Z's Steak and Chop Haus
784 Resort Drive
Midway, UT 84049Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Z's Steak and Chop Haus
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zermattresort.com/utah-dining-and-restaurants/z-chop-haus
- Phone: 4356570180
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch starting on June 2nd ending on September 1st, 2013 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joey Pesner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano on weekends.
A word from Z's Steak and Chop Haus
Z's Steak and Chop Haus is a comfortable yet elegant chop house. Dinners we experience wonderful cuisine from Ballard Ranch Utah Pork Chop to a juicy Bone in Filet Mignon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z's Steak and Chop Haus reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)romantic (9)fit for foodies (6)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Z Chop Haus feedbackNewlyWedDined on 9/13/2014It was a nice, quiet locations with great food and subdued, but lush decor and a high quality, but not a snobbish, environment. The staff was friendly and accomidating for the most part. We were a bit disappointed in the limited selection of the menu but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OurplaceourplaceDined on 9/12/2014The food, the service the location....all add up to being our favorite dining place for special occasions. To have this fabulous restaurant in our home town makes this a real gem! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Everything was fantastic! The food was wonderful, and the portion sizes perfect. The Creme Brule was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, great. Service questionable.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Z's was low on servers and as a result our server was rushed, stressed, and inattentive. Our experience was not as relaxing nor as enjoyable as one would expect for a high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu, staff and sceneryAudicanuckDined on 8/7/2014What a great spot to enjoy the end of a Wasatch County experience. Friendly staff and wonderful ambiance. Not too bright inside so it feels more formal. Tables throughout the center with comfy booths to the outside. Nice appetizers with different flare. Portions are normal which is great. Menu is all but typical. Parking can be a but tight as the Zermott Hotel (attached) is truly a getaway for those passing through and for locals alike like us. This is one of the best restaraunts in the Heber/ Midway area by far...And it's not the typical background so special occasions are all the better. My wife and I dined at Ruth's Chris in Park City the night before. Z's is worth a shot and you'll save 20-30%. Oh just go-totally worth it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant with great fooddotpaxDined on 7/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Z's. The good was perfectly cooked and tasty. The surf and turf was especially good. Service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average across the boardcantwaitDined on 7/25/2014Food was ok, service was fast. I expected more. Steaks were choice cut, not prime cut. Menu on Open Table was outdated. One dish in particular I was looking forward to was dropped.
- Great FindK8zchoiceDined on 7/5/2014Rebecca, our server was the most wonderful server we've had in all our travels. Her personallity. her manner and her appearance are definitely an assest to your restaurant. She went the extra mile for us. She made suggestions, described the quality and taste of various items on the menu and made our evening memorable Your're lucky to have her. We shall return and recommend Z's to our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2eatDined on 6/26/2014Food was excellent. So was service. We were seated immediately. When our server asked if we were celebrating a special occasion she immediately said dessert is on me! She surprised us with a wonderful dark chocolate flour-less torte with raspberries. That topped off a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal...AGAIN!ourplaceDined on 6/21/2014We have selected Z Chop Haus for our special occasions because the service is excellent and the food is a 10 on the scale. The desserts were delayed in the service, but the taste made up for the wait. WE definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoieGrasias1Dined on 6/7/2014The staff, including the head chef (Joe), was very professional and personable. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Z's Steak and Chop Haus reviews archive.
- Very exceptional foodKarly2974Dined on 5/22/2014We enjoyed our stay st Zermatt and Z's was a great place to eat dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The best food I've eaten in quite awhile for a very fair price. Do not miss the beet the salad....amazing!Special Features:
- Love this Place!LysaDined on 3/22/2014This is our second time to this restaurant and we absolutely love it! The Chateaubriand steak is absolutely amazing. It may be a little pricey, but it's worth every penny. Also, the Chocolate Lava Flow on the dessert menu is the best hot chocolate we've ever had. We had it 3 times over our weekend stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic!sbychanDined on 3/15/2014Z's Steak and Chop Haus is a fabulous restaurant. The meals that we have had there are some of the best that we have ever had. My husband said it was the best steak he has ever had, and I loved the schnitzel and spatzle. The ambience is great in the restaurant, and the entire resort. The staff was great too. We have no complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The overall atmosphere ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The overall atmosphere of Z's was very nice, we especially liked the live pianist. The food was prepared well and delivered with good timing so as not to make you feel rushed nor make you feel like you are just sitting around waiting. We particularly enjoyed the Gruyere Fondu (appetizer), and the Spatzel (side dish). Service however was sub-par. We have not had a lot of experience with European Cuisine and the waiter seemed put off by our questions regarding some of the menu items. At one point he made an off handed comment I am sure he meant as a joke, that my wife none-the-less found insulting. If we ever re-visit the area we will probably look at what else is around, as there was nothing so great to warrant a mandatory return visit.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I went to Z Steak and Chop Haus for our anniversary. It was very enjoyable. The piano player was great made for a very relaxing environment. Our meal was good and cooked to order. We made a reservation so we did not have to wait. We ordered a bottle of wine which came right away along with water. It was a reasonable wait to order and the salads came directly, it was a bit of a wait on our main course but not extremely long. Overall we had a good meal and an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress AttireRandBDined on 2/15/2014We believe an establishment of this caliber should have a dress code of some kind. The restaurants atmosphere is very nice and elegant. Business casual at a minimum should be the dress attire. Food and service was amazing. We highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Midway, UT areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the Money!JaxxDined on 2/15/2014The only thing that was worth the outrageous prices was the crab cakes with lobster sauce ($13)! That was one of the best things I have ever eaten! I had to mop up the left over sauce with my bread. Everything else was very average that you could get for 1/3 the price at another place. The sides were good, but not really worth $7 each, the filet mignon was delicious and not overly priced ($22), a 5 oz. lobster tail was good, but again, not worth $20, Creme Brulee was burnt more than it should have been ($13) and my baseball steak ($18) was too done and not tender at all. We did not tip very well because our drinks were empty a few times. The piano player was incredible talented and we tipped him very well! Spent $115, worth maybe $55.
- ZzzzzzsClipDined on 2/15/2014We were seated next to a very noisy family. Fortunately they were at the end of their meal. We enjoyed the fondue appetizer. The soup was good the salad average. We then had a lengthy wait for our main entrees. Our poor server or the kitchen staff were obviously being overworked. I ordered a chicken snitzel which was below average. The breading was not authentic (greasy instead of crisp). My date ordered crab cakes. Which she enjoyed. We did not dare order dessert given the lengthy intervals we had endured already and it took several minutes for our server to run our card at the end of the meal. A three course meal took nearly two hours to complete which I suppose is very European but detracted from our dinning experience.
- Food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Food is usually excellent. Steaks were a little disappointing bu server offered to bring us something different. Rather noisy bu they were busy or Valentines Day and we sort of expected a crowded restaurant. We will still dine there again.Special Features:
- Romantic GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014My husband and I came here for Valentine's and his birthday present. The service was great, we got to pick any table we wanted and the food was fantastic! A warm fireplace accompanied by romantic decor with a view of the snow covered mountains left us very satisfied. The scallops and swordfish were the best I've ever had and the server even bought us dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful resort and area.DogstarDined on 2/8/2014Beautiful resort and area. We started out our lovely day in Heber, at Soldier Hollow, enjoying Nordic skiing on the Olympic trail. At 4pm checked in at the hotel and at 6pm went to the crater for a soak, very relaxing. Highly recommend reservations for the crater. Afterwards enjoyed dinner at Z's. The food is expensive but well worth the investment. Beautiful restaurant, piano player and attentive staff very knowledgeable about their food and pairing wines. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceArtimusPrimeDined on 12/24/2013My wife and I drove up from Provo for the Christmas Eve Buffet at the recommendation of a friend. We enjoyed an excellent meal in all respects. The buffet included salmon, roast turkey, prime rib, crab legs, shrimp and all the trimmings. The buffet was well presented and abundant. The service was friendly and attentive. There was a nice assortment of hot and cold desserts. We will definitely be back. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Nascarman75Dined on 11/16/2013My wife and I dined here for her birthday and absolutely loved it. Our only complaint is that the food was so good, we ate too much! Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Hubbykp02VIPDined on 10/18/2013It is always a treat to dine with my husband and we both thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The new fondue recipe is excellent.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal!HeberMcGDined on 10/5/2013This was our second visit to Z's Steak and Chop. The first experience was wonderful and I had heard they brought on a new chef so we decided to see if the food would be of the same caliber. We were not disappointed! Our party had the buffalo steak, the petite fillet and the dry aged ribeye. The kids had sliders (which were HUGE!) and the kids fillet which is a 7oz wrapped in bacon and was awesome! We were lucky enough to have Dan M as our server again and he really knows how to do a fine dinning service. Not to foo foo, relaxed and well timed. Small wine list but well priced. They also bring the kids out a tray of crackers and veggies along with some twisty stix that keeps them occupied. All in all, another great experience at Z's Steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant.ConstancDined on 9/20/2013Good restaurant. Although not a fan of the German egg noodles but it was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and a wonderful staffellybrewhaDined on 9/7/2013Made a reservation for our anniversary. I also made a special request for when we arrived. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my request and succeeded in fulfilling my request. The food was wonderful and they have a very rich wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findpaintedturtleDined on 9/5/2013This was my first trip to Utah and I was thrilled to find such an outstanding restaurant at our Hotel. The food was excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UneatableBadfoodDined on 9/5/2013Terrible food- had a pork chop (recommend by waiter) and so salty could not eat a single bite. Mushrooms were very dry. Halibut was also very salty. Waiter tasted pork chop and admitted he had to spit it out. Played golf next day with locals and they said also they never had a good meal there. Although we had pizza the following night at the other restaurant Zerrnatt and it was great.
- Wonderful WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013We were here this past weekend for my husbands birthday. It was our first time but will not be the last. The restaurant was beautifully layed out, lighting was just enough. We were seated in a nice quiet, romantic booth. Our waiter, Dan was so fun and helpful with the menu. I asked him to bring me a drink of his choice, something sweet and sparkling. The drink he made was amazing. His personality and service were teh best. The food was perfect. Piano playing in the background topped it off. Loved, loved, loved everything about it. Thank you for making our evening perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zermatt diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Restaurant is an improvement over the last restaurant they replaced. Food was good, not over the moon and I felt like it was overpriced for the quality. Pork was a little dry, steak was good, crab cake was exceptional. In midway, your options are a bit limited and it is probably the best eatery in town. Would go again if I felt like dropping almost $100, not including dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the end of a vacation,InsdsjDined on 8/23/2013At the end of a vacation, my wife and I always try to dine at a really nice restaurant. We were staying at the Zermatt Resort where Z's is located. I had read reviews from Trip Advisor and it certainly sounded like a fine restaurant. We were not disappointed. My wife had the 6 oz. filet cooked perfectly, and I had a most unusual, but excellent, crab cake that was almost like a souffle. It was far different from any crab cake I had ever had before, and I really liked it. The service was impeccable. Our waiter gladly made recommendations that were spot on. I can highly recommend Z's Steak and Chop Haus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013The courses were brought out at the appropriate times. The filet was done perfect and melted in my mouth. The wine was a bit expensive. The fondue appetizer was great and so was the iceberg lettuce wedge salad. It's not inexpensive, but reasonable for a higher-end restaurant. I recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came for the Lobster...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013The night I came I was looking forward to dining on a half Maine Lobster along with my Tenderloin Medallions. I was disappointed to find out that they were out of lobster! An item they feature on their menu! How does that happen? So I settled for a bowl of Lobster Bisque, which was rich and velvety smooth on the tongue and some of the best I've had. My Tenderloin Medallions were okay. One was overcooked and one was as I asked for it. I could have done better at home with the tenderloin. The service was top-notch and I would come back again, maybe to try the Schnitzel with Spatzle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner date with hubbykp02VIPDined on 8/10/2013We very seldom have the opportunity to enjoy a quiet dinner together and so this was special for us. I hope we can do it again soon and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!sjdixonDined on 7/13/2013I would recommend the Kansas Strip steak it was melt in your mouth good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Steak I've Ever HadJaredDined on 6/14/2013There is SO much I could say of Z's but the thing that I feel will convince anyone is the Chateaubriand steak for two. This is the single most amazing steak I have ever had and it alone will have me back VERY soon. If that were all Z's had to offer it would be enough but this amazing French/German cuisine fusion is full of gems. The food is all very thoughtfully and beautifully prepared. You will taste things here that are unique and you will not get anywhere else. My wife and I were pleased with every aspect of what we ate and experienced and are already making plans to take our parents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A revelationCabomanDined on 6/1/2013Z's has been transformed! What was a simply above average steakhouse now offers as fine a meal as I have eaten in the state of Utah, and very much worth driving to Midway to enjoy. Dont miss the chateaubriand!I will now be a regular. Doesn't get much better than a beautiful round of golf at Crater Springs followed by dinner at Z's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.