Z'Tejas - Bellevue
535 Bellevue Square #H
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/washington/seattle-bellevue/
- Phone: 4254675911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Derek Stewart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Z'Tejas - Bellevue
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z'Tejas - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last night, last Chambord MargsWsu1351Dined on 1/26/2013Has been a favorite, centrally located spot for my friend and I to meet for happy hours. Closed for business, now apparently we will have to find a new spot, or go out of state for my favorite margarita ever.Special Features:
- It was great. Too bad thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2013It was great. Too bad that was its last night to be open in bellevue
- Good till the last night.petercVIPDined on 1/26/2013Unfortunately, this was the last night Z'Tejas was open due to the landlord, Kemper Freeman, jacking up their rent. It is a loss for Bellevue downtown and all of us who really enjoyed their food. Staff were professional up to the last minute. I applaud them for their professionalism. Nice.
- We meet/eat at Z'Tejas often;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2013We meet/eat at Z'Tejas often; the food is good and the location convenient. I would like to see fish tacos on the menu that are not blackened fish, nor catfish, nor talapia.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Fresh food with lots of tastes and the corn bread can't be beat.Special Features:
- It is sad...GourmandVIPDined on 1/19/2013It is really a shame that Z'Tejas will be closing on 1/26/13. We loved this restaurant and to make it worse they aren't even going to another location. A real bummer. I will miss the Diablo Pasta and Ancho Fudge Pie!!!!!Special Features:
- The food and service are Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013The food and service are Excellent! I am really sad that it is closing :( Have been there twice within a month and both times the experience was wonderful.
- the Happy Hour menu is a bargain.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013the Happy Hour menu is a bargain. The food is inexpensive and good. In addition, you can eat in the restaurant during happy hour. I do not like their mixed drinks-I believe they use excess sugar and cheap liquor. I understand they have a brunch on Sundays with inexpensive and good tasting bloody Marys.
- My boyfriend and I came hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012My boyfriend and I came here for New Year's Eve and loved it! The food was fabulous and our server was wonderful. We enjoyed the ambiance and even got to see the last night of Snowflake Lane. All-in-all, a great experience and we will definitely come back here again!Special Features:
- Will miss youCathyDined on 12/30/2012We will really miss this restaurant when it leaves Bellevue in January! So sorry to see it go.Special Features:
- Will miss this placeMegamomSeattleDined on 12/24/2012Really too bad they are closing in January 2013! Go now & have a cilantro margarita with Jalepenos ! Loved my salmon miso.Special Features:
- Very good dinner with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Very good dinner with friends. Restaurant was busy but service was timely and food good.Special Features:
- Yum, yumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2012We had dinner before the Snowflake Lane Christmas Show. We caught the tail end of happy hour which was a nice surprise. We were seated early for our reservation and had a lovely meal. My husband always gets the tortilla soup so it must be good ;-) I ordered the southwest caesar salad as a side along with the pork nachos (huge portion btw) both yummy, my son, 15, really liked the trout tacos (great sauce) and my daughter, 12, liked her kids's tacos. Service was excellent as always even amongst the holiday crowd. My only complaint is that most of the mixed drinks are $9, too steep for me ;-) Oh, and one last tip, on a previous visit we were blown away by all the delectable dishes at brunch.Special Features:
- Good timesdanieruDined on 12/20/2012Good food and ambiance. Restaurant staff is nice and caters to everyone's needsSpecial Features:
- Everything we ordered was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2012Our waitress was outstanding and the menu full of enticing dishes. We had a difficult time choosing our entree--everything on the menu sounded delicious. My chili relleno stuff with chicken, apricots and raisins was fabulous. The complimentary corn bread was hard to beat. Their wine by the glass had one of favorite wines--14 Hands--which I haven't seen very often on a wine list. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Only able to visit here 2Gr8eats2000Dined on 12/11/2012Only able to visit here 2 times before our location closed! Such a shame too, as it became our favorite restaurant on our first visit! The food was fresh, tasty, and a pleasant change from most of the food we've eaten (both out and home-cooked) in the last few years and we eat out most weekends! There is nothing that is even close to this type of food in our town now. Going to have to plan a trip to the desert just to have me some of their awesome food! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 5 satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012We were a party of 5 with various food allergies and Z'Tejas had the perfect menu for all of us. My enchiladas barbacoa was delicious in a green sauce, the green chile rice moist. We had great service with a wonderful waitress.Special Features:
- Everything worked out as expected.BobPDined on 11/23/2012Everything worked out as expected. We were seated promptly at reservation time (although our table was right next to the ordering-register area); menu had an excellent variety; meals arrived quickly and were to everyone's liking. Will be sad to see this restaurant leave the Bellevue Square area in a few months....Special Features:
- Amazing prompt, friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Amazing prompt, friendly and helpful service. Thank you for a great dining experience.
- One of my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012One of my favorite restaurant on the eastside hands down. The food and service is great. I frequent visitor.Special Features:
- My girlfriend asked for 3OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2012My girlfriend asked for 3 different non-alcohol drinks and they did not have the ingredients for any. She settled for water. There were five of us at the table and my girlfriend ordered macaroni and cheese and they did not let us know until they brought all the other four meals. They did comp her the meal though.
- Busy but fun Friday night.Wsu1351Dined on 11/9/2012Busy but fun Friday night. We just had apps with our fabulous Chambord margaritas.Special Features:
- It was very busy, and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2012It was very busy, and our server did the best he could to keep up. The food was great! The margaritas were not as good as I remembered. Maybe they were rushing in the bar.Special Features:
- We were seated, waiter tookMikeDined on 10/14/2012We were seated, waiter took drinks, seemed to hurry us. We ordered appetizers, a large party was seated next to us (a local sportscaster) and here comes our appetizers followed by the entrees less than one minute later. That is entirely piss poor!!!!!!!!!! We told the waiter who replied "you seemed hungry"! We won't be back!!! Nor will anyone we know!!!
- Good when not crowdedLadyLeeDined on 10/13/2012I did it again and came at the wrong time. Bellevue Square was jammed, as was Z'tejas, which is probably why my experience was less than stellar. Come at lunch when it is relatively quiet and the food and service makes for a great experience. But come on a noisy, crowded evening and the service staff just falls apart. The hostess took absolutely no notice of the note on our reservation that we specifically wanted a table not a booth and we were shown to a booth. We ordered a tableside guac appetizer which never showed up, so we had it taken off our bill. The rest of food, however came out quickly and was delicious,but I miss my artichoke stacked chicken which is no longer on the menu! But a server can make or break a dining experience.Special Features:
- Z'Tejas is good value and good fun50somethingDined on 10/12/2012Z'Tejas is a worthwhile and predictable dining experience. Our servers were attentive and helpful. Our food arrived promptly. We were recommended the Swordfish special which several of ordered. We were not disappointed. The swordfish was tender and succulent. Not overcooked. Not an easy feat in a large restaurant and serving a table of 6. Good value. Fun. Good atmosphere.Special Features:
- It was a nice meal with friends.tsushimaDined on 10/11/2012It was a nice meal with friends. Nothing special though it someone's birthdaySpecial Features:
- Love the cornbread to start.petercVIPDined on 9/30/2012Love the cornbread to start. Always get me ready. The rest of the food was great, drinks reasonable, and our waitress was very attentive for her first day on the job. Z'tejas may be a chain, but they act like an independent owned restaurant.Special Features:
- I took my son and daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012I took my son and daughter to Z'Tejas for a special birthday lunch. We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience. The food was wonderful, as well as the service. I am looking forward to returning soon. I have told several friends already about our great lunch at your fine establishment! Thank You! Jo Ann ReiersonSpecial Features:
- We suggested meeting friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2012We suggested meeting friends for dinner at Z'Tejas based on our previous dining experience during happy hour. Service was fine, we each enjoyed our meals (moderately priced), and at the end of the evening our friends thanked us for introducing them to the restaurant. We all agreed that Tex-Mex Z'Tejas offers unique and interesting dishes that are a change of pace from the usual Mexican fare. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for a fun evening out and a menu that offers something different.Special Features:
- Lunch was always great butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2012Lunch was always great but Sunday for dinner not as great.Special Features:
- The servers made a huge effortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012The servers made a huge effort to accommodate our group of 18 people, including putting our cake in the fridge and bringing it out with candles and everything. They really made it a special night.Special Features:
- Non-existent service - good foodExcellentVIPDined on 7/10/2012To make a very long review short, the 4 apps we FINALLY got were the catfish beignet, the street tacos, the pan dumplings, and the tableside guac. All were excellent, as was the bartender Kavin. 5 star all the way. My "main" problem is that we waited for 20 minutes after being seated for someone to come around to offer drinks or give us water, nothing. husband went to the bar for us. finished drinks and decided to go try to get food in the bar. Kaven took care of us personally. we had been in the bar earlier so he was almost as livid as us that we never got even one bit of serice. Plus it was by birthday and our fist visit, plus we just moved to town, so it was all very disappointing, except the food and Kavin. Probably won't be backSpecial Features:
- Unfriendly hostessesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Good, but they should consider hostesses that know how to deal with the public, instead of trying (too hard) to look like supermodels.Special Features:
- I like the food but on a SaturdayCathyDined on 6/23/2012I like the food but on a Saturday night it was a struggle to get to a parking spot. At 6:00 PM, it was chaotic and noisy. We will come back but on a weekday.
- Can't beat the blackened catfishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012Can't beat the blackened catfish tacos and warm cornbread!Special Features:
- Former favorite gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2012My wife ordered a shrimp pasta that had been a favorite. The sauce (typically thick) was soupy, and with an "off" taste, as if the pasta or shrimp hadn't been drained properly. She sent it back and ordered a chicken dish instead, which she reported was "okay" when it arrived 15 mins later. They've changed the bread and meat on the Z'Burger since I was there last. The formerly awesome (egg?) bun is now bland white, the new thinner patty was ovoercooked from the medium I'd ordered. My fries arrived cold, and when I sent them back, I'd finished my burger before I got replacements. And all Z'Tejas did to compensate was take the inedible pasta off our check. Not even an offer of dessert, much less a comp'd dish. We're not likely to return.
- The food was exceptional,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012The food was exceptional, as usual. The service was great and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2012Most memorable thing about the restaurant was the noise. We had a table of 6 and you could only talk to the person sitting next to you because of the room noise. Screaming toddler behind us didn't help. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Our table was ready for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2012Our table was ready for us when we arrived The service was very good Everyone enjoyed their lunchSpecial Features: