Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
10525 W. Parmer Lane
Austin, TX 78717Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/texas/avery-ranch/
- Phone: 5123887772x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Isaac Conner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Z'Tejas Avery Ranch
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch - Best Restaurants in Round Rock ›
Z'Tejas Avery Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (34)special occasion (30)great for brunch (29)fit for foodies (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (24)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sunday birthday deinner my daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Our oldest daughter is now 45 and wanted to celebrate at Z Tejas. So daughter, her husband, three kids 16, 9 & 9 went Sunday evening. I got 6 PM Sunday evening reservations on line - a snap, was called be staff at restaurant the day before to confirm (I liked that touch) and when we arrived waited less than 5 minutes while table was set. Dinner and drinks were great and the birthday girl's surprise chocolate pie with whipped cream and candle was appropriate for the evening. Well done wait staff. We all left happy and full,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014Food and service was great. Noise level was a little high for a business dinner meeting.Special Features:
- Dining experiencetexasfoodDined on 9/5/2014Great food, good for kids, extremely busy so recommend reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDivineDined on 9/4/2014The service was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Enjoyed out time, which with 2 children (3yr and 8yr) sometimes may be a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwestern food GemRosey1Dined on 9/2/2014Great menu with a nice variety to chose from. The food is really delicious. Every table is served the best hot cornbread you will ever taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food Were Great!HaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great salads and the Chef Soup Selection was delicious. Our wait staff in-training (Mary) was outstanding. Thanks for a nice meal.Special Features:
- Lackluster ServiceSushiMamaDined on 8/22/2014Went for dinner Friday night with the family. Made reservation online - smooth process. Arrived at the restaurant, were greeted by the hostess and seated promptly at our table. Seemed like a great start to the evening but then everything went downhill. The service we received from our waiter was completely indifferent and that is not what I expect from this restaurant. It was almost like we had to force service out of him (if that makes sense). Food was great but lack of service put a damper on our night out. It was my first time here and I had heard nothing but good things about the place...sorry to say I won't be raving about our experience here. Maybe a different waiter/waitress would have made a difference.
- Worth the tripWitnessDined on 8/16/2014Discovered Z'Tejas by recommendation of a friend and coworker; 1st time was Father's Day, 2nd time just this past weekend. Definitely a place to take out of town guests and family when they visit Austin; food quite good and not too pricey.Special Features:
- Find a TableExcellent1Dined on 8/5/2014I starting using "TripAdvisor" for it gives the restaurant website and menus. I noticed on your site I could use "Find a Table". It gave me the times aviable and I check off when we would arrive. When we arrive there was a lot of people waiting and nowhere to sit. I just have surgery on my foot and can not stand very long and most people don't give up or offer you their seat anymore so we usually don't stay to eat. They had our name already on the list and We were seated within 5-minutes while there was a 25-minute wait. We will start and be a regular weekly customer here. The wait staff and chicken fried ribeye, roastiare chicken and chops best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSooze3821Dined on 8/2/2014We were very well taken care of throughout the entire meal. The food was fabulous! If there was one thing I could complain about it would be the noise level, but everything else made up for it. Our waiter was friendly and quickly took our order, food was delivered fast and hot. More food than I could finish! I have already recommended this place to several friends.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014We had a great time. We were there to celebrate a birthday and arrived for Happy Hour. Drinks arrived promptly ANC our server was friendly and knowledgable. Good food and great service! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NBrileyDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had heard this place had the bedt queso in town, so we tried it. Honestly it was not that good, it was ok but I wouldnt go there again or recommend ordering their queso. The food overall was ok, nothing extremely good. My husband and I were not impressed.
- great food, great service, but loudfoodandfriendsDined on 7/25/2014I'd never been to this restaurant before, but u has a great experience. The menu had a lot of good options, the food was good, our server was very polite and attentive. It was difficult (but not impossible) for our group to have a conversation because the room was pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN HAPPY HOUR ON FRIDAYSrenman1984Dined on 7/18/2014Met a friend here for dinner and drinks. It was the usual Friday night crush, as there are so few dining options close to Avery Ranch. I always enjoy the sweet cornbread and the shrimp and guacamole bits for starters. Also, try the mushroom enchiladas for something different.Special Features:
- Group of 7CmgabDined on 7/13/2014They did a great job seating a group of 7. The service and good were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!KedmistDined on 7/10/2014I love that I can find great tasting food choices that don't ruin my diet for the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Went for skinny margarita, but it wasn't as good as I remembered, maybe new recipe? Great appetizers.
- Always a pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014I frequent this restaurant at least twice s month. I'm always greater by name and seated promptly. This evening I had the voodoo tuna. Always a pleasure. I have yet to try anything on the menu I don't like.Special Features:
- Great food, but too loud!StrimeDined on 6/20/2014Our meal at Z Tejas was wonderful but the very high noise level makes the atmosphere less than appealing. We were told it would even be worse as the night went on. It wasn't the bar patrons--friends sitting at the bar said it might even have been quieter there than where we were seated.
- Anniversary DinnermavsmomDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I got engaged at the Z'Tejas in the Arboretum so it was only fitting that we celebrated our anniversary at another Z'Tejas (this one is closer to work). The entire evening was fantastic from the excellent service to the amazing food (Tejas Trio for appetizer and Filets for both of us) to the complementary champagne and dessert for our anniversary. We had not been to Z'Tejas since the night we got engaged nearly 5 years ago and I now regret that we hadn't been back in a while. This will definitely be high on our list for future date nights and special occasions. I have since been back for happy hour and plan many more return trips.Special Features:
- What is going on in the kitchen?unhappyDined on 6/17/2014Service from our server, the hostesses, and managers was excellent as always, that's one facet I never have a complaint about, front of house is top notch. The flavor of the food is another sure thing, the menu is superb. What has been seriously off on the last two visits has been the kitchen. Cold food (that should be hot), overcooked, undercooked, wrong orders, and slow, including a 20 minute wait for a replacement chicken breast. I love coming here, so this has been really disappointing. I hope they get their act in gear before our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great time at the restaurant. The online reservation system worked wonderfully and the food was pretty good. I would not say this would be a good place to take a date but fun for a family as it is very loud inside. The service was a little slow but we went during a very busy time. Overall, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- A family staplemichelebDined on 6/15/2014We live only 5 minutes from Z, so anytime we want a great meal with good service and fun atmosphere that's where we head. It is perfect for dinner with hubby, meeting my girls for lunch or drinks, or Sunday brunch with family. The food is consistently good and the menu varied, so that there is something for everyone. Their fresh made apple-nut muffins are the best thing ever!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceHaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 6/6/2014Started with wonderful Margaritas and Street Tacos. It only got better with the Stuffed Pork Tenderloin and Smoked Chicken Relleno. Kayla was so friendly - just a great server. We really enjoyed our evening. Thanks again.Special Features:
- chr1stmasDined on 6/6/2014Food is very good. Wait staff is also good and very friendly. Prices are fair for the quantity served. WAY TOO NOISY for most people.Special Features:
- Graduation BrunchlucicDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful family graduation brunch at Z'Tejas. Great food, good service and a wonderful time.Special Features:
- ardvarckDined on 5/24/2014Always a good experience. Highly recommend it. Reservation was on time and the service was excellent and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow servicejwc1023Dined on 5/24/2014The food here is always good. The service is always a bit slow. The waitstaff are usually excellent and helpful, it just takes a while to get your food. But we always go back because we love the food.
- Remembered why I haven't been backChristineVIPDined on 5/22/2014The food is ok, some dishes quite tasty. However, if there's any mistake on the order it takes FOREVER to get the attention of service folks. The place is so noisy you can't be easily heard. Absolutely not a place to have a meal in any privacy. Maybe if you are into the loud Happy Hour bar scene this might be for you? It once was really nice and seemed under control, but that was years a long time ago. Trout over-cooked and dry, never got lemon requested, achiote chopped salad came with almost no lettuce (seriously about 1/4 cup) and they don't offer to mix the salad for you anymore. Food and service used to be much better than this.Special Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Avery Ranch reviews archive.
- Great ServiceHaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 5/17/2014As always, great service and food. One of our "Go To" dining spots.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Everything I've tried is delicious! Definitely a go-to favorite restaurant for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Day BrunchAlmindpartyDined on 5/11/2014We greatly enjoyed having brunch on Mother's Day at Z-Tejas. Our server was exceptionally attentive, welcoming and made our visit a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Dinnerk2thePDined on 5/10/2014Can't say enough how much my family and I enjoyed our dinner this past Saturday, 5/10/14, to celebrate Mother's Day with my wife and daughter. I bought flowers that were waiting for us at the table upon arrival. Everyone was great from the hostesses, the waiter and the manager, Brian. The food was great as always. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great experience!DaniTXDined on 5/2/2014Great food with a last minute plan using Open Table that was perfect!Special Features:
- lunch meetingjonke05Dined on 5/2/2014Great lunch meet-up. Service was prompt, very helpful and let us do our business. Food was outstanding. Will be back next week.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysboileree72VIPDined on 4/26/2014ZTejas at Avery Ranch is always great, but this time with new menu items, which are really great, flavorful and right sized portions. Additional our wait person Tricia was one of the best we have had at ZTejas, she made great menu recommendations, her check backs to see if we needed anything and asked how we wed doing were timely but not overbearing - just the right amount. I will ask for her next time we make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter traditionfamilydinerDined on 4/20/2014This our families' third year to have brunch here for Easter. There are seven of us ranging from 65 to 10 and we all enjoy the food and the atmosphere. The service is always amazing. We have our whole family take a picture with the Easter bunny, so we will have the memories for generations to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014We love Z'Tejas, but it is soooo loud! Wish you could do something so you could hear each other talk at the same table. The food is always great, but because it is so loud, it is not the first place we think of to have dinner with friends. Maybe some carpet on the floor or some kind of wall hangings or both.
- Great Date PlaceSM93Dined on 4/11/2014Food was excellent and the menu is broad enough to let you try different entrees each time you come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE HAD FRIENDS IN FROM UTAH.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014WE HAD FRIENDS IN FROM UTAH. WE HAD NEVER BEEN BUT IT WAS RECOMMENDED BY A FRIEND. WE ALL THROUGHLY ENJOYED IT.SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD TOO.Special Features: