Z'Tejas Austin 6th St
1110 W. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Z'Tejas Austin 6th St
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/texas/austin-6th-street/
- Phone: 5124785355x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Santos Garcia-Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off Site catering is available by contacting Trina Pruitt, our Event Coordinator.
- Entertainment: We provide live music Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
A word from Z'Tejas Austin 6th St
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Z'Tejas Austin 6th St - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Z'Tejas Austin 6th St reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (47)great for outdoor dining (44)great for brunch (44)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (32)kid-friendly (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (20)hot spot (19)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great spot for a quick br/l-unchJupieVIPDined on 8/23/2014we happened upon brunch while going for lunch. GREAT menu and nice combinations. Fresh and yummy ingredients.Special Features:
- loved itlolcatDined on 8/17/2014Got the barbacoa enchiladas. Very tasty. Loved the cornbread - fluffy, light, full of flavor and had bits of corn in it which I loved and waiter was very accomodating to adjusting some of our orders to our tastes. We didn't get any but the fun bar (build your own bloody marys/mimosas) looked like a lot of fun.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Service was great and hospitality was outstanding. Will definitely come back if ever in AustinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little DisappointingSuzetteDined on 7/26/2014This has always been my favorite restaurant. It was our 2nd anniversary and I asked for a more secluded table. We were put in the main dining room with families and a loud Baby. In addition, our waiter gave us no time to look at the menu to order appetizers before asking. The cat fish tacos were cold and the chicken enchiladas a disappointment. I have been here numerous times to great food and service, unfortunately not this time.
- It's Ok....MaggieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I have had half a dozen people use the word "ok" to describe this place and I would have to agree. It isn't bad; but it isn't good; it's just ok. I had the miso salmon. I liked the chips and 3-piece appetizer tray (guac, salsa, queso). The happy hour menu looks good, I would return to try that before I would go for a meal.
- Good MealDustyDined on 7/18/2014We were in Austin for one day. We heard 6th street was the place to go. Based on reviews we chose Z'Tejas. The restaurant was not located where all the action is. But that was ok. We took a walk after dinner to see where the action was. The food at Z 'Tejas was good, especially tableside made guacomole and margaritas. We had a pleasant informal meal. Staff was very friendly. Only criticism, I think decor seemed old and needed sprucing up and more attention to cleanliness (menus, floors). Overall, I would recommend Z'Tejas for a fun, laid back meal.Special Features:
- Mom is in town!luvmymommaDined on 7/10/2014I want something nice but not terribly expensive...incredible food for a reasonable restaurant price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMickiVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great meal. Food was very tasty, service was incredible. Our waitress was very helpful and accommodating in helping us find something my autistic son would eat. Everyone in our party of 6 loved their food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always reliableShortlistVIPDined on 7/3/2014So many good things to say..food is tasty and well-prepared, although I've had issues with service and (rarely) lackluster preparation/presentation in the past, this wasn't one of those times. A former Austinite, I come here almost every time I am back in town.
- YummyAbbyDined on 7/2/2014The food was so outstanding that whenever made it past the happy hour menu. We had 5 different appetizer and they were all delicious! Topped it off with the best coconut cream pie ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- operacremes2Dined on 6/29/2014Tables too crowded on main floor so that people going to second balcony and waitstaff are constantly going back and forth. Probably better in other parts of the restaurant. Food good, especially the cornbread. Margarita (basic) was very small. Shredded chicken enchilada wasn't very flavorful but did enjoy the appetizer of chips and guacamole, salsa and cheese dip -- yummy!Special Features:
- Wonderfully Consistent!RobadobDined on 6/25/2014Z' Tejas has always been our "go to" restaurant the past 20 years because we can always count on the food being consistently delicious. We bring out of town guests there and they rave about it. So nice to have this gem in Austin.Special Features:
- Always goodLongTimeVisitorVIPDined on 6/21/2014Got to sit on the front outdoor patio on a Saturday night. It was most pleasant. Much quieter than inside, even though it's on 6th St. We were impressed that mosquito repellant was available right next to our table, which was nice, because unfortunately they were out there too, but the Off worked well. Food was very good, as always. The salmon special was excellent. We love Z.Special Features:
- Return to a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014From out of town and made our reservations so we could enjoy dining at one of our favorite restaurants in Austin. Friendly greeters, excellent service, good food, especially their "cornbread" that is prepared fresh every 30 mins. Chicken fried chicken was delicious! Enjoyed the atmosphere and people watching also. Relaxing place for brunch, lunch, dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodP31202VIPDined on 6/18/2014Z'Tejas is never disappointing. Great variety of food options and a real Austin dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner / Great ServiceMR00Dined on 6/15/2014Want to give the waitress, Claudia L., props -- EXCELLENT service!Special Features:
- Father's Day lunchchristoeballDined on 6/15/2014We sat on the front patio which was really nice and pretty quiet. The waiter was prompt and the food was very tasty. I had the Mango Steak Salad and really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day CrawlOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Once we thought this "holiday" was a quiet way to relax with Dad. Now it seems like everyone decides to take him out to eat just like they do dear old Mom. The place was packed and our entrees took forty five minutes to arrive. That's too long by anyone's standards for a Tex-Mex place.Special Features:
- Z'Tejas on 6th StreetOUMomDined on 6/14/2014There are so many wonderful restaurants to eat at in Austin but this is by far my favorite restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014We felt that the food was delicious, and the wait staff was very at tentative. Just what we would expect from Z'Tejas and what we appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but waiter spoiled itTartanTexasDined on 6/8/2014Was out for a nice family brunch and waiter rushed us, clearing plates too early and bringing the check without asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacos supremeCadanceDined on 6/3/2014The grilled fish tacos here are impossible to top! There was plenty of healthily prepared fish, tangy slaw and a tasty tortilla. Foodie bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night with WifelonefdlDined on 6/2/2014We wanted to sit outside but it was already full on a Monday night, so we ate inside and it was quite enjoyable. The cornbread is to die for and after the appetizer we tried the pork chop special and beef fajitas. Both were great. The Ginger Fizz my wife had was over the top!! Looking forward to eating on the upstairs patio next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It used to be good....AustinDined on 5/21/2014ZTejas used to be good. I won't be back. The food was bad, service was worse, pushed happy hour prices, charged us full price...I took someone visiting Austin....and couldn't have been more embarrassed.
- Gone DownhillzendogVIPDined on 5/18/2014Came here for brunch with my family and everything was off. The service was really slow and not very competent (the guy forgot our drinks, brought the wrong dish, disappeared for long periods). The food was not good. For example, the cornbread which is made in a skillet is usually hot and fresh but was cold this time. The rice accompanying the enchilada dish looked and tasted like it came from a box because the peas were shriveled. No one was blown away with their meals. This used to be one of my family's "go to" places but no more.
- FabulosomeksicanfoodluvrDined on 5/12/2014Joey was our waiter and he was supercalifragilistic expialidocious! He rocked. Attentive, knew the menu, boxed and labeled my to go box and did it all with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed some good food and great service at Z Tejas on West 6th. Even with a Mother's Day crowd everything was well prepared and we weren't lost in the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to the Mother's Day brunch, and although the food was good we were sat right next to the bar. It was extremely noisy and there wasn't much privacy. We ate quickly and left. It was just not a relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Mother's Day TreatKyleVIPDined on 5/11/2014For the past six years I've taken my wife and our now three children to Z'Tejas Austin 6th Street for Mother's Day Brunch, and every year it's a fantastic way to start the day for her and the kids. You guys have delicious food, for sure, but the service and ambiance is truly the reason to keep coming back.
- Great evening with good friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great the service was great. It made our time together even better. Our waiter took the time to help us get a great photo of the evening.Special Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Austin 6th St reviews archive.
- Not up to ecpectstionsJimS1Dined on 5/3/2014Fish was served under cooked by a lot. Returned to kitchen where they got it right & apologized. Service was inattentive. Based on our other visits we will give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouspenelope17Dined on 5/1/2014Food was very delicious at a great price. I came during lunch on a beautiful day and sat outside. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but NoiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food was decent but server was slow, and the restaurant is very loud. They really pack you in there so if your looking for a romantic dinner, this would not be the place for you. They also are having AC problems in the front room. My wife and I were sweating it was so uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Austin LandmarkGMomDined on 4/26/2014My UT daughter began taking my husband and me to Z Tejas years ago and it has been "go to" favorite since. So this past weekend I took 5 girlfriends of 50 years to experience the uniqueness that embodies ZT. And it did not disappoint! From the bloody Mary bar to the cornbread to the grilled cilantro trout, Street tacos and Santa Fe chicken enchiladas everything was created with care, visually appealing, and absolutely delicious! To top it all off, the service was impeccable! Thank you ZT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie's BirthdayAustinJakDined on 4/25/2014The five of us went early since the only reservation we could get on a Friday nite was at 5. I had the trout with avocado cilantro sauce ~~ delicious! Katie's Santa Fe enchiladas were tasty. Great time and great wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Casual Diningaustin7910Dined on 4/20/2014I took some out of town friends here to give them an "Austin: dining experience. They loved everything about it - the food, ambiance, service, and location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Z Tejas on 6th has always been one of our regular favorites. Always stable and consistent. Your happy hours are a good deal for those of us that really do not wish to eat a whole lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Austin spotEatItDined on 4/19/2014As usual, Z'Tejas hits all the marks. Food, location, prices. What's not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOutandaboutDined on 4/16/2014Just a great place with superb food and a electric and eclectic vib! Unique to Austin. Not duplicated anywhere else! Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014We had Sunday brunch: great food and service with a fun atmosphere. Will definitely return. Also sporeciated that we could make reservations online so there was no long wait for a table.I would recommend this to a friend.