Z'Tejas - Bethany Home
1525 E. Bethany Home Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85014Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas - Bethany Home
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ztejas.com/
- Phone: 6026802806x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Robinson 4803381456x
A word from Z'Tejas - Bethany Home
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly.
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Z'Tejas - Bethany Home - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Z'Tejas - Bethany Home reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- localfoodie14Dined on 7/19/2014Had dinner here on a week-end night. Food and service were terrific; however, the temperature at our table was freezing! The AC unit vents are over the dining tables which makes for not only un-comfortable body temps but it also cools the food. We had lunch here awhile back and sat in a different area and again the same problem. We brought it to the attention of our server in hopes the management may be able to have the system reviewed. May stick with their other location for the time being.Special Features:
- niceyummyDined on 7/18/2014the place was great i ordered something too hot but they replaced it and gave my meal to take home ... overall i will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Waitress was Amazing and kind. Made great recommendations for food and drinks. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food As AlwaysAlasizonDined on 7/4/2014Z'Tejas always has great food and the Tejas Trio is great to share. As my fifth or sixth time here, the food was definitely on track but the service was lacking. Given it was a quiet 4th of July, it was pretty disappointing. However, I think this simply was the server not caring. Other that that, great place as always.Special Features:
- DisappointedMark2davidDined on 7/2/2014The service was excellent, but the food was disappointing, specifically tortillas soup tasted like it came out of a can. My dinner was a a chicken burrito smothered with sauce, it was doughy and raw onions didn't even eat half of it. I spent 60.00 dollars and the only highlight was my wife said she received the best margarita ever.
- DaveUDined on 6/28/2014Turkey Burger is the best. With tortilla soup. Great combo !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food butgodilovemasonDined on 6/27/2014The food was great. I was surprised to learn that they served farmed salmon, but that didn't ruin the meal. The waitress we had was awesome, and my group loved her. The restaurant was crazy loud, but once we got used to it, it was no big deal. I'd never come here on a date though... way too loud. Good good food. Great food, perfect for a group.Special Features:
- FriskyarDined on 6/27/2014Poor choice on my part for first time meeting of blind date. Place was so noisy could hardly hear each other - and we were in the dinning room. Service was inconsistent and slow. Food was satisfactory but not good enough for me to recommend this particular "Z" to friends.Special Features:
- Worth the near 1-hour driveJrzyGirlDined on 6/20/2014Looks like a great place for happy hour in the bar! Ate in the main dining area. Happy hour drinks were not watered down. Service from Jake was excellent. The appetizer shrimp tostadas were delish. Habanero chicken entree on the summer menu was also delish. But oddly, the house specialty fajitas were a disappointment. There was hardly enough chicken to make even 2 fajitas, even though you get enough of everything other ingredient to make 3. The chicken also lacked seasoning. Oh, and on a Friday at 6pm, don't bother looking for a parking spot. Use the complimentary valet.Special Features:
- Love Southwestern FoodJulieDined on 6/18/2014Great happy hour food at decent prices, and love most other items on the menu. The service was awesome. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole new kind of MexicanluvstoeatDined on 6/14/2014I believe the food is called Tex-Mex. It was fresh and had great flavor. The portions were perfect for one person. Thank you Z'Tejas and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers and DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Z'Tejas is a neighborhood gem. Kudos to our server, Lisa, who was very attentive (and patient) without being obtrusive. She was very accommodating to food restrictions a member of our party had, too. We started off with an assortment of apps; the grilled shrimp & guacamole tostada bites, ahi chipotle citrus bites, and the street tacos. The entrees were ok, but the desserts were a slam dunk! Peach cobbler, ancho fudge pie, and mint cheesecake. What more can you ask for? For sure, we'll be back to enjoy apps and desserts at this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Z'TejasFun2eatDined on 5/11/2014Z'Tejas was fun, relaxing, and a great atmosphere. The food was delicious and the waitress knew a lot about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchCruzerDined on 5/11/2014First time at Ztejas. I would strongly recommend it and will return soon. Service was very good - Prices were reasonable - Appetizer and Food were Very Good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbiencebobazDined on 5/10/2014I know this is a bar and a lot of people, however, the noise level is just a little too much for four people who want to enjoy dining and conversation.Special Features:
- Awesome!!LittleJewelDined on 5/8/2014LOVE the open windows!!!!! A new favorite hot spot to meet my friends. Great service and food, too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Z'Tejas - Bethany Home reviews archive.
- LunchSteveWDined on 5/4/2014Had lunch here after the home show. Food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. Would recommend and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Portions/Late AppetizerwineNdineDined on 5/3/2014Was a bit surprised to find the dinner portion of the chicken fajitas to be smaller than the lunch portion I had a few weeks prior. In addition, took an unusually long time to get table side guacamole appetizer. Dinner arrived shortly after appetizer so not much time to enjoy before our entrees. First time left a bit disappointed.Special Features:
- Fish Tacos are lousytoopickyDined on 5/3/2014Please avoid the fish tacos. They are stuffed with coleslaw and the fish was over cooked and generally terrible. The chicken burrito was pretty decent. Chocolate pie tasty good with lots of nuts but the presentation was poor.
- Awesome Easter BrunchWadeDined on 4/20/2014The Easter Brunch was great. The Easter Bunny was a nice touch for the kids. The menu is big and the food was very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, it was excellent! We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Great Happy Hour deals and the Chambord margarita was to die for. The food is consistently good despite this being a chainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treat!gourmand1Dined on 3/21/2014A favorite place to dine; I dine there twice a week. The food is absolutely fabulous. Expansive menu. Great flavor pairings. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Z'Tejas in Phx--nice design!sphoenixDined on 3/1/2014Have always loved the food at Z'Tejas but dislike the layout of the Chandler and Tempe locations--basically one large, very noisy room. We prefer midweek dining as opposed to the weekends because of the noise level. However, the layout of the new Phoenix location is great! Partial walls that separate areas; much quieter! And we were there on a Saturday evening. The food is still very good! Z'Tejas should consider what renovations they could do at their other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed OverallShawnDined on 2/22/2014We usually go out to independant places each week to support the local effort plus they are usually better but took a chance on the new ZTejas in the Camelback area. Well, the building in nice and open but the nice stops there. Our server was MIA almost the whole night. There were open tables (at least 4 at all times) so I know he wasn't that busy. Our drink order took forever then we were overcharged for the first round. I didn't say anything because it would have been an eternity to fix. The second round came so late we were 95% done with our meal. The food (Voodoo Tuna x 2 plus tableside guac app) was nothing to write home about. Guac was bland and had little flavor. I would not recommend this place. Sorry.
- Awesome!AaronParadiseValleyDined on 2/13/2014Dave was an excellent server, and the alfresco dining was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service - great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014our food was delicious, but was very slow in coming from the kitchen. The server offered free appetizer coupons without us saying anything at all. That was appreciated. but then we waited over 20 minutes just for 1 piece of dessert pie. We almost just left, but it was for a birthday for a freind. Way to long for a working lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Z'Tejas while attendingSandyDined on 1/31/2014Went to Z'Tejas while attending a conference in Phoenix and we really enjoyed it. The waiter provided excellent recommendations from the menu and bar and was very attentive to our individual requests. I had the white sangria, guacamole, and catfish tacos and all 3 were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- no goodmouseDined on 1/3/2014Took along time to get drinks. Way to much alcohol in the margarita's very strong. Food was average had better for the money.Special Features:
- My family was impressedtatonyaDined on 1/1/2014I had family in from out of town and they really enjoyed there food and service. The ambience is A+ at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best New Year's Eve happyRegularDined on 12/31/20133-7 pm I had the shrimp tostada's and shared the street tacos . They let us slide for New Years with 5 margaritas instead of the typical maximum of 3 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSteveWDined on 12/20/2013Enjoyable evening out! Food was great and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent guacamole - tableside.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2013Excellent guacamole - tableside. Good salad - good service. Enjoyed their Chambord Margaritas.....Special Features:
- Great flavors, reasonable pricesOut4foodDined on 12/2/2013We'd not been to a Z Tejas in a while but wanted to try this new one in our neighborhood . What a treat. Such flavorful, reasonably priced food accompanied by happy hour $5 margaritas. We'll be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2013We have dined at the Tatum and Shea location for years and love it but decided to try this one as it was new and we were in the area. The restaurant is beautiful and airy. The food we had were entrees we have had numerous times at the other one. Neither tasted the same - in fact they were not good at all. Service was horrible and slow yet there were very few occupied tables. Unlike the other Z Tejas there didn't appear to be a manager on duty or if there was he or she was in hiding. All in all, it was not an enjoyable evening. We will stick with the Z Tejas we usually go to.
- Get there before 6 PM andLuckyoneDined on 11/2/2013Get there before 6 PM and get most drinks and appetizers for $5 each. The appetizer portion size is very generous: the same size you would get if you ordered the appetizers from the dinner menu. These easily substitute as a dinner entree'. Food is excellent. The atmosphere is upbeat and trendy. Wait staff are very accommodating, and the freshly made corn bread is boundless. Perfect combination for a casual evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurantCindyDined on 11/1/2013This was the first time we've eaten at this location. We are frequent customers of the Z Tejas at Tatum & Shea. This location has great windows that open up. It was perfect for the weather right now. We did notice service was a bit slower. It seemed like we were waiting for our server for quite a while to greet us and get our orders, however It was a busy Friday night.Special Features:
- UnfortunatelyUnfortunatelyDined on 10/26/2013A medical emergency took place.... During our dinner.. The noise level from fire truck was unfortunately very loud..... Management made no effort or compensation to patrons for the lengthy disturbance. Patient was under good care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and relax.neopondDined on 10/25/2013Excellent Service and the tableside gaucamole is the best! The happy hour is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a special diet clientMichaelTheFramerDined on 10/24/2013When my wife and I, and a cousin arrived at Z Tejas, we were seated at a great window table. We didn't realize it before, but our cousin has certain dietary restrictions that could've been a problem. The waiter was very patient, took the "special" order and when he returned, made our cousin feel that all the restrictions she mentioned were taken care of. The meal went very well. Our thanks to the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to Impress!VikingGirlDined on 10/13/2013Third time to the newly-opened restaurant, and the food is simply excellent! The service is usually terrific and but tonight the server seemed a bit off, so not as good as we expected, but still adequate. They don't have outside dining, but there is seating next to the glass walls that open up, so it's very nice. Too bad the view is of the parking lot, but it's not a distraction... Soups are terrific and it's tough to beat the Sunday Dinner deal. The green chile enchiladas were perfect, and it's so nice to be able to find spicy Tex-Mex that actually has a bite to it. We'll be back - and soon!Special Features: