9400 A Arboretum Blvd
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://ztejas.com/locations/#!/texas/austin-arboretum/
- Phone: 5123463506x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Juan Manzano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the patio space for private parties. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jordan Fowlkes x
A word from Z'Tejas Arboretum
Our fresh, flavorful and innovative menus showcase the bold and robust flavors of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. We take traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around the South to create a taste without borders.Continued
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
To make a reservation for parties of eight or more, please call the restaurant directly
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Z'Tejas Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Z'Tejas Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)great for outdoor dining (39)great for brunch (34)great for lunch (33)good for groups (33)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (11)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- One of our favorite brunch spots.cseafousDined on 9/14/2014Best Eggs Benedict my wife has had so far (it's the ham they use). Service is always good. Worth the trip just for the breakfast muffins. The food usually comes out quick but this time it was not hot at all. I chalk it up to an off day in the kitchen. We will continue to go there regularly. This is definitely a family friendly spot so don't be surprised if the volume gets a little loud sometimes. Eat out on the patio whenever it is available.Special Features:
- KCMHDined on 9/7/2014The food we ordered for brunch was very good and you can't bet the view of the hill country. Dining outside was a special treat.Special Features:
- BrunchdiningoutDined on 8/31/2014I've been a fan of Z'Tejas for years and always enjoy dining there, but this last visit the food was disappointing. I ordered Eggs Benedict and it was just not very good. Our waiter was awesome though and the service couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We had brunch on the patio with friends from Dallas. They especially appreciated the beautiful view from the patio. Food at Z Tejas is always delicious. The birds and squirrels were a little annoying, but since we were outdoors surrounded by trees, it was understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbigLDined on 8/19/2014Was expecting a bit nicer atmosphere for the prices, but food and service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job!!!mehmehmehmehmehDined on 8/13/2014Great food and Great service!!!! There was a small issue with some of the food but it was immediately and professionally taken care of. The manager and staff wanted to do their best to make sure we are among the coveted returning customer group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, friendly serviceBillTDined on 8/12/2014I took a family (clients) for lunch, and our waitress was prompt, friendly, efficient, and professional.Special Features:
- Delicious NachosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014I've visited Z'Tejas on two occasions and ordered the Green Chile Pork Nachos both times. I highly recommend this appetizer to anyone who likes an appetizer that feds like a meal. My husband and I had to share a dinner plate because the portions are very generous. I also highly recommend the Street Tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Summer lunch on the PatiolunchjunkieDined on 8/4/2014Went during high rush hour, with a reservation through Open Table. We were seated promptly, food was great. Had a shrimp, avacado appetizer and the Jerk Chicken Salad. Both were fantastic. Waiters were very attentive and they didn't mind that we lingered a bit after the meal was finished. Even after we had paid the bill, they kept the tea and water glasses full. Loved the view from the patio and the food!Special Features:
- Very nice dining experience.LoveBugDined on 8/3/2014Great choice for celebrating friend's 60th birthday.Special Features:
- DeliciousValleyDined on 8/1/2014I ordered the Wild Mushroom Enchiladas and as always it was absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantyourstrulyamieDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I are pretty fond of Z'Tejas. It is definitely our go-to spot. We love the yummy food and great service. We have never had any negative experiences here. However, we did go a few weeks ago and our meal took quite a while to come out. We didn't say anything, but just waited patiently. At the end of our meal our waiter brought us the fudge ancho pie as a thank you for being so patient. He definitely didn't have to do that but it was greatly appreciated. No complaints here!Special Features:
- Lovely brunchVMMATXDined on 7/27/2014Had a really good brunch at Z'Tejas, loved the make your own martini station.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFabulousDined on 7/26/2014Z'Tejas has the right amount of everything. With reservations , there was no wait. Next visit we will endeavor to reserve farther out date -wise, so as to have our preferred time slot, but the sacrifice of going early paid off in terms of every aspect of service, food, and the amount of time for a leisurely and very pleasant evening ... except the sunset view which is beautiful (due to our delay making the reservation). The mango beef salad was outstanding - spicy walnuts, a variety of greens, savory and tender beef. A pasta dish with sausage, shrimp, and vegetables was extraordinary. Patio seating a plus, even in summer - fans cool the area and keep it pleasant. Great service.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchdebbyDined on 7/26/2014We had a great family time celebrating 2 birthdays. Service was speedy and accurate, ambiance was pleasant, food was delicious. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceeatingoutDined on 7/22/2014Our family's first time to the Arboretum location and it was very enjoyable. The free valet parking, the comfortable outdoor seating, good food and excellent service made for a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- Noisy - too much soGreatFoodDined on 7/15/2014We found the service and food very good. While the facility is very nice, the noise level was way too high. We might go there again for a special occasion, but probably not. We have previously dined at the Z-Tejas on 6th street (both inside and outside) and have always found to to be outstanding in all categories. It is not an inexpensive choice, but well worth it.Special Features:
- An overlooked gem...SweetLouDined on 7/11/2014Z'Tejas Arboretum is one of those place you always see and don't really think about stopping in for. Why, I don't know, maybe it's on the way to work, or near a place where you shop, but you don't think about stopping in. Well, stop on in, you will be in for a rather pleasant surprise. The best thing about this place is the food...period. If that's not enough for you then it's the scenic views and great staff. We had a great anniversary dinner and will make this our go to place for special occasions from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGabbyDined on 7/6/2014My food was good but there were issues with my mom, brother and sister's food. We were celebrating my mom's birthday. But we spoke to the manager about it and he resolved the issue!!! We were pleased!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Z' Tejas!iloveaustinDined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service! Comfortable outside thanks to cooling fans. I always like to bring out of town guests here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsHappyoutoftownerDined on 7/3/2014I haven't been to a Z'Texas in over 5 years and was pleasantly surprised to find the food still very good. The place was quite loud, however, so not ideal for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th Annuversary TreatGrantDined on 6/19/2014From beeing seated promptly to beeing pampered from head to toe, our Anniversary Dinner experience was one too remember... Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeOinkOinkDined on 6/18/2014Not your usual Mexican. Great southwest taste. Comptent staff. Smallish portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day ExperienceelejohnsDined on 6/15/2014Took hubby there for Father's Day. Sat on the patio, had great service. The food was excellent, albeit a wee bit hot for this gringo, but still good. The drinks were wonderful and the special dessert, Strawberry Icebox Cake was awesome and light! It was great for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffOutAndAboutDined on 6/14/2014This is a nice place to bring out-of-town guests because of the view, the service and great food. There is enough variety on the menu to accommodate everyone but there's the district Texas flavor too. For such an odd time in the day (2 pm) the staff were still really friendly and attentive. Always enjoy it when I eat at Z'Tejas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BBrockDined on 6/12/2014Another great experience at Z Tejas. I eat here anytime I am in Austin. Great location, food and service. You can't go wrong with Z Tejas for a truly unique dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!chefgonedomesticDined on 6/10/2014It was just what our group of 6 ordered; an Austin atmosphere, delicious food that wasn't boring, and empicable service! Everyone ate everything on their plates! You know, usually, there is SOMETHING left on your plate- not here. It all is delicious. I could go back everyday until I finished all the items on the menu. As a group, we arrived at different times, so we originally were seated inside. But when the request came to be seated outside, the staff (manager and waiter) were very accomodating! It was worth it! Lovely and relaxing. The waitstaff SMILED and was courtous. Thank you Z'Tejas! Is there a cookbook?Special Features:
- Z'Tejas BrunchaviddinerDined on 6/8/2014There were five of us, including a six year old and everything was great. The service was quick and efficient, the food was well presented and tasty and the Do It Yourself bar was, as always, a great idea. It's close to the Arboretum, so it's very convenient for NW Austin residents, with plenty of free parking. A great brunch place for groups and families.Special Features:
- chuckDined on 6/3/2014We arrived 30 minutes late for our reservation due to traffic problems but were promptly seated. The food and service were excellent in all regards. Our only complaint was the noise level which made conversing difficult.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2014Great customer service all around... from the valet, the hostess, our server, to the bartenders... let's not forget the great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun twist on brunchStephVIPDined on 6/1/2014I enjoyed the unique brunch menu at Z'Tejas Arboretum. They have some traditional fare, mixed in with Tex Mex brunch options. The make-your-own mimosa wasn't very impressive, just orange or cranberry juice with some fruit. However, the make-your-own bloody mary bar seemed promising. Far more options if you want to be creative. I added salt to my food, which is very unusual, but it seems mine was the only bland dish of the group. I'd recommend the restaurant for anyone with family in town who would appreciate the view and unusual brunch taste, and aren't just in it for the cheaper brunch drinks.Special Features:
- Feels more expensive than it is.TeamsloanDined on 5/23/2014The quality of the food and the drinks combined with the setting might make you worried about the bill at the end of the meal. But, rest assured, you definitely get your money's worth. Great food, and if you can get a patio table you get a great view. We had a great time. Only complaint was it was a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 288 reviews are from the Z'Tejas Arboretum reviews archive.
- Noise LevelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014The dining experience was really nice - great good and fantastic service. The only down side was the noise level was deafening. We were a party of three and were placed in a booth (which was nice) near the bar area and next to a table set up for a party of approximately 15-20. Appeared to be co-workers there for happy hour. When we were seated their table was being set up so I'm pretty sure that it was a planned event. It was very loud and we had trouble having our conversation. At the end of the meal, the waiter did apologize for the noise level but I would have expected to be seated in another area at the beginning since it was clear that the area was going to be "energetic".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchbackpackDined on 5/18/2014A very nice place for brunch and graduation celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slloow ServiceSpartanFanDined on 5/15/2014The food was typical for ZTejas, but the service was the slowest in the west. And the waiter brought a used butter bowl with our corn bread. Yeach! Sat with an empty water glass forever. It even took a very long time to get our check. Since there were many empty tables that night, it led us to believe the restaurant was understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZTejas Revuewpampe254Dined on 5/14/2014Service, special needs accommodation, food was exceptional. The ambiance was loud that we had to yell at each other to communicate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steven Saved itJoJoDined on 5/10/2014On Saturday, May 10, we had reservations for a party of 5. We were given a pager, but only had to wait 5-10 minutes. Once seated, the hostess quickly escorted the remainder of our group to the table once they arrived. The problem was that no one had come to the table to greet or wait on us. We thought maybe they were waiting for our entire party to arrive. That wasn't the case. I finally, after about 20 minutes, had to get up and go find a a waiter. Luckily, we got Steven. He tried to find our waitress who, evidently, had disappeared or not realized she was working 2 shifts that day. So, he took care of us himself and did an EXCEPTIONAL JOB. Thank you, Steven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prom night noisejwolikeshisfoodDined on 5/10/2014Food is always good here and I've found the service very accommodating. I'm not a frequent visitor because the noise level is high due to the architectural design; so, on a busy night (like prom night this evening) don't expect to have a conversation across the table unless you're sitting outside. My peacan crusted chicken salad was nicely done. My date's tortilla soup was a little thick for my taste and would make a better winter-time meal than a light summer fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayoMikeyDined on 5/5/2014Very busy, little parking, food is mediocre and extremely noisey restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotFoodFanDined on 5/5/2014We had a great lunch at Z'Tejas Arboretum last week. The food is great here, the ambiance outstanding, and the experience is worth it. My friend had the SOUTHERN CHICKEN THIGHS - Crispy chicken served with Southern-style succotash, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and finished with mango chutney and it looked great. I had the PARMESAN PECAN-CRUSTED CHICKEN SALAD-Baby spinach, Roma tomatoes and crispy bacon mixed with warm bacon dressing, topped with Parmesan pecan-crusted chicken. It was a wonderful treat for a quick lunchtime meeting. One tip: the wait to get a table can be long, so be sure to make a reservation if you want to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.