Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
10525 W. Parmer Lane
Austin, TX 78717Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/texas/avery-ranch/
- Phone: (512) 388-7772
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Isaac Conner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch - Best Restaurants in Round Rock ›
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (31)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (17)hot spot (12)romantic (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great menu choicessfgalDined on 11/11/2014We enjoyed our lunch on Veterans Day. Their support of veterans drew us to check them out and we can't wait to return. My husband enjoyed the seafood enchiladas and I loved the tortilla soup. (Some of the best I've had). The warm cornbread is a real treat. Service is great although our server isn't a warm person, she was attentive and pleasant. We will definitely return and can't wait to try their happy hour.Special Features:
- not so greatbubsterDined on 11/8/2014I was pumped to get in at Z'Tejas on a Saturday during football season. We were seated quickly. Not crowded at 6 p.m. We received the food quickly. Tepid soup that tasted like tomato soup from a can with macaroni noodles. Disappointing to say the least. Previous experience at this same site was also a let down. I don't care much for the updated menu. The food was just not very good.
- Excellent foodotrfanDined on 11/7/2014I had the pork tenderloin stuffed with poblano and chorizo, it was fantastic! It definitely had some heat but it was a welcome part of the meal. I would happily try it again. My wife had the crispy salmon and she too was very pleased. The Sixth Street margaritas are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedTinkaDined on 11/7/2014I've been to Z'Tejas several times over the last few years, probably once every other month. It used to be a consistently good choice. However, after my most recent visit I am no longer a big fan. First of all, there is a new menu format and it is not something I would expect from a nice restaurant. It reminds me more of being at Applebee's or Chili's...not good. The food seemed very bland and average as did the service. I'm really surprised that a restaurant as good as this went from being a great place to eat to very average or even below average.
- FriendlyORL1Dined on 11/1/2014The young staff were friendly even to older people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You just can't beat Z TejassrnaustinVIPDined on 10/24/2014Z Tejas is always our go to spot for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Very tasty, well prepared foods.BornInLa1Dined on 10/18/2014You won't be disappointed eating here on the patio on a cool evening. We ate with a group of 7 outdoors, the tostada bites are a must for an appetizer and I had fish with rice and grilled veggies (had it on other occasions also). Our entire group loved their food and the ambiance on the patio. I can't remember on the other one time I ate at this location how the noise level is inside. The bar area inside though has a really good energy. You shouldn't be disappointed here.Special Features:
- Great Tex Mex food.Rosey1Dined on 10/15/2014A delicious array of foods that you don't find elsewhere. A nice selection of treats in the Tex Mex style. Nicely prepared for the tasting pallet. Gives new meaning to what Happy Hour should be like. Be ready for delicious food, drink and friendly caring service. You won't be disappointed and you will come back for more.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineLuvQualityDined on 10/11/2014Great Food, priced very reasonable, service cannot be beat. We were celebrating a birthday, what a treat to have a complimentary desert for the birthday girl !!! We've dined here before, we will come back again because of all the right stuff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbabygirl88Dined on 10/10/2014Having been here for the first time, I was very pleased. The blackened catfish tacos were delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceFloggerDined on 10/10/2014Great food, good service(friendly, courteous, attentive), but very loud in the dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our goto place....SprenklesWhoDineDined on 9/28/2014this is our goto place when we have friends or family in from out of town for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceiclightgrl6Dined on 9/23/2014Pot stickers and Wedge Salad were delicious and reasonably priced for lunch. Michael, our server, was fabulous!! Very attentive and friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Carrissa was an excellent server. Food was tasty and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday birthday deinner my daughterHappyDined on 9/14/2014Our oldest daughter is now 45 and wanted to celebrate at Z Tejas. So daughter, her husband, three kids 16, 9 & 9 went Sunday evening. I got 6 PM Sunday evening reservations on line - a snap, was called be staff at restaurant the day before to confirm (I liked that touch) and when we arrived waited less than 5 minutes while table was set. Dinner and drinks were great and the birthday girl's surprise chocolate pie with whipped cream and candle was appropriate for the evening. Well done wait staff. We all left happy and full,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RainsReviewsDined on 9/9/2014Food and service was great. Noise level was a little high for a business dinner meeting.Special Features:
- Dining experiencetexasfoodDined on 9/5/2014Great food, good for kids, extremely busy so recommend reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDivineDined on 9/4/2014The service was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Enjoyed out time, which with 2 children (3yr and 8yr) sometimes may be a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwestern food GemRosey1Dined on 9/2/2014Great menu with a nice variety to chose from. The food is really delicious. Every table is served the best hot cornbread you will ever taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Were Great!HaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great salads and the Chef Soup Selection was delicious. Our wait staff in-training (Mary) was outstanding. Thanks for a nice meal.Special Features:
- Lackluster ServiceSushiMamaDined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner Friday night with the family. Made reservation online - smooth process. Arrived at the restaurant, were greeted by the hostess and seated promptly at our table. Seemed like a great start to the evening but then everything went downhill. The service we received from our waiter was completely indifferent and that is not what I expect from this restaurant. It was almost like we had to force service out of him (if that makes sense). Food was great but lack of service put a damper on our night out. It was my first time here and I had heard nothing but good things about the place...sorry to say I won't be raving about our experience here. Maybe a different waiter/waitress would have made a difference.
- Worth the tripWitnessDined on 8/16/2014Discovered Z'Tejas by recommendation of a friend and coworker; 1st time was Father's Day, 2nd time just this past weekend. Definitely a place to take out of town guests and family when they visit Austin; food quite good and not too pricey.Special Features:
- Find a TableExcellent1Dined on 8/5/2014I starting using "TripAdvisor" for it gives the restaurant website and menus. I noticed on your site I could use "Find a Table". It gave me the times aviable and I check off when we would arrive. When we arrive there was a lot of people waiting and nowhere to sit. I just have surgery on my foot and can not stand very long and most people don't give up or offer you their seat anymore so we usually don't stay to eat. They had our name already on the list and We were seated within 5-minutes while there was a 25-minute wait. We will start and be a regular weekly customer here. The wait staff and chicken fried ribeye, roastiare chicken and chops best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSooze3821Dined on 8/2/2014We were very well taken care of throughout the entire meal. The food was fabulous! If there was one thing I could complain about it would be the noise level, but everything else made up for it. Our waiter was friendly and quickly took our order, food was delivered fast and hot. More food than I could finish! I have already recommended this place to several friends.Special Features:
- The following 254 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Avery Ranch reviews archive.
- Enjoyed our birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014We had a great time. We were there to celebrate a birthday and arrived for Happy Hour. Drinks arrived promptly ANC our server was friendly and knowledgable. Good food and great service! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NBrileyDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had heard this place had the bedt queso in town, so we tried it. Honestly it was not that good, it was ok but I wouldnt go there again or recommend ordering their queso. The food overall was ok, nothing extremely good. My husband and I were not impressed.
- great food, great service, but loudfoodandfriendsDined on 7/25/2014I'd never been to this restaurant before, but u has a great experience. The menu had a lot of good options, the food was good, our server was very polite and attentive. It was difficult (but not impossible) for our group to have a conversation because the room was pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN HAPPY HOUR ON FRIDAYSrenman1984Dined on 7/18/2014Met a friend here for dinner and drinks. It was the usual Friday night crush, as there are so few dining options close to Avery Ranch. I always enjoy the sweet cornbread and the shrimp and guacamole bits for starters. Also, try the mushroom enchiladas for something different.Special Features:
- Group of 7CmgabDined on 7/13/2014They did a great job seating a group of 7. The service and good were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!KedmistDined on 7/10/2014I love that I can find great tasting food choices that don't ruin my diet for the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Went for skinny margarita, but it wasn't as good as I remembered, maybe new recipe? Great appetizers.
- Always a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014I frequent this restaurant at least twice s month. I'm always greater by name and seated promptly. This evening I had the voodoo tuna. Always a pleasure. I have yet to try anything on the menu I don't like.Special Features:
- Great food, but too loud!StrimeDined on 6/20/2014Our meal at Z Tejas was wonderful but the very high noise level makes the atmosphere less than appealing. We were told it would even be worse as the night went on. It wasn't the bar patrons--friends sitting at the bar said it might even have been quieter there than where we were seated.
- Anniversary DinnermavsmomDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I got engaged at the Z'Tejas in the Arboretum so it was only fitting that we celebrated our anniversary at another Z'Tejas (this one is closer to work). The entire evening was fantastic from the excellent service to the amazing food (Tejas Trio for appetizer and Filets for both of us) to the complementary champagne and dessert for our anniversary. We had not been to Z'Tejas since the night we got engaged nearly 5 years ago and I now regret that we hadn't been back in a while. This will definitely be high on our list for future date nights and special occasions. I have since been back for happy hour and plan many more return trips.Special Features:
- What is going on in the kitchen?unhappyDined on 6/17/2014Service from our server, the hostesses, and managers was excellent as always, that's one facet I never have a complaint about, front of house is top notch. The flavor of the food is another sure thing, the menu is superb. What has been seriously off on the last two visits has been the kitchen. Cold food (that should be hot), overcooked, undercooked, wrong orders, and slow, including a 20 minute wait for a replacement chicken breast. I love coming here, so this has been really disappointing. I hope they get their act in gear before our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great time at the restaurant. The online reservation system worked wonderfully and the food was pretty good. I would not say this would be a good place to take a date but fun for a family as it is very loud inside. The service was a little slow but we went during a very busy time. Overall, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- A family staplemichelebDined on 6/15/2014We live only 5 minutes from Z, so anytime we want a great meal with good service and fun atmosphere that's where we head. It is perfect for dinner with hubby, meeting my girls for lunch or drinks, or Sunday brunch with family. The food is consistently good and the menu varied, so that there is something for everyone. Their fresh made apple-nut muffins are the best thing ever!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceHaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 6/6/2014Started with wonderful Margaritas and Street Tacos. It only got better with the Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Smoked Chicken Relleno. Kayla was so friendly - just a great server. We really enjoyed our evening. Thanks again.Special Features:
- chr1stmasDined on 6/6/2014Food is very good. Wait staff is also good and very friendly. Prices are fair for the quantity served. WAY TOO NOISY for most people.Special Features:
- Graduation BrunchlucicDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful family graduation brunch at Z'Tejas. Great food, good service and a wonderful time.Special Features: