17440 E. 17th Street
Tustin, CA 92780Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zovs.com/
- Phone: 7148388855
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am,
Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Zov Karamardian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Zov's special events and catering department provides full-service catering off the premises for social and corporate clients throughout the year. From bridal showers and weddings to company holiday functions, Zov's special events staff handles every detail from menu selection to valet services to make your event unforgettable. Let the bistro come to you.
- Entertainment: Live Mediterranean guitarist every Monday and Friday evening.
A word from Zov's Bistro
Rated as one of the top restaurants in Orange County by Zagat, Zov's Bistro, Bakery & Cafe has a commitment to providing guests with the finest dining experience. Zov's Bistro serves Mediterranean inspired cuisine in a unique ambience which mixes the sophistication of bistro elegance, with the relaxed comfort of al fresco dining. Let your palate bask in the menu's signature items: the pomegranate martini, wild king salmon with Moroccan spices and saffron couscous, and the milk chocolate bomb with crème Brule center. The Z-bar and wine room offer an eclectic martini menu and as well as an extensive wine list. Enjoy exclusivity in the private dining room, and family brunch in the cafe on Saturdays and Sundays. Don't forget to pick up a pastry from Zov's award-winning bakery; and sign-up for Zov's ever popular cooking class series, as well as our renowned winemakers events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Zov's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Tustin ›
Zov's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (21)good for groups (14)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (10)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Great meeting place for dinner meetings or with someone special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Incredibly this was my first visit to Zov's however it will not be my last. From a sophisticated luncheon menu I settled on Zov's juicy grilled to perfection lamb burger with Mediterranean cole slaw. Around the table we also order grilled Ahi Tuna and two chicken club sandwiches. Everyone was happy! The service was impeccable but not stuffy. I loved the white table clothes and white cloth napkins, even for lunch. We dined at the Zov's in Tustin. When we finished, we went into the bakery and gift shop to ooohhh and ahhhh over the handmade cakes, pastries, tarts, unique pastas, Zov's spices and one of a kind gifts items for purchase. Go Go Go to Zov's! There's three locations, Tustin, Irvine and Newport. I'm going to try all three!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchPamelatjVIPDined on 8/6/2014....looking forward to coming back very soon to enjoy the new renovation and bar area! Sam was a competent server, and Bev a gracious manager. Delightful patio and menu were delicious!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 8/5/2014Have been to Zovs on many occasions. The ambiance, service and food are always outstanding. Wait staff is always attentive as well as management coming by at least once to check on you. Don't miss trying this gem.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We love the food at Zov's and the service is impeccable. The construction happening around the center and in the restaurant does very little to take away from the dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!SheilaDined on 7/29/2014Zov's love this place always a great meal, we love lamb and oh the sauce such rich flavor. Great presentation! Wonderful service, friendly and great interaction with the staff. They really want you to have a great dinning experience. The patio is under a slight remodel going to be even nicer than it already was! Never had a meal whether lunch or dinner that wasn't wonderful! Great bakery and they have gluten free options!Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 7/25/2014We use to think Zov's was a cut above the local restaurants in the area. Last Friday was a disaster the food was non edible. The duck was particularly bad, tasteless and tough. The establishments fix was to provide a sharper knife. In summary it was expensive for an unedible meal. Never again. The seabass was not tough but tasteless.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014What a great place for a nice relaxing lunch! My husband had a sirloin burger and beer, I had a tahini lamb pita and prosecco. If you like juicy meat and Middle Eastern fusion spice, this place is perfect for you. You can substitute everything with quinoa if you are a vegetarian. We've tried breakfast (on the other side of this restaurant, still Zov's, but unfortunately you can't make a reservation thru Opentable there), lunch and dinner at Zov's and we loved them all. Speaking of the other side of this Bistro, try some of their desserts at Zov's bakery. You want to bring them all home with you. It's heaven!Special Features:
- Zov's Bistrotnbrbz4VIPDined on 7/24/2014Well I have to say that at first I was a little doubtful: Hard to find, entered wrong door, had to sit outside, area under renovation...but as fortune would have it the food was excellent and so was the service. Went for dinner with boss and co-worker and was a little worried when we first arrived (finally as the GPS got us only close to you). I'm curious what your dining patio/dining room will look like when you are finished and only hope that it matches the fine quality of your food. (it doesn't currently) Great lamb pops! Also the baba ganoush was exceptional.Special Features:
- remodeling ruined the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/24/2014I took a friend visiting from Ohio to Zov's on Thursday - because of the remodel we were in an area that was loud, far too bright and too warm in the restaurant. I was very disappointed because she didn't get to experience the restaurant I anticipated I was sharing. Growing pains are tough, but I won't go back until I know that remodel was completed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceExcellentChoiceDined on 7/23/2014ZOV's was an excellent choice for our group lunch. This is actually the thrid time I have held a group event at this location and have always been pleased. This time was a bit noisy due to construction next door, but that was not their fault. Hopefully that will be over with soon and it will once again be a peaceful relaxing environment. I would not hesitate recommending this location to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum2Dined on 7/21/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Zov's 10 years ago and decided to have dinner at Zov's on our 35th wedding anniversary. My husband and I were glad that we did. The food has remained consistently good and the service friendly yet unintrusive. Next time we won't wait 10 years to go back to Zov's Bistro!Special Features:
- Quiet Night DinnerEddieDined on 7/19/2014If you are looking for a nice upscale dining experience, Zov's is just that. Small but good menu, excellent wine list and a casual atmosphere all blend to make for an evening meal without that family dinner feel.Special Features:
- Richard TomaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We were warmly received, taken to our table and had very nice service and wonderful foo. Will definitely tell friends and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to die forMelBDined on 6/30/2014No matter what you order, the taste is out of this world. We had a group of ten and everyone was very satisfied. The owner came to our table to see if we were happy.Special Features:
- Overpriced!NyfedsDined on 6/28/2014We hadn't dined at Zov's in quite some time and decided to go there for dinner with friends. We were all quite surprised to see just how expensive Zov's had gotten. Food was good but nothing to bring us back for what they charge. Prices were so high. Far better options at far more reasonable prices elsewhere.
- DINNING EXPERIENCEJR2424Dined on 6/27/2014I took my wife here for her birthday Friday 6/27/14. Food and selection of wine were great. A bit pricey for a dish but great tasting. I was impressed with the experience until the end of our dinner. The waitress forgot to box our food like we requested and tossed it out. In addition, we asked if there was nuts in the dessert we were ordering and she repleid No. When the dessert came it was full of nuts. Not good when the waitress doesn't know what the dishes contain. I didn't want to complain then and there. I'm not that kind of person to make a scene nor draw attention to myself. I firgured i'd write you this review for better training of your staff. I look forward to discussing or experience over the phone. Thank you.
- Ultimatehi4endDined on 6/25/2014I have been a Zovs customer for several years and have NEVER been disappointed with the quality and hospitality !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014My wife and I like to visit Zov's Bistro in Tustin for special occasions, and recently chose my wife's Monday birthday, resulting in a very quiet evening, next to the waterfall. We started with the baba ganoush and roasted red pepper with fetta, with fresh pita bread, as an appetizer. Both were outstanding. For entrees she ordered the Mediterranean Ciopinno and I had the pistachio crusted sea bass served on a bed of red quinoa. We also tried the seasonal fried brussel sprouts. We both found our meals to be truly sumptuous, and the brussel sprouts were amazingly good. We would recommend Zov's Bistro in Tustin to anyone looking for a departure from humdrum cuisine. If you prefer a quiet evening, then choose a Monday night.Special Features:
- Awesome Restaurant!LagunanDined on 6/11/2014You will never be disappointed with the food at Zov's as it's always fantastic. I have been going to this restaurant for at least 6 years and it just continues to get better. The menu changes enough to not get boring and their specials for the day are really worth ordering. The owner is almost always there and comes around to greet each table. He really cares about his customers. And I love the outside covered patio. You never feel uncomfortable as they do a good job of keeping the temperature just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definite fanjuliepDined on 6/7/2014Zov's always delivers. Whether it's a business meeting or a social gathering, Zov's always comes through!Special Features:
- nicegoodDined on 5/31/2014I enjoy restaurants which don't have a 10 page menu, and specialize in what they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedIslandGirlDined on 5/21/2014Have been going to Zov's for years - never disappointed. Good food, good service and friendly people. Have the cookbook so now I can make some of my favorites at home. I have also been to their newer restaurants in Irvine and Newport Beach - all our good but I still prefer the ambiance and menu at the original location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i like zovs becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Brandon is my moms guy. My mom is 74 and demanding. But I love her. Brandon babies her. My mom loves it. My wife and two daughters took granny for mothers day. Expensive for us but fantastic for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great group lunchHBGalVIPDined on 5/12/2014Seven of us met for lunch. We all ordered something different with special requests and all of our food was delivered just as ordered. Our beverages were refilled throughout lunch and conversation afterwards.
- Exquisite foodjackstraw86Dined on 5/10/2014Zov’s provides top notch Mediterranean food served in a relaxed atmosphere. The appetizers are amazing and the entrees are as good as it gets. It’s a little spendy but worth it when you taste how marvelous the food is. Waiters are familiar with the menu and offer great suggestions based on your tastes. I highly recommend Zov’s to anyone who enjoys Mediterranean cuisine or to someone that isn’t familiar with it and wants to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicePlaceDined on 5/10/2014Service on weekend has always been great. Do not like the limited menu for special occasion, feels like they are just pushing you through.Special Features:
- DisappointedHappyDinerDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I have dined at Zov's many times and have had truly outstanding dining experiences. On this occasion as usual the service was outstanding. The wine was fantastic. The appetizers were extraordinary! However the main course was disappointing. We both ordered the ribeye steak. Both steaks were brought to our table slightly above room temperature. The herbed butter they place on top of the steaks did not even melt. My wife kept her steak and I asked the server to please take my steak back back and warm it up. The server brought the steak back 10 minutes later burned on one side and with the same cold potato fries and salad that it had been originally served with. Zov's removed the charge from the bill and gave us a free dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SupperChampagneloverDined on 5/9/2014We had a great experience at Zov's Bistro. The staff was very good. Our server Brandon did a great job and was friendly and efficient. We had mentioned about being vegetarians when we made reservations and were pleasantly surprised that the restaurant acknowledged that and accommodated us. I have had Chef Zov's food before and once again this was another great experience! We also stopped by the bakery afterward to pick up some treats for our son. Had a fabulous evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Syrian at its bestLildeb1971Dined on 5/8/2014We love middle eastern and Meditteranean food so we were delighted to try Zov's. Delicious lentil soup, lamb shishlik, and pistachio crusted sea bass. Kids were happy with traditional chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. Cocktails were awesome also!Special Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the Zov's Bistro reviews archive.
- Good Food. Bad ServicehmmmdadaDined on 4/24/2014I went there with a friend for lunch. First, they couldn't find our reservation but it wasn't overly busy so we were able to get a table right away. The waitress was very awkward, maybe new, and didn't really seem like she knew what she was doing? We didn't receive bread and butter like all of the tables around us. After about 45 minutes of waiting for my chicken pita and friends greek salad, we inquired about our food. After another 10 minutes of waiting, she told us it would be a few more minutes. 10 minutes later our food finally arrived. I only have an hour for lunch so I was unable to eat my food and had to take it to go. The chicken pita was decent and the Mahummara was pretty good. Not sure I'll return though. Pretty disappointed.Special Features:
- Very Good Business LunchWillametteWondersDined on 4/17/2014Informal but professional, this is very good food and a diverse menu well delivered. Substantial covered, outdoor seating with heaters that make the space comfortable in cooler weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseGregjayromeDined on 3/26/2014I'm from Canada and just picked this restaurant "site unseen" from Open Table based on its location. The food was of the highest quality and the service was great. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014On arrival we were greeted with courtesy and recognition. Brandon, the server, knows those customers whom he has served before. He has an excellent memory and is most attentive but not overly so....simply professional. The owner's daughter takes the time to stop by our table to check upon our needs and to let us know that she appreciates our custom. The food is always good, hence our return for those special occasions and for get-togethers with friends.Special Features:
- Zov's Bistro special dinnerCuriousme2Dined on 3/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed a very nice dinner in a pretty quiet corner of Zov's Bistro, Tustin the other night. Our food was excellent and cooked to our request. The only thing I am critical about is the price of wine. I am not a wine connoisseur but I enjoy wine with dinner. Their wine is over priced. A half bottle of Cab. was $45.00! Next time I will check if they have a corkage fee and bring my own full bottle. If it had not been our 48th wedding anniversary we would have skipped having wine altogether.Special Features:
- Tasty surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014My group ordered the sea bass, salmon and rib-eye. I had the sea bass and it was delicious, but the red quinoa cake served under it was amazing. I want to figure out how to duplicate those flavors at home! I was a bit disappointed that the waiter never refilled my wineglass from the half-bottle I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always been one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014It's always been one of our favorite places to go! We haven't ordered anything that we don't like. Excellent service and great food at Zov's deserve a five star rating from us!Special Features:
- A Special RestaurantSerenitySeekerDined on 3/1/2014We've been coming for years now. It's the special place we go for birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, as always, is veryChrisDined on 2/15/2014The food, as always, is very well prepared. Pistachio crusted sea bass was very good. Spicy shrimp linguini was good, but not unique; maybe needs something to set it apart from similar dishes elsewhere. The server, Brandon, was very personable and took good care of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for date nightartzkieDined on 2/14/2014Being parents to 4 kids leaves my wife and I limited time to go out. and when we do, we have to find places that are local. So we looked into Zov's this last Valentine's Day for dinner. And it did not disappoint. This ranks up there on our list of best Mediterranean cuisine restaurants we've eaten at. The lamb was done just right with a cabernet reduction. The mezze and starter dishes were good as well. And they also have a pretty sizable wine list that addresses pretty much any wine aficionado's craving. Will definitely be back here one of these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.