wait an extra 15 minutes for our table due to the Father's Day rush, once we were seated, we had a good time and enjoyed the food. We expected a rushed, busy atmosphere on Father's Day, but it seemed like the restaurant was unprepared, and we had to wait about ten minutes after getting our drinks before the waiter returned to take our order. By that time we were trying to flag him down. The mac 'n cheese for the 4-yr-old wasn't to his liking - too different from what he was used to - but he declared the grilled chicken on top "delishush" and tried to get us all to taste it. My hickory burger was amazing and huge - enough for two meals for me. I took half home. The 10-yr-old's pancakes were more than she could eat. Great!Special Features:
- dissatisfied and disappointedgigiDined on 6/15/2014We frequent ztejas quite a bit so I brought my family there for fathers day brunch. . It took a whole hour to get our food and three of the 6 plates were cold I was asked to have them reheated and I agreed the plates still came back cold... The beans were dry from reheating it and food was cold. . I Was very disappointed because it was my parents first time there and they did not enjoy the experience...The manager was kind to take off two plates from the bill...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EKPBDined on 5/25/2014We were a party of 6, a couple of our dinners came out cold. When they were remade and reserved they were so hot that people had to wait for it to cool down to be able to eat them. Cobbler desert swimming in butter very unappetizing. Also, the pan it was served in was so hot that the ice cream melted incredibly fast - very disappointing. while the place was not as busy as we have seen it in the past, the waitress was not able to stop by enough to provide drink service. The manager stopped by an apologized but only mentioned the cold food issue and did not stay long enough for us to talk about anything else as he was trying to get to many tables at that time.
- TrynewplacesVIPDined on 5/25/2014We had amazing service and it was really busy while we were there. I wish I could remember my waitresses name because she deserves a giant shout out. She said she had been working there for 9 years and it was apparent! We were a party of 8 and our waitress was beyond patient accommodating everyone's requests. She was always two steps ahead of us bringing out drinks, answering questions, and making recommendations. The build your own drink bar was delicious and so fun! The menu items were unique and delicious. It was a great place for our group and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Husband got kid meal...WhoanylleDined on 5/24/2014When we asked our waitress for suggestions for my husband to get something that didn't have tomatoes in it, she ended up recommending a dish and as it was loud, he said fine. It turned out to be a kids macaroni & cheese with 4 skimpy strips of chicken on it. I got salmon that was slightly burnt on the bottom. Not a thrilling meal.
- really noisy, not "energetic"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014we did have a good dinner, celebration, but it is a noisy place....our server was really on spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very noisy but funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014large, energetic party next to us but still had a great meal and time at ZTejas. Both friends i went with never had been and loved the food. They will be backSpecial Features:
- Southwestern Food at it's FinestFoodforFunDined on 5/21/2014You won' t be disappointed when you dine at Z' s! A friendly neighborhood restaurant ready to satisfy your Southwestern foodie urges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service and FoodSpectacularDined on 5/12/2014We had a great time for dinner, celebrating Mother's Day! Super service!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayZiggy2Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation, since it was Mother's Day. We were seated promptly, even though it was very busy. Some people were waiting outside for seats. I assume they didn't have a reservation. Our waiter came quickly and took our drink and appetizer order. When my daughter picked up her water glass, it broke in her hand. It was cleaned up quickly. The waiter checked on us frequently and finally sent the manager over to tell us our order hadn't been processed yet and would be comped . We finally got our food after 1 hour and 15 minutes. We had plenty of time to talk, which we enjoyed. We also enjoyed the food. Having our meal comped after a long wait was appreciated. Our service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spotsEatsOutALotDined on 5/11/2014Z'Tejas has been one of my famly's favorite restaurants for a long time. I've tried many of the entrees and have never been disappointed. The cast-iron skillet dumplings are outstanding, and the service has always been great.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOutstandingDined on 5/11/2014Haven't been here in a while due to personal logistics. ..forgot what we'd been missing. Food, Service and Management far above average. Already planning our next visit. Best choice for my Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!jess86rnDined on 5/11/2014This is the second year we have gone to this Z tejas for mother's day brunch. It was SO BUSY which was to be expected. I made a reservation through open table and we were seated right away which was great. The service was pretty good especially because it was so busy. The food was horrible. I usually love Z tejas but ugh. My order was absolutely disgusting. I have never sent anything back in my life so I didn't send it back this time either but I really should have. I am 8 months pregnant and will pretty much eat anything right now ha. I ordered the migras and it was soggy, the cheese was hard as a rock, it said scrambled eggs was part of the meal but all I found was a thin flat egg mixed in with soggy chips. Blech. It was terrible.
- Crazy service, arrogant hostLaureliVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food gave me a stomach ache afterward. Very gassy stuff. One server was v. sweet. Otherwise this place was a bust.Special Features:
- LOUD! Mediocre food-friendly staff!AZfoodiefanDined on 5/9/2014We had 5:30 reservations and arrived about 7 minutes late. No parking spots so my husband dropped me off. We got a table immediately and I told the host that we had a 7:30 show. Our server was friendly, polite and got our food out quickly! Unfortunately, the entire experience was not good. So loud, you couldn't even have a conversation. My husband's chicken fajitas weren't hot fresh and sizzling as they always are where ever you get them! Chick portion was small and dry. I loved the flavor of the seafood enchiladas, but folks, other than the two shrimp on top, they were mushroom and spinach enchiladas. What a disappointment! This was our date night and dinner was a bust! Don't bother unless you like loud, crazy and mediocre food.Special Features:
- Always a taste sensation!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch at Z'Tejas! The food and service were as wonderful as I previously remembered...and of course the cornbread never fails to deliver! Z'Tejas is a taste sensation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- got a table right awayschatziDined on 5/2/2014Glad I made a reservation. On Saturday the place was packed and got my table right away. Great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014There was no management on our visit. People were waiting outside for a table. Our reservations were honored, but on the way to our table we noticed numerous empty tables that had not been cleared. We had to wait 30 minutes for our drinks since they had no clean martini glasses. The food was slow to arrive and the tortillas for my fajitas were cold. They had not even been heated. Oh well, lets eat and get out of this place. This used to be a great, well-managed restaurant. It has moved into a bush-league, non-managed restaurant.
- Easter Brunch - Poor Servicefoodie21Dined on 4/20/2014We dine at Z Tejas often, however our waiter was absolutely clueless. We had to remind him several times and repeat ourselves over and over so that he could hear, when he should have moved closer to us. He screwed up the orders and the final bill. He was not friendly and not helpful at all. The manager had to come by and fix the orders. He didn't seem to know what he was doing. On Easter Sunday - the service should have been much better!Special Features:
- Best brunchKajohnson327mbdube9Dined on 4/20/2014Love the twist on food & best Bloody Mary bar! Love the jerk chicken hash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, but brunch menu items?letseatDined on 4/20/2014Z Tejas has great lunch and dinner menu items and it is one of our favorite places. This was our first time for brunch and I'm not as crazy about their brunch items. Guess I will just have to keep trying different items 'til I find a favorite! OpenTable got us a reservation for Easter brunch when our direct phone call couldn't!Special Features:
- great brunchOhyeaDined on 4/20/2014The food is very good and the bloody mary bar is great. We went for easter brunch and the kids loved the Easter egg hunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!alwaysdiningDined on 4/2/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere! Reservations available if you don't want to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong Drinks, Disappointing FoodakanterDined on 3/29/2014My first drink was a spicy watermelon Margarita and all I could taste was tequila. I hate being that person, but I couldn't stomach it and switched to a frozen Chambord Margarita, which was sightly better but still super strong tasting. Food was okay, but not impressive. I've been to cheaper places and gotten more flavor and a better serving size. On a positive note, the cornbread and shrink tostadas were great. Service was good and server was very polite.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere. A little on the noisy side but you can't beat it. I will be back.Special Features:
- Unfortunately Underwhelmed,Again...JillianDined on 3/6/2014This place always comes up as a suggested place to take out of town guests... Unfortunately, we are always underwhelmed with the quality and presentation of the dinner menu. The margaritas are always bitter, never an enjoyable experience. After many visits, unfortunately, we will not be returning...Special Features:
- Excellent service, especiallyphilcDined on 3/2/2014Excellent service, especially the server. The bloody mary bar for the weekend brunch was outstanding and the bar was constantly being restocked as the crowd flowed through. definitely going back for future outings and recommending to friends and associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but loudmoonfoodieDined on 2/28/2014Did I mention it was loud? I mean LOUD!! Good place if you're there just for the food, which was fine, but not recommended if you want to talk to your table mates, too. My voice was horse after a couple hours.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual Z'Tejas TrekStanDined on 2/18/2014I meet a former business colleague every year for lunch when she and her husband winter in the Phoenix area. For the past few years we have met at Z'Tejas in Chandler, which is about halfway for each of us. We keep going back because the food is very good, and there's always some special that we enjoy. We have also never been failed by the service. If I look to find some complaint, it's the noise level, which seems a bit loud for these old ears. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.